Educational

Author Topic: Sept 11 families  (Read 3534 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Sept 11 families
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2007, 09:19:28 PM »
i love Armin Van Buuren.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2007, 11:29:39 PM »
The most striking thing to me about 9/11 is that, regardless of what people say about the Middle East and our support of Israel or whatever, it came out of left field. There are massacres in other parts of the world and dictators like Saddam Hussein that gast heir own people or whatever but they are results of established international conflicts or internal, civil conflicts. What did they say was his motivation for 9/11? That we sent in troops to protect Saudi Arabia during Desert Shield or whatever? It's pretty surreal, if you think about it. What do these two things have to do with each other?

war is about oil, gold, money, squirrelskins...

Duh hur hur hur BRILLIANT STATEMENT
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2007, 01:00:45 AM »
The most striking thing to me about 9/11 is that, regardless of what people say about the Middle East and our support of Israel or whatever, it came out of left field. There are massacres in other parts of the world and dictators like Saddam Hussein that gast heir own people or whatever but they are results of established international conflicts or internal, civil conflicts. What did they say was his motivation for 9/11? That we sent in troops to protect Saudi Arabia during Desert Shield or whatever? It's pretty surreal, if you think about it. What do these two things have to do with each other?

WTF are you talking about?   9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq, it had everything to do with Al Queda and their agenda for the return of Palestine.   That is what Osama claimed when he also claimed responsiblity for the attacks.   They basically are all about killing us white devils who took some of their holy land and gave it to the Jews.    Desert Shield was all about Kuwait not Saudi Arabia.   Britain and the US sold chemical weapons to Saddam in the 80s which he used against the Kurds and somewhat against Iran (we were hoping he would use them all on Iran).   The Iraq invasion was due to the US thinking that Saddam still had some of these weapons left and was manufacturing new ones (obviously a bad assumption).   Bad intelligence and lies ftl.   The oil pumped thus far in Iraq post invasion and during the occupation has been sold to companies world wide at the going price and not discounted to the US or Britain.   Desert Fox (Clinton) and Shield were similar only in the chemical weapons respect.   Shield was more about freeing Kuwait because Iraq invaded it lol.   Dictators all over the world don't launch SCUD missles at Tel Aviv to kill Jews, Saddam sure has and the US feared he would give such weapons to terrorists.   Basically a twitch overreaction that has been taken WAY too far.   I am all about killing Uday though, any guy who rapes women and puts their husbands in Iron Maidens definitely deserves death.

Katrina victims got fucked pretty bad, though most natural disaster victims usually don't fare well (the ones from Andrew and Hugo were fairly fucked just not as many people involved).   There are a good portion of the Katrina survivors that moved here and they have started a rash of crime lately.   Many former New Orleans residents have been popping up on the news here involved in crime.   A few friends of mine which I played FFXI with got their shit utterly destroyed.   Although a crapload of money has been spent trying to help, it will never be enough.   The area is a fucking bayou lol. 
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline maldoror

• Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2007, 01:10:55 AM »

WTF are you talking about?   9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq, it had everything to do with Al Queda and their agenda for the return of Palestine.   That is what Osama claimed when he also claimed responsiblity for the attacks.   They basically are all about killing us white devils who took some of their holy land and gave it to the Jews.    Desert Shield was all about Kuwait not Saudi Arabia.   Britain and the US sold chemical weapons to Saddam in the 80s which he used against the Kurds and somewhat against Iran (we were hoping he would use them all on Iran).   The Iraq invasion was due to the US thinking that Saddam still had some of these weapons left and was manufacturing new ones (obviously a bad assumption).   Bad intelligence and lies ftl.   The oil pumped thus far in Iraq post invasion and during the occupation has been sold to companies world wide at the going price and not discounted to the US or Britain.   Desert Fox (Clinton) and Shield were similar only in the chemical weapons respect.   Shield was more about freeing Kuwait because Iraq invaded it lol.   Dictators all over the world don't launch SCUD missles at Tel Aviv to kill Jews, Saddam sure has and the US feared he would give such weapons to terrorists.   Basically a twitch overreaction that has been taken WAY too far.   I am all about killing Uday though, any guy who rapes women and puts their husbands in Iron Maidens definitely deserves death.

Katrina victims got fucked pretty bad, though most natural disaster victims usually don't fare well (the ones from Andrew and Hugo were fairly fucked just not as many people involved).   There are a good portion of the Katrina survivors that moved here and they have started a rash of crime lately.   Many former New Orleans residents have been popping up on the news here involved in crime.   A few friends of mine which I played FFXI with got their shit utterly destroyed.   Although a crapload of money has been spent trying to help, it will never be enough.   The area is a fucking bayou lol. 

Um, no? I stopped reading after you said that Desert Shield was "about Kuwait and not Saudi Arabia." Not that there wasn't stuff before that that pissed me off, but whatever. Might wanna wiki up some info there, dude...
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2007, 01:38:53 AM »
Wikipedia is often wrong, I would say in this case it was if you think it was all about defending Saudi Arabia (was just as much about defending Israel).   Saddam invaded Kuwait first and that is what caused the UN to act.   Desert Storm and Desert Shield are both part of the Gulf War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War

Oh shit the whole reason it developed was due to the Invasion of Kuwait according to Wiki.  The reason why the UN sanctioned it was due to the notion of liberating Kuwait.   While they were trying to prevent an invasion of Saudi Arabia, the whole reason why they went there was due to Iraq basically annexing Kuwait.   We didn't have enough troops at the start to prevent an Iraq invasion of Saudi Arabia, we were concentrating on Kuwait.   Also stopping Saddam from firing SCUDs into Tel Aviv was equal if not more important to the US than protecting the Saudis (though the threat to them was closer technically).   

Offline maldoror

• Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2007, 01:43:53 AM »
Yeah dude. Those fucking jews clogged up my toilet the other day, too. I knew they were no fucking good. I'm sure it was them.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2007, 01:49:38 AM »
Yeah dude. Those fucking jews clogged up my toilet the other day, too. I knew they were no fucking good. I'm sure it was them.

Huh?  They can't help that they were getting missles fired upon them by Saddam.  It is pretty popular in Muslim nations to hate on the Jewish state of Israel.   That is why Hezbollah and Al Queda exist primarily lol.   What do you mean by you are sure it is the Jews anyways?   The US caring more about Israel than Saudi Arabia should be of no surprise.   That was some decent tasting sarcasm btw.

We only care about Saudi Arabia's oil in my opinion.   Once those fuckers run out of oil or we finally find an suitable and cheap alternative fuel source... we won't give a fuck about them.   Osama's family is the richest family in the world and all of their money comes from oil.   30% or so of the oil sold in the US comes from Saudi Arabia last I read.   So every 10 dollars I spend on gas 3 go towards Osama's family.   Makes me feel great, really.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2007, 09:29:29 AM »
Today is Sept. 11, 2007; six years has passed since then. Let Us all have a moment of silence please. Remember many died this day.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2007, 09:58:45 AM »
if we had a moment of silence for all dead people, we couldn't talk at all.

why not celebrate the living instead and try to make the world more peaceful in our own lives?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2007, 10:41:15 AM »
if we had a moment of silence for all dead people, we couldn't talk at all.

why not celebrate the living instead and try to make the world more peaceful in our own lives?
You maybe right but if We don't remember then We forget. They become martyrs for Us All to yet learn to Live in a Peaceful World in the end.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2007, 11:12:59 AM »
maybe you're right there too.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2007, 11:17:07 AM »
We are both right. Just have different ways to approach it.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2007, 11:36:46 AM »
Remembering is important but moving on is also.  It's good to remember but bad to dwell in the past thinking of all the things that could have been when we should be working toward the future.  I have no problems with memorial services but I don't want to turn my entire life into one.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2007, 12:08:38 PM »
Maybe we should start a thread on what we were doing at the time when this event occured and how it effected us or if we were effected and if we lost anyone in the terrorism; friends, family, relatives, people we knew.

Richard would probably call us all a liar  :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2007, 12:27:40 PM »
Maybe we should start a thread on what we were doing at the time when this event occured and how it effected us or if we were effected and if we lost anyone in the terrorism; friends, family, relatives, people we knew.

That's a good idea.  I took my daughter to kindergarten and it was one of my volunteer days to stay and help the teacher.  I had not even seen the news yet that morning and she told me what had happened.  I asked her if she was joking.  I did not really think that she would joke about something like that, I just had trouble believing it at first.

I think it would be nice to remember the people killed by doing something nice for someone who is alive now.