Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 368508 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #11370 on: September 07, 2007, 05:30:32 PM »
well, they're not shallow, if that's what you're implying?  :smarty:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #11371 on: September 07, 2007, 05:31:49 PM »
well, they're not shallow, if that's what you're implying?  :smarty:

I think Vivi likes DEEP thinkers...............if ya know what I mean! :eyebrows:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11372 on: September 07, 2007, 05:32:44 PM »
thinkers?

;)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11373 on: September 07, 2007, 05:34:44 PM »
The wrong fish?   The wrong fish!    After decades of work, it's the WRONG FISH?!?

This would be funny if it weren't so incredibly sad.

Biologists Trying To Save Trout From Extinction Restored Wrong Fish

A new study led by the University of Colorado at Boulder indicates biologists trying to save Colorado's native greenback cutthroat trout from extinction over the past several decades through hatchery propagation and restocking efforts have, in most cases, inadvertently restored the wrong fish.

According to a sophisticated DNA analysis, five of nine "relic" populations of what biologists believed to be greenback cutthroat trout living in isolated pockets of the state actually are Colorado River cutthroat trout, a closely related subspecies, said lead author Jessica Metcalf, a researcher in CU-Boulder's ecology and evolutionary biology department. Eggs and sperm from the trout populations have been used for the last several decades to rear new generations in hatcheries, allowing state biologists to restock parts of Colorado with what they thought were greenback cutthroats, she said.

The new study, which included sequencing and analyzing mitochondrial and nuclear DNA, showed the majority of the greenback populations had been misidentified, and that the greenback cutthroat trout range is now restricted to just 11 miles of streams in several remote areas of Colorado. The paper was published in the Aug. 28 online edition of the journal Molecular Ecology.

Oh, fuck it! It's funny. Those silly bastards!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11374 on: September 07, 2007, 05:35:55 PM »
:LMAO:

"the wrong fish" is SUCH a good phrase to chuck into conversations!  :rofl:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11375 on: September 07, 2007, 05:42:04 PM »
:LMAO:

"the wrong fish" is SUCH a good phrase to chuck into conversations!  :rofl:

Yep! That's what I thought, too. Nothing can ever be just "wrong" anymore. It will now be "the wrong fish" no matter what we're talking about.

:rofl:

I really don't know why that's so funny.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11376 on: September 07, 2007, 08:10:27 PM »
The wrong fish?   The wrong fish!    After decades of work, it's the WRONG FISH?!?

This would be funny if it weren't so incredibly sad.

Biologists Trying To Save Trout From Extinction Restored Wrong Fish

A new study led by the University of Colorado at Boulder indicates biologists trying to save Colorado's native greenback cutthroat trout from extinction over the past several decades through hatchery propagation and restocking efforts have, in most cases, inadvertently restored the wrong fish.

According to a sophisticated DNA analysis, five of nine "relic" populations of what biologists believed to be greenback cutthroat trout living in isolated pockets of the state actually are Colorado River cutthroat trout, a closely related subspecies, said lead author Jessica Metcalf, a researcher in CU-Boulder's ecology and evolutionary biology department. Eggs and sperm from the trout populations have been used for the last several decades to rear new generations in hatcheries, allowing state biologists to restock parts of Colorado with what they thought were greenback cutthroats, she said.

The new study, which included sequencing and analyzing mitochondrial and nuclear DNA, showed the majority of the greenback populations had been misidentified, and that the greenback cutthroat trout range is now restricted to just 11 miles of streams in several remote areas of Colorado. The paper was published in the Aug. 28 online edition of the journal Molecular Ecology.

Oh, fuck it! It's funny. Those silly bastards!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :plus:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11377 on: September 08, 2007, 12:51:24 AM »
I just got up to refresh a cooling cup of coffee and empty a full bladdder, but I hit some kind of auto pilot wave or something and went to the toilet and dumped my half cup in the bowl. I stoppped myself before I pissed in my coffee pot, though.
 ::)
:laugh:
I have once poured milk into the kitchen bin.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11378 on: September 08, 2007, 12:54:51 AM »
 :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #11379 on: September 08, 2007, 01:22:11 AM »
Is brunch at a nice resturant really worth having to socialize with elderly out of town relatives?  I'm probably going to have to put on a dress and stuff too.  Hmm...

GalileoAce

« Reply #11380 on: September 08, 2007, 04:52:14 AM »
I have all this stuff; movies, tv shows, video games, books...And I'm bored!? What the fuck!?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #11381 on: September 08, 2007, 04:55:18 AM »
I have all this stuff; movies, tv shows, video games, books...And I'm bored!? What the fuck!?
I hate it when that happens, although with me what happens more often is that I spend so long of any alone time I get trying to decide how best to use it that I've wasted half of it before I know it.

ozymandias

« Reply #11382 on: September 08, 2007, 05:54:32 AM »
I hate it when that happens, although with me what happens more often is that I spend so long of any alone time I get trying to decide how best to use it that I've wasted half of it before I know it.

OY, been there, felt that! :-[

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11383 on: September 08, 2007, 06:23:19 AM »
Wow, I was kind of on crack yesterday.  Three hours of sleep is NOT enough.  Lucky I got eight hours last night.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11384 on: September 08, 2007, 10:23:24 AM »

Just start doing something productive as if you have to, and maybe what you want to do will come to you.  :laugh: