Author Topic: Ask ozymandias.......................if you've nothing better to do!  (Read 11504 times)

ozymandias

Re: Ask ozymandias.......................if you've nothing better to do!
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2007, 10:30:49 AM »
Thanks Callaway, I'll have Carla check it out!  Fortunately, Amber's cramps are not that bad......yet.  But, It's always good to have something in reserve! 8)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2007, 05:15:28 AM »
^and the poetry  ;)

That too, and I'm not that much into poetry.  It's one of those things where a poem has to hit me just right!

And that too. I was kind of saying you were being poetic in your description of Autumn.

Yeah there are a few poems I'm glad I remember!

I'v written one poem in my life, but, my wife and daughter are quite the poets in their own right.  My wife posts a number of them on the DeviantArt Forum and my daughter has actually won a contest with one of hers.    This one.

"Indigo Sky"

The Indigo sky
and the red-orange moon
on scarlet rocks does
the wolf slightly loom
memories of the hunt
fills the Indigo gloom
the Indigo sky
and the red-orange moon.

that's beautiful! :plus:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

ozymandias

« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2007, 07:09:59 AM »
Amber has quite an artistic vision.  8)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2007, 05:37:37 AM »
of course. 8)
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2007, 01:29:36 PM »
So I was reading about memory, the term scotophobin came up, do you have any new information about that?

Damn psych book, not challenging enough, and to boot, its copyright is 1980's
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2007, 01:51:44 PM »
So I was reading about memory, the term scotophobin came up, do you have any new information about that?

Here's a definition, if that helps, Randy:

sco·to·pho·bin (skōt′ə fō′bin)

noun

a peptide produced in the brain of laboratory rats conditioned to have a fear of darkness: it is claimed that such a fear may be transferred to unconditioned rats by injection of the peptide, thus providing evidence for the theory that memory has a chemical basis

ozymandias

« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2007, 03:01:54 PM »

Here's a definition, if that helps, Randy:

sco·to·pho·bin (skōt′ə fō′bin)

noun

a peptide produced in the brain of laboratory rats conditioned to have a fear of darkness: it is claimed that such a fear may be transferred to unconditioned rats by injection of the peptide, thus providing evidence for the theory that memory has a chemical basis

Thanks Callaway, I didn't have the info and couldn't have answered the question.  Besides, it's also out of my scope of interests.   8)

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2008, 02:42:58 PM »
Callaway, thanks, but I knew that part, I just wanted some current info.  Ozy, that was by no means an attack on you.  ;D
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2008, 04:58:16 PM »
Did you break December snowfall records and if so how far back do you have to go to beat it?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #204 on: January 05, 2008, 06:19:44 PM »
Did you break December snowfall records and if so how far back do you have to go to beat it?

Actually, in Conway NH, it was their third highest snowfall dating back to when records began 37+ inches.  The town where I live doesn't keep track and so we go by the Portland ME forecasters.  They recorded 3 feet of snow along the coast and broke the record.  SO for our area, it's all muddled, I personally recorded 37+ inches on our property and thats our record since we moved here 12 years ago.  Also our driveway got plowed 8 times which is our record for any month of the winter.

We live in a tweener zone between the coast and the mountains.  If my memory serves me correctly, weather records around here date back to the 1870's.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #205 on: January 05, 2008, 07:04:25 PM »
I almost moved to Maine when I was first married.  We used to go to my wifes grandmothers house in Limerick every summer sometimes three of four times I miss it she sold the house and lives in Portsmouth NH now  in a grannyhome :(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2008, 07:16:19 PM »
When I was Home Health Nursing I used to take care of client in Limerick.  Portsmouth was a place I spent a lot of time in, when I was at UNH.  Some really nice pubs and restaurants!!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2008, 07:35:48 PM »
OK I have been trying to reference this anywhere.
What is this "centipedes in the vagina" expression and where did it come from?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #208 on: January 05, 2008, 08:27:22 PM »

I'm not Ozymandias, but Encyclopedia Dramatica, maybe?

ozymandias

« Reply #209 on: January 05, 2008, 09:30:01 PM »

Seriously, damned if I know!!   ???  It cropped up on this board sometime ago and it makes absolutely NO fucking sense to me.  I'm as much in the dark as you are!!  And  I can't say as the link that Callaway provided made it any clearer. 

A few guesses from my perspective, it either refers to a peculiar sensation women feel in regard to periods,, sexual sensations or the discomfort from one helluva yeast infection or STD.

Somethings I hear............well, I don't want to know!   :P