Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 339675 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #18645 on: February 17, 2009, 04:19:02 AM »

Whoa is me. It's another emo-MacMisery post

TL; DR

You could put your literacy skills to good use by writing out a closing letter for a potential part-time job.  :hanged:

It's something that I've been considering, particularly now that I've been able to maintain a fairly steady 00:30 to 08:30 sleep period with no significant tiredness during the day for the past month, and given that my mood has remained relatively stable during that period, and shows signs of continuing improvement.  I've been looking for positions that would involve one or two full or half working days per week, and which would be 15 hours or less per week. 

Unfortunately, most of the part-time jobs I've seen advertised involve working for 2-3 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, and I find it very demoralising when I have to spend more time getting ready to go out and traveling to something than I spend actually at the thing, since a 2-hour event often turns into a 4-hour event once travel is taken into account, particularly since I rely on public transport.  I also find the idea of getting a job and re-entering the public arena to be quite intimidating and scary, particularly given my uncertainty about my future stability and my general ability to cope.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #18646 on: February 18, 2009, 06:16:24 AM »
Too boring; didn't read.
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18647 on: February 18, 2009, 07:21:05 AM »
Did you fall out of bed this morning Pea? Grumpy!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #18648 on: February 18, 2009, 09:25:17 AM »

As opposed to being a bipolar fuckwit.  :hanged:
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18649 on: February 18, 2009, 01:29:06 PM »
I wonder if it is possible to play a DVD too slowly.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18650 on: February 18, 2009, 03:08:20 PM »

I know that dodgy software players can do this, accidentally, sometimes.
Other formats can be manipulated "on the fly,"  but I don't know that it can be done with DVD playback OTF.

Why?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18651 on: February 18, 2009, 04:52:02 PM »

Other formats can be manipulated "on the fly,"  but I don't know that it can be done with DVD playback OTF.

Why?

I'm watching The Sopranos on DVD. Seasons 1-4 were OK. Season 5 playback, on the other hand is slower. No doubt about this--I have perfect pitch--but what I'm wondering is why this is the case. Is it an error done while scanning, or is it a media error?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18652 on: February 18, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »
I hate how people think NJ is filled with Mobsters because of The Sopranos.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18653 on: February 18, 2009, 05:36:09 PM »

Why?

I'm watching The Sopranos on DVD. Seasons 1-4 were OK. Season 5 playback, on the other hand is slower. No doubt about this--I have perfect pitch--but what I'm wondering is why this is the case. Is it an error done while scanning, or is it a media error?

... and it seems to play normally, other than the speed?

If so, it almost has to be something than was scanned in or altered during the original file capture.

If it was a problem with your actual media specimen it would not work well on your machine and you would have blocky looking digital artifacts occasionally, I would think.

Strange. I really don't know, sorry.

I've had faulty, brand new DVDs before but they usually don't play properly and sometimes even cause the player to go nutty, requiring a total power down/unplug from the wall/reboot.
The weirdest "flaw thing" I've seen was when I first purchased "Master And Commander."    It played one set of scenes out of order  (something like - scenes 1,2,3,4,8,9,10,11,5,6,7,12,13,14 ... and the rest was fine.) They looked at me like I was stupid when I returned it, but they gave me a new one.

I have never seen one simply play too slowly.
 :zombiefuck:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18654 on: February 19, 2009, 01:23:18 AM »

I don't get it. Does anyone know what this means?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18655 on: February 19, 2009, 01:27:20 AM »

Why?

... and it seems to play normally, other than the speed?

If so, it almost has to be something than was scanned in or altered during the original file capture.

If it was a problem with your actual media specimen it would not work well on your machine and you would have blocky looking digital artifacts occasionally, I would think.

Strange. I really don't know, sorry.

I've had faulty, brand new DVDs before but they usually don't play properly and sometimes even cause the player to go nutty, requiring a total power down/unplug from the wall/reboot.
The weirdest "flaw thing" I've seen was when I first purchased "Master And Commander."    It played one set of scenes out of order  (something like - scenes 1,2,3,4,8,9,10,11,5,6,7,12,13,14 ... and the rest was fine.) They looked at me like I was stupid when I returned it, but they gave me a new one.

I have never seen one simply play too slowly.
 :zombiefuck:

No, it's bloody strange. I do believe the problem happened during scanning--if you scan something at 24fps when the thing was supposed to play back at 25fps, this is what you get. I simply wondered if there was some other possibility, something that I didn't see. :zombiefuck:

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18656 on: February 19, 2009, 01:28:14 AM »

One of P's less well-considered attempts at flaming for the sake of flaming, I should think.

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18657 on: February 19, 2009, 07:19:01 AM »

Pea was alluding to the fact that "Bipolar Fuckwit" was the lesser-known eighth dwarf- he could be even more of a bitch than Grumpy, but of course that was only half the time.  He got kicked out of the dwarf commune when Doc caught him slipping ginseng into Sleeping Beauty's drinks.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #18658 on: February 19, 2009, 07:27:16 AM »
 :lol:
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

P7PSP

« Reply #18659 on: February 19, 2009, 07:37:09 AM »

Pea was alluding to the fact that "Bipolar Fuckwit" was the lesser-known eighth dwarf- he could be even more of a bitch than Grumpy, but of course that was only half the time.  He got kicked out of the dwarf commune when Doc caught him slipping ginseng into Sleeping Beauty's drinks.
And now he posts here as ALLDAYGLOWRANDY?  :zoinks: