Author Topic: My appology "Bipolar"  (Read 6211 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: My appology "Bipolar"
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2007, 02:45:15 PM »
his NOT taking abilify has some nasty side effects, too. ::)
It depends on how he wants to lead his life. The drug changes his character, whether or not he sees it as for the better or not is his decision, and his alone.

of course it's his decision. somehow i think his family will disagree with you on this, though.
Given what he says about his family, I think he is the more sane one out of the lot. Asides, he is an adult now.

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2007, 02:52:05 PM »
It depends on how he wants to lead his life. The drug changes his character, whether or not he sees it as for the better or not is his decision, and his alone.

of course it's his decision. somehow i think his family will disagree with you on this, though.
Given what he says about his family, I think he is the more sane one out of the lot. Asides, he is an adult now.

Yes, it's his decision and his responsibility to do what's best for him.  No one here is forcing him to do anything (even if we could).  At the same time, it's often easier for others to see changes in a person that they themselves may not be aware of.  We live with ourselves every day and gradual changes are easy to miss.

Again, I'm not aware of the whole history.  At this point, I'm largely just curious what his reasoning is for his anti-abilify stance.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2007, 03:03:38 PM »
well, flo believes he used to be hfa but is cured now (although at least two professionals in the field disagree with him). he doesn't think he is bipolar but agrees he's sometimes psychotic.

remember, we only know what he tells us. plus, we know the type of posts he makes, and how they changed when he actually took the meds he was prescribed.

my guess is that his family's version differs from his.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2007, 03:27:30 PM »

If he were a member of my family, I would be very worried about him.

He lost his last job and I don't know how he affords to buy food, let alone all these nutritional supplements he takes in massive quantities.  They are drugs if taken in these quantities, even if they are not regulated as such and just because they are not regulated does not imply that they don't have side effects.

If the room mates he was cleaning up for moved in with him, then maybe he can pay the rent and utilities.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2007, 03:38:05 PM »

He lost his last job and I don't know how he affords to buy food, let alone all these nutritional supplements he takes in massive quantities.  They are drugs if taken in these quantities, even if they are not regulated as such and just because they are not regulated does not imply that they don't have side effects.

If the room mates he was cleaning up for moved in with him, then maybe he can pay the rent and utilities.
I would guess benefits, plus incapacity would be funding him enough to pay the bills. I know in the UK I could spunge quite comfortably if it came to it, they are certainly paying me a riduclous amount DLA and other grants. As for his drugs, I hope the herbology manual is accurate is all I can say. Most families would be worried I agree, but I think Flo has a very dysfunctional one, given what he says in his posts.

Offline mordok

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2007, 03:44:13 PM »
I hope the herbology manual is accurate is all I can say.

I would like to add, that 9 grams of chollera is alot.  The label said 3 grams, and go up slowly if need to.  I took the 9 gram does right away.  I added alfalfa, another supergreen food to that, like 10 grams.  That is also alot!  Stimulation!  oh yeah!

Right or not, he admits to going well beyond the guidelines.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2007, 03:45:53 PM »

I would guess benefits, plus incapacity would be funding him enough to pay the bills. I know in the UK I could spunge quite comfortably if it came to it, they are certainly paying me a riduclous amount DLA and other grants. As for his drugs, I hope the herbology manual is accurate is all I can say. Most families would be worried I agree, but I think Flo has a very dysfunctional one, given what he says in his posts.
I think We going to have wait until He worse again and it will happen sooner or later I believe.
Guardian of the Empire

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2007, 03:51:49 PM »

I would like to add, that 9 grams of chollera is alot.  The label said 3 grams, and go up slowly if need to.  I took the 9 gram does right away.  I added alfalfa, another supergreen food to that, like 10 grams.  That is also alot!  Stimulation!  oh yeah!

He could be showing off. If we knew what he meant by chollera then we could check.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2007, 03:54:50 PM »

He could be showing off. If we knew what he meant by chollera then we could check.
He does like to show off His Knowledge He has about herbs and supplements.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline mordok

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2007, 04:02:55 PM »
Based on his descriptions, it would seem that he is referring to chlorella.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorella

I'm way too far from being a nutritional expert to go much farther in researching it, though.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2007, 04:08:15 PM »
Based on his descriptions, it would seem that he is referring to chlorella.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorella

I'm way too far from being a nutritional expert to go much farther in researching it, though.
I think he is BSing:
http://www.elixirhealth.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=1090
It says 6 * 3g tablets a day.

Offline mordok

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2007, 04:11:27 PM »

I think he is BSing:

http://www.mercola.com/chlorella/dosing.htm

And here it says otherwise.  Basically, it's all a guess and who knows what effects it may be having.  It might even be a placebo effect.  It's still a marked difference from before.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2007, 04:18:23 PM »

I think he is BSing:

http://www.mercola.com/chlorella/dosing.htm

And here it says otherwise.  Basically, it's all a guess and who knows what effects it may be having.  It might even be a placebo effect.  It's still a marked difference from before.
If thats true he must be pretty physically sick. I hope he knows what he is doing.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2007, 04:39:26 PM »
Well, on a personal level i know nothing about him, except for what he chooses to post here.
I've had virtually no interaction with him, but enjoy reading some of his posts.
I can't make head nor tail of a lot of it, but i actually think he is quite talented.

Obviously i am quite high at the moment, and since i am in confessional mode i will say sometimes i have thought that richardbenson has moments of comic genius. Maybe i like to see the good in people, or am quite delusional myself. I don't know  ???

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2007, 04:42:31 PM »
Well, on a personal level i know nothing about him, except for what he chooses to post here.
I've had virtually no interaction with him, but enjoy reading some of his posts.
I can't make head nor tail of a lot of it, but i actually think he is quite talented.

Obviously i am quite high at the moment, and since i am in confessional mode i will say sometimes i have thought that richardbenson has moments of comic genius. Maybe i like to see the good in people, or am quite delusional myself. I don't know  ???
I agree with you, asides the being able to make head or tail of it bit.