Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 339309 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #18480 on: January 30, 2009, 09:44:44 PM »
Pyraxis:  I kind of want to set you up on a blind date with someone with Wernicke's aphasia.

:lol: That would be a trip. I'd probably take them out to actually do something together.

I rewatched a few Youtube vids. There seems to be an awful lot of information on exactly how speech is disrupted, but not much on whether emotional awareness and material skills are normal.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #18481 on: January 30, 2009, 09:46:33 PM »
What does it matter whether electrons have free speech?
What, do you think it antimatters?
[/quote]

:laugh:  :oneliner:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18482 on: January 30, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »
I like you?  :zombiefuck:

That must be annoying as hell.

Go pee and see if the symptoms pass.

:laugh: I'm not that male. I prefer to seek out the best of both worlds. The annoying part is your talent for obfuscation. If I could just write you off as an enigma resolved, I would get bored and move on, since we don't actually have that many common interests.

Enigma?

Is it this:

"Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer"
(someone called me an insensitive oaf. Using that as a personal text was my way of admitting to the vast array of unlikely contradictions that are the very fabric of my life. I'm being serious and open, not trying to obfuscate.)

Honestly, the sheer number of posts (although some could certainly be left out) I've made here, the body of which could be thought of as a sort of Cliff Notes representation of my life for the past two years, should contain resolutions to most all the puzzles. I have posted almost every day about what's going on around me, even some embarrassing or disturbing moments, holding little back.

Are you saying that you become bogged down in trying to understand how some of my contradictory attitudes and behaviors could exist within one mind, such as supposedly having extremely sensitive hearing, yet claiming to enjoy extremely loud, even LIVE music?   ... or that I claim to have a job where I have to deal with lots of people, then I seem to come home and hide inside my computer and don't answer the phone?   ... or that I claim to identify with a spirit world, but also claim to have no faith?   ... or that I seem to be a non-violent, passive person who also claims to have an impressive assortment weapons and defensive talents?   .. or that I claim to have a respectable income, nice home, huge selection of toys, yet I apparently live a humble life and have to schedule for expenses such as car repairs?   ... or that I claim to seek balance, symmetry and continuity, but I obviously have impulse control issues and trouble staying on topic, even when trying to explain something I care about?

WHAT!!

All that, is just me being me. There's not really much more to resolve.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:27:12 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18483 on: January 30, 2009, 10:25:38 PM »

:laugh: I'm not that male. I prefer to seek out the best of both worlds. The annoying part is your talent for obfuscation. If I could just write you off as an enigma resolved, I would get bored and move on, since we don't actually have that many common interests.
Dirtdawg:  If you want to hold her interest, keep her slightly confused.

Pyraxis:  I kind of want to set you up on a blind date with someone with Wernicke's aphasia.

Sadist!

:D
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #18484 on: January 30, 2009, 10:29:39 PM »

Enigma?

Is it this:

"Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer"
(someone called me an insensitive oaf. Using that as a personal text was my way of admitting to the vast array of unlikely contradictions that are the very fabric of my life. I'm being serious and open, not trying to obfuscate.)

Honestly, the sheer number of posts (although some could certainly be left out) I've made here, the body of which could be thought of as a sort of Cliff Notes representation of my life for the past two years, should contain resolutions to most all the puzzles. I have posted almost every day about what's going on around me, even some embarrassing or disturbing moments, holding little back.

Are you saying that you become bogged down in trying to understand how some of my contradictory attitudes and behaviors could exist within one mind, such as supposedly having extremely sensitive hearing, yet claiming to enjoy extremely loud, even LIVE music?   ... or that I claim to have a job where I have to deal with lots of people, then I seem to come home and hide inside my computer and don't answer the phone?   ... or that I claim to identify with a spirit world, but also claim to have no faith?   ... or that I seem to be a non-violent, passive person who also claims to have an impressive assortment weapons and defensive talents?   .. or that I claim to have a respectable income, nice home, huge selection of toys, yet I apparently live a humble life and have to schedule for expenses such as car repairs?   ... or that I claim to seek balance, symmetry and continuity, but I obviously have impulse control issues and trouble staying on topic, even when trying to explain something I care about?

WHAT!!

All that, is just me being me. There's not really much more to resolve.

Sounds to me like you're pretty resilient.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #18485 on: January 30, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »
Enigma?

Is it this:

Um. Not exactly. Well, except for the bit about impulse control. I don't mind contradictions. What I haven't found yet is a key to predicting them. Multiplicity is actually fairly easy once you learn the structure. Purer ADHD, not so much. At least it goes against the order that I understand.

Like how you (or others; ADD/ADHD, along with schizophrenia, is something I've been watching and trying to figure out for a while) can want something, and care about it, and still get diverted and forget it - without it being related to trauma or "issues" of some kind.

Or really, how to get genuine interaction that lasts more than a couple exchanges before spiraling into one infinity or another and seg-faulting. Which extremes are to be met with the opposite extreme, which are to be met with an anchored center, and which are to be mirrored alongside.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18486 on: January 31, 2009, 01:43:03 AM »
Enigma?

Is it this:

Um. Not exactly. Well, except for the bit about impulse control. I don't mind contradictions. What I haven't found yet is a key to predicting them. Multiplicity is actually fairly easy once you learn the structure. Purer ADHD, not so much. At least it goes against the order that I understand.

I don't know what you mean by purer ADHD.
Our psyche originally said I have many qualifiers for an ADHD DX, but my experience at compensating would make it impossible to confirm. My instant thought (I wanted to voice, but didn't) is BULLSHIT, she has no idea how much energy and focus it actually takes to "compensate." She remained in the "safe zone"  with PDD-NOS for me. Later, after two more visits, I saw that she had also added ADHD to mine and to my son's lists of shit.

As far as identifying a structure ... you may be dreaming.
For myself, I wake up in a different world almost every day. What ever teetering balance of compensations or corrections I used "yesterday"  often does not apply to "today."   Some days I have really bad crossovers and other days it is only a general cross between sight and sound. Some days I have no co-ordination and other days I'm graceful and dexterous. Some days I can't taste anything at all and other days, the slightest taste makes my ears ring and my sight blur. Some days I have no feeling at all. Other days I have massive pins-and-needles everywhere. (... and I fucking HATE change!)
I can't really describe it any better. Good days and bad days!  I know that is not unique, either, judging by many of the people here, my kids and the one other (confirmed ADHD) guy I know from work.
I doubt that any arrangement of "If A or X, not B nor C, then not D nor E, but F or G and Y, but not Z nor W" or some such shit will ever be found.

Like how you (or others; ADD/ADHD, along with schizophrenia, is something I've been watching and trying to figure out for a while) can want something, and care about it, and still get diverted and forget it - without it being related to trauma or "issues" of some kind.

Can't really offer anything to address that. It's just how it is.
I "compensate"  by leaving myself notes here and there or "things out of place" reminders to help me stay on track. I always have. It sounds ridiculous, but it does help a little to come back to something, but not for decreasing the tendency to "drift"  or to become totally consumed by some other task or fun thing.

Or really, how to get genuine interaction that lasts more than a couple exchanges before spiraling into one infinity or another and seg-faulting. Which extremes are to be met with the opposite extreme, which are to be met with an anchored center, and which are to be mirrored alongside.

Again, you're dreaming, I think, especially about a continued interaction. (I'm trying)
Using myself as an additional example, only certain simple things will ever be predictable, such as, a knock at the door will always make me jump out of my skin and my ears will always instantly roar like a jet taking off inside my head, unless I sense the approach.
Extremes like Trig having a sensitivity to light and having to wear dark glasses to be comfortable and myself being sensitive to light in a different way in that I am able to look directly at a photographic subject during a studio strobe exposure and adjust my strobes for angle and intensity to within about two tenths of a stop or less error, with my naked eyes, will never be predictable. Nor will odd things like my extreme dawg nose sensitivity to smells, while at the same time, I am able to tolerate very powerful, horrid odors that would make everyone else puke, almost instantly. Maybe that one is an example of an "anchored center."

What does any of that have to do with your claim that I have a talent for obfuscation?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:47:29 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18487 on: January 31, 2009, 06:56:38 AM »
:laugh:

But you're not a person. None of you is. You're all electrons, that's all.
Oh, ok- that explains why a hug was welcome!  You're particle-ar about who you choose to associate with!

It's elementary, I know, but it's a matter of fact.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18488 on: January 31, 2009, 06:58:08 AM »
But you're not a person. None of you is. You're all electrons, that's all.

What does it matter whether electrons have free speech?

Because they are normally oppressed by the protons.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #18489 on: January 31, 2009, 07:03:42 AM »
Those cowardly protons!  :o :yikes: :tinfoil: :GA: :tantrum: :arrr:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18490 on: January 31, 2009, 08:34:47 AM »
The neutrons are supposed to be neutral, at least.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #18491 on: January 31, 2009, 08:35:39 AM »
Oh, they're Swedish.  :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18492 on: January 31, 2009, 09:32:08 AM »

Possibly so, but don't forget, "free neutrons" are considered to be quite unstable.

:orly:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #18493 on: January 31, 2009, 02:20:12 PM »
They still have some gravity to them though...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18494 on: January 31, 2009, 02:50:35 PM »
They still have some gravity to them though...

But less so when excited.

- Albert Einstein