Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 340065 times)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #11670 on: September 22, 2007, 09:26:33 PM »
I can't believe I did this. My financial aid check just cleared today ( ;D) and I bought plane tickets to visit one of my online friends next weekend. We've been wanting to meet up for a while, but we keep having barriers...so I decided to go ahead and just get them, with her approval. I must be nuts.  :laugh:

good luck with it. :)

I can't believe I did this. My financial aid check just cleared today ( ;D) and I bought plane tickets to visit one of my online friends next weekend. We've been wanting to meet up for a while, but we keep having barriers...so I decided to go ahead and just get them, with her approval. I must be nuts.  :laugh:

That's so cool Carla- hope you have a great time  ;D

That is exciting.  And brave too.  Hope you have a ball.

i'm excited, but also nervous

duncvis

« Reply #11671 on: September 23, 2007, 04:19:00 AM »
cool. hope you have fun carla. :party:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11672 on: September 23, 2007, 02:49:27 PM »
me too.  :hug:

i am thinking...

seven fucking pages.  seven !!

:bigcry:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11673 on: September 23, 2007, 02:59:10 PM »
be brave, you hear. be brave! :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11674 on: September 23, 2007, 03:01:11 PM »
be lobotomised, you hear. be lobotomised! :laugh:

fixed.  ;)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11675 on: September 23, 2007, 03:23:46 PM »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11676 on: September 23, 2007, 04:39:41 PM »

Cool!
I just saw this. I hope it turns out to be a blast.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #11677 on: September 23, 2007, 05:17:54 PM »
I wonder if its a good idea to take one of Dunc's sleeping pills.  :-\

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11678 on: September 23, 2007, 05:22:18 PM »
I should have taken less Xanax getting very fuzzy  but it's better that the meltdown that was coming :-\
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #11679 on: September 23, 2007, 05:23:22 PM »

Well over half the questions.
It was twenty pages of questions, many of them hypothetical, ten to twenty questions per page, depending on the complexity of the answer choices. I have taken several of these lately and I did not answer this one until I had read every question, in order to try to get the general drift of their philosophy. I have failed to qualify in several other cases and I suspect it was because I tried to be honest and portray my own needs and preferences in the answers.

This test, and one other whose company I have heard from, I tried to fool and it may have helped. I just don't know yet. I have only done this twice. All the rest of the personality profiles, I have answered honestly. (I just looked - I have put in nineteen applications, since June, and only two did not require any personality profiling)

Again, I may be jinxing myself. I'm sure glad I'm only lightly superstitious.

That, right there, is a huge part of it. I have been losing confidence with every smartassed twenty-something that rejected me, all the while, me knowing that I could do their bosses' jobs with no problems. I just don't get many chances to even prove that I'm smart enough to do their simple work. Fifty-ish really sucks in the job market.

:violin:

I'm not like some guy getting a job, because his dad cut off his allowance, though. It's my son's and daughter's needs that are influencing me. A kid's simple needs seem to carry more weight than a dad's barking does.

I've never heard of these personality profile tests. What kind of work are you applying for that would require something like that??

Have you found a job yet?? You're prety talented in many areas, I'd imagine you could find a job doing most anything. Are you just looking for the RIGHT job?? I know what you mean about being able to do the job of people in charge of you.... happened to me a few times in the Marines.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #11680 on: September 23, 2007, 05:24:02 PM »
I should have taken less Xanax getting very fuzzy  but it's better that the meltdown that was coming :-\

If only I could borrow some of that fuzziness.  :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11681 on: September 23, 2007, 05:42:51 PM »

If only I could borrow some of that fuzziness.  :laugh:

I'd gladly loan you some fuzzinesss if I could right know its getting bad which means tomorrow I will read the posts I make tonight for what seems the first time :P
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #11682 on: September 23, 2007, 06:37:49 PM »
cool. hope you have fun carla. :party:

thanks dunc  ;D

me too.  :hug:

thanks lucifer :hug:

Have a good time and good luck from me, QC!!!!!!!

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11683 on: September 23, 2007, 08:24:10 PM »

Cool!
I just saw this. I hope it turns out to be a blast.

thanks Dirt Dawg  ;D

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11684 on: September 23, 2007, 09:19:53 PM »
fuzziness is fun. ;D
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: