Author Topic: GA and renaeden hate each other.  (Read 1724 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: GA and renaeden hate each other.
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2007, 10:00:12 AM »
But there's a big crack on the other side? Two posters?
one of spock, one of kirk.  i always thought that kirk was gay, so i would put him in the closet.  :laugh:

LOL! :lol:
That made me laugh out loud!
get her laughing then you two can calm a bit.

you calm now?

THAT is stellar advice, though hard to do when you're both livid.
I always used to try to do this, but it always back-fired.  She'd get mad that I was joking about something she considered important.
recently i have learned that it is all in the delivery.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2007, 10:03:25 AM »
I must be in the minority then - if I'm pissed off about something and my S.O. tries to distract me by making me laugh, it only pisses me off more. If I even get the joke.

Maybe because if I'm laughing, then they assume everything's ok and the thing I'm pissed off about never gets resolved.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2007, 10:06:12 AM »
I must be in the minority then - if I'm pissed off about something and my S.O. tries to distract me by making me laugh, it only pisses me off more. If I even get the joke.

Maybe because if I'm laughing, then they assume everything's ok and the thing I'm pissed off about never gets resolved.
resolution?

how about resolve to admit that you were pissed off but not it is but a memory.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2007, 10:09:13 AM »
resolution?

???
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2007, 10:25:50 AM »
Angered and frustrated and put my fist throw the pantry door. Literally, I hit the door so hard that I severely cracked the far side of it.

The front of the pantry door.

And the back of it.

Do they make real doors over there?  The ones in this house are 3.5cm thick solid wood.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2007, 10:40:03 AM »
Soon after she gave me tissues and we had sexless make up sex :P

Tell us about this sexless sex.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2007, 10:55:01 AM »
I guess I am going to have to learn this over again.

:plus: to all of You.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2007, 11:36:14 AM »
resolution?

???
do you need resolution even after trivial fights?
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2007, 11:45:41 AM »
Not in the same way. But I wouldn't consider a fight that led to breaking glass and punching through doors trivial. The worst fights I've gotten into with S.O.'s have only gotten to raised voices and threatening to leave. Though I also have a tendency to go for emotionally constrained people, so even raised voices is a big deal in comparison to the norm.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2007, 11:49:53 AM »
Oh, it would initially piss me off no matter what (has when it's happened in family fights), but I tend to stay pissed even when the issue has been resolved, so it's not just delivery, it's timing.  Trying to derail the argument/issue at hand is dumb; trying to defuse a situation is a good idea.  If it was ultimately to break lingering/unnecessary tension and/or as a peace offering, I don't think I'd wind up being mad about that for very long.  Then again, maybe it's just that I have also been met with unresponsive/stony silence in fights with a few people, and that drives me up a fucking tree, (plus it is very unlikely to get silence in return if I'm so pissed I'm not able to keep myself from making the situation/silence worse) so throwing humor in there is at the very least a lesser evil- at least then I have some idea of what the other person is thinking/feeling.  If they decide to go into Standby mode, I wind up with no idea of how I can defuse.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2007, 11:50:10 AM »
i go nuts like that. mom had the wrong channel on when we were waiting for Heroes and it had already begun when she flipped to BBC2, it was just a few seconds but i went nuts and screamed my ass off and we didn't watch it until the next day's rerun. ::)

i have something that is so ready to explode in me and before i know it i am yelling so loud the man on the moon can hear me. i wonder how i could fix that.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2007, 11:50:31 AM »
Not in the same way. But I wouldn't consider a fight that led to breaking glass and punching through doors trivial. The worst fights I've gotten into with S.O.'s have only gotten to raised voices and threatening to leave. Though I also have a tendency to go for emotionally constrained people, so even raised voices is a big deal in comparison to the norm.
some people express their anger in different ways than you or i.  when i am really angry i am cool, calm and collecten.  when i am slightly irked i may throw a tantrum or things.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2007, 11:52:19 AM »
Oh, it would initially piss me off no matter what (has when it's happened in family fights), but I tend to stay pissed even when the issue has been resolved, so it's not just delivery, it's timing.  Trying to derail the argument/issue at hand is dumb; trying to defuse a situation is a good idea.  If it was ultimately to break lingering/unnecessary tension and/or as a peace offering, I don't think I'd wind up being mad about that for very long.  Then again, maybe it's just that I have also been met with unresponsive/stony silence in fights with a few people, and that drives me up a fucking tree, (plus it is very unlikely to get silence in return if I'm so pissed I'm not able to keep myself from making the situation/silence worse) so throwing humor in there is at the very least a lesser evil- at least then I have some idea of what the other person is thinking/feeling.  If they decide to go into Standby mode, I wind up with no idea of how I can defuse.
i would agree with the timing.

if the fight is with a guy we just like to pound it out.  but sometimes with women they need some space to cool off.  and immediate resolution is not a good idea.  i suggest when dealing with females to let them stew in their own guilt for a bit, then approach them about resolution.

ha!
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2007, 11:57:36 AM »
some people express their anger in different ways than you or i.  when i am really angry i am cool, calm and collecten.  when i am slightly irked i may throw a tantrum or things.

Fair point. I found it interesting that even though GA and renaeden were breaking things, they stopped short of doing permanent property damage to things seriously valuable to each other. Maybe it was less of a big deal than it struck me as at first glance.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2007, 12:02:35 PM »
when i'm really mad i might throw a pen. i never touch anything of importance to myself or someone else. and i can't stay mad long, it all comes out in the explosion. i think it's healthier to just blow up and purge all the crap and then you're clean and empty. instead of dwelling in the anger for longer. but it's not good for my mom's nerves though.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: