Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 342077 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #18420 on: January 22, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »
Oh, nothing, really. I'd just need access to your bank account for transfers. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18421 on: January 22, 2009, 05:14:23 PM »
'kay, just dial 9-113-5463

I used to give some version of that to people who wanted to call me. Having to dial "9"  was fairly common at one time. So with proper phrasing I would tell them to dial 9    (big pause)   113   (then four more numbers)

If they ever tried to call me using that number, they would actually dial "911"  which is our emergency services hotline number for police, ambulance, fire department, etc. and immediately be connected to a recorded emergency service operator, as they made a "crank call" disrupting the emergency service for no reason.

I've had several people tell me they called my number but it was wrong!
:LMAO:

I know I'm evil, but I fucking HATE talking on a telephone.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:21:17 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #18422 on: January 22, 2009, 05:19:11 PM »
I just know Shima's, P's and Shleeeds voices from the MSN and from Yt. I never talked to anyone from I2 over the phone.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18423 on: January 22, 2009, 05:29:46 PM »
I just know Shima's, P's and Shleeeds voices from the MSN and from Yt. I never talked to anyone from I2 over the phone.

Sounds like an NT Super Power to me.  As sensitive as my hearing is and as analytical as my general hearing process is, I can never recognise voices over the telephone or walkie-talkie or the wi-fi communication system we use at work. I just can't.

The best I can do is to recognise some quirk in a person's speech phrasing or consistent misuse of grammar. For instance, there's one girl at work I can usually recognise, because she consistantly pauses briefly before she speaks any word beginning with a hard "C"  or  "K" sound. If she doesn't make that sound and pause, she sounds like anyone else rattling the tiny speaker.

Everyone else seems to always recognise everyone else on the com-system.
 :zombiefuck:

I often hear someone say something simple like, "Computers?"  Then someone presumably from the computer department will say, "Yes, go ahead Jason."   How the fuck could she tell it was him?  He immediately knew who he was talking to also.

*scratches head*
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:36:06 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #18424 on: January 22, 2009, 05:33:42 PM »
I have no problem with telephones, but I can't stand a radio in the background or a vacuum cleaner. Makes me completely nuts.  :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18425 on: January 22, 2009, 05:41:45 PM »
I think mine may be related to the typical hesitancy to make eye contact.  I have learned to USE eye contact to my advantage (I have been told that people can feel my eyes boring into them :D), but I just don't really want any fucking ear contact.

:asthing:
 :lol:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:44:11 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18426 on: January 23, 2009, 02:08:41 AM »
who would have thought that i'd try weed for the first time today? :laugh:

TheoK

« Reply #18427 on: January 23, 2009, 05:14:33 AM »
 :plus:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18428 on: January 23, 2009, 01:07:28 PM »
I *hate* phones.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18429 on: January 23, 2009, 07:47:51 PM »
who would have thought that i'd try weed for the first time today? :laugh:

Report back .  It works better at relaxing me when stressed than my benzos
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18430 on: January 25, 2009, 01:09:09 AM »

I hate being so overstimmed!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18431 on: January 25, 2009, 10:35:14 AM »
An hour should be enough to remove the bulb and realign the lamphouse.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18432 on: January 25, 2009, 03:18:49 PM »

I managed an hour and a half nap before work again. I'm getting tired now though (well, several hours ago, I began to notice how exhausted I have allowed myself to become) and my mind goes places it should not ...

I walked up to one of the girls at work who was "earning her angel wings"  dealing with a total asshole of an unreasonable customer. I was within earshot of the entire conversation and this customer found fault and bitched(!!) about every useful option the girl offred.

Once the customer stalked away in a huff, I leaned into her and said, "Don't you want to just give up on trying to help people like that? You should have said, 'Lady, if you just wanna bitch, there's a pet store two doors down!' " She snorted and laughed, but she agreed.
Next thing I know, everyone is laughing, sharing my comment and saying, "... two doors down! ... two doors down!"

This has become the mantra for the day.

Two doors down!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18433 on: January 25, 2009, 05:17:59 PM »
hoping dinner is as good as it smells
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18434 on: January 26, 2009, 08:36:49 AM »
I should probably do the other lamphouse today.

- Albert Einstein