Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 361930 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #14640 on: March 01, 2008, 06:09:54 PM »
I really hate it when I'm right, sometimes. This is turning out to be ugly. I fucking KNEW, instantly when I saw it! "THIS IS FUCKED! THIS IS NOT GOOD,"  were my thoughts. This is TOO MUCH! It goes beyond overload!

SHe should know better! she shouldfuckingknowbetter.

this is alll sounding very cryptic, I know, but it is my son's birthday and my wife went completely fucking nuts with his cake. When I came from work and first saw it, all my peripheral vision went black and all incoming sound died as it tried to enter my ears. I could only blink in slow motion, with my mouth hanging open. My eyes making scratching sensations was the first sound that began to return. I was stunned and I still had not exhaled in too long, when I finally squeaked out a very small, "Oh, damn!"

My son loves dragons and she went totally overboard building a dragon cake sculpture. It took ages for my eyes to finally begin to tear loose from it in stages, as if Velcro was holding them stuck in the scaly texture of the icing. She made him a Frost Dragon, a very special and unique creature from the folk tales of people who live in the Arctic and one of my son's favorite "dragon friends."

The cake was made in the shape of a dragon curled around itself, at rest. She took a white cake recipe to make the body and white icing for the scales and details. White chocolate was overcooked so she could pour it into hard sheets, then cut it into wings, with more details drawn in with darker chocolate. She made triangular fins that she placed down its back and as a frill around its head. Inside was strawberries, so it would bleed when slain. (this was the straw that broke the camel's back and him into tears.)

He had objected to touching it instantly. He would NOT slay it himself and did NOT want anyone else to, either. He was beginning to cry from some place deep inside and I was trying to console him when Mommy cut into it. We totally lost him when he saw the insides. Yes, he reads books about princes and kings and the slaying of evil dragons all the time, but frost dragons are his friends. I know I have had this conversation a number of times with my wife about which dragons are "angels" and which dragons are "devils."  For some reason she missed the point and made a cake of a good dragon friend to be slain.

He wouldn't eat any of it. Last I talked to him, he wanted to be left alone so he could finish having a funeral in his mind for his friend.

Of course, this all sounds really fucking EMO and maybe he doesn't identify with people all that well, but he instantly personifies certain things. He is immediately and spontaneously attached from within to certain THINGS and they ARE real. GAWD, how clearly I remember being like this as a boy.

It was only after I began to recover myself, after first seeing it that I realized that it was a frost dragon and I warned her that this is not good. She dismissed me. I should have followed my instincts and looked in on what her plans were for his dragon cake, but I didn't. Instead, I let her go completely off the deep end and out of rope range without even trying to manage her desire to overdo it and over-achieve (overstimming all of us, usually, in the process).

Honestly, I can truly appreciate what she made. It was an absolutely gorgeous, brilliantly conceived, perfectly executed cake and it should have been entered into a contest, but it was devastating to my young son's overactive imagination. He will recover quickly, though. In fact he just came out of his room and told me that it was OK if I wanted some of his cake, but he wasn't going to have any.

Anyway that's the short version of what I've been thinking for the last hour.

Why don't I follow my instincts, better.
</emo dad>

« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 06:20:27 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #14641 on: March 01, 2008, 06:20:42 PM »
Poor frost dragon.  Maybe she could make one from saltdough or something, so that it can sit somewhere as a permanent ornament.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14642 on: March 01, 2008, 06:23:57 PM »
Poor frost dragon.  Maybe she could make one from saltdough or something, so that it can sit somewhere as a permanent ornament.

Actually that's a good idea, but he will have to be involved and we will have to wait a while.

I think that Mommy was the most devastated by the whole incident. No good mum wants to make her son cry, especially not on his birthday.

:violin:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

richard

« Reply #14643 on: March 01, 2008, 06:45:21 PM »
im thinking i should have gotten more sleep erlier, and i'm looking at one of my fireagates :)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #14644 on: March 01, 2008, 06:46:37 PM »
im thinking i should have gotten more sleep erlier, and i'm looking at one of my fireagates :)

You should confess your feelings to it and stick it up your arse already.  The sexual tension is killing me.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

ozymandias

« Reply #14645 on: March 01, 2008, 07:06:08 PM »

For pity's sake, get a room already and make mad passionate vicious love to it!   :P

duncvis

« Reply #14646 on: March 01, 2008, 07:31:58 PM »

Actually that's a good idea, but he will have to be involved and we will have to wait a while.

I think that Mommy was the most devastated by the whole incident. No good mum wants to make her son cry, especially not on his birthday.

I bet she was. Peter's idea is a good one though. Gaaaah parenting :GA:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14647 on: March 01, 2008, 07:45:50 PM »
Even as an adult, I probably would be crying at the sight of a bleeding cake dragon. I get attached to things that are not real as well. A part of my mind says "don't be silly" but I can't help feeling it all the same.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 07:48:28 PM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14648 on: March 01, 2008, 07:47:37 PM »
Even as an adult, I probably would be crying at the sight of a bleeding cake dragon.

Yeah!

It was amazing, but it was just too fucking much!

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14649 on: March 01, 2008, 07:49:35 PM »
I edited my post to say more. I thought just writing the first part might come across as sarcastic. I am glad it didn't. :)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14650 on: March 01, 2008, 07:54:11 PM »

I bet she was. Peter's idea is a good one though. Gaaaah parenting :GA:

:GA:

:bunny:

Beam me up, quick before ...

:headexplode:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14651 on: March 01, 2008, 08:00:17 PM »
Even as an adult, I probably would be crying at the sight of a bleeding cake dragon. I get attached to things that are not real as well. A part of my mind says "don't be silly" but I can't help feeling it all the same.

How long have you been feeling this way and does that part of your mind have a grown-up voice or a child's voice. Lay back and tell me all about it.

</Dr. Dawg>

(That was sarcasm! :D)

Honestly, I know I have always been the same way. I also have noticed this in other kids at school on the spectrum. I wonder if this is something that needs to be explored in more detail.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14652 on: March 01, 2008, 08:07:46 PM »
I thought everyone felt this way. Oops, they don't? The feeling of attachment you describe has not really lessened as I have grown older but my awareness of that feeling is there now.

Moments that happen such as the dragon cake would make me :GA:
Tek'ma'tae

GalileoAce

« Reply #14653 on: March 01, 2008, 08:16:14 PM »
No offense here... But what was your wife thinking? She knew that Frost Dragons were your son's friends, but then made it so it would bleed when cut!? WTF? Why not, instead of a Frost Dragon, make one of the evil dragons so the son could slay it himself like a hero character...

Sorry but it seems to me that your wife, who made a fucking awesome cake, didn't think this one through properly.

I'm not sure how I would've reacted. I did anthropromorphise inanimate objects when I was a child, and still do. But a cake was food to me... But still..If Frost Dragons were an obsessional friend, I'm not sure seeing a cake version "bleed" would be a good thing, mentally.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14654 on: March 01, 2008, 08:19:32 PM »
I thought everyone felt this way. Oops, they don't? The feeling of attachment you describe has not really lessened as I have grown older but my awareness of that feeling is there now.

Moments that happen such as the dragon cake would make me :GA:

It's definitely not everyone.

I think that as we get older, our awareness of our inner selves becomes a little better and that, "Don't be silly." voice grows up a bit, too. Then we find ways to delay the impact of those incomprehensible feelings for a time when we can be in private. I know I can, but the unexplainables often gang up on me or snowball in some way.