Educational

Author Topic: Theory of Mind thread  (Read 10305 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Theory of Mind thread
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2007, 01:12:35 AM »
i can show you some pretty fucked up shit from the bible.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2007, 01:25:17 AM »
yada, yada, yada.  we all know there's shitloads wrong with organised religions, especially when the fundies get going.  my point about defending various groups is that lumping "all muslims", "all christians", "all men", "all black people", etc., etc, together is not only bigoted, as one then makes sweeping generalisations about what are, practically by default, extremely heterogenous groups, which i would call bigotry.

yes, people do hideous things in the name of islam, as they do in the name of christianity, hinduism, communism, fascism, new labour, so-called contemporary R&B, and about a squizillion more.  i don't defend any of that, but i do defend a disparate group of people from attacks by those who don't actually know what they're talking about, have no real experience of the bigger picture, and are closed-minded about the whole thing (i.e. bigots).

as far as islam is concerned, muslims just happen to be the latest in a long line of scapegoats, and the danger with scapegoating is, obviously, that those doing the scapegoating don't bother to look at themselves to see where their own responsibilities lie, for whatever wrongs they're blaming the others for.  of course islamic terrorists are a bunch of dangerous, fanatical wankers.  but it's lazy and irresponsible to blame them for everything wrong with the world today.

might help if you'd actually read some of my other posts on the subject properly, hadron, as i'm sure i've said this several times before.  ::)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2007, 01:44:51 AM »
that would require him to form an informed opinion, and we know how likely that is. ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #228 on: September 04, 2007, 05:08:26 AM »
losts of any people are bigoted. what's your fucking point, little boy?
My point is that Lucifer is a hypocrite. She has attacked bigotry and then goes on to defend a group that is probably equally as bigoted as the BNP, if not more so. And what scraps just said.

you attack a whole religion but think others are bigoted?
I am not the one who is defending and attacking bigotory at the same time. Asides a religion is a set of views that people choose to follow, and they can take responsiblity for assigning themselves to that group, equally as much as if someone joins the BNP they can be labelled. Exactly the same thing, except one just happens to be called a religion and apparently makes it ok.
I said lots of muslims are bigoted, not Islam itself (though there is probably plenty of proof in there). The teachings of the religious leaders are equally as important as the actual religious books. The stoning to death of women is in the application of Sharia law. And no I havent got tradition mixed up with religion, although there are plenty of court cases made by muslims who want to wear their wonderful full veils and the like, unfortuantly human rights prevent us to shipping them off to a country more suited to their ideas and bullshit.

this is what you actually said:

even if it is one of the most bigoted religions in the planet

seems clear to me you meant the *religion*. now, let's hear you blame someone or something. bigot.
Attacking a religion doesnt make someone a bigot, see above.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #229 on: September 04, 2007, 05:10:23 AM »
My point is that Lucifer is a hypocrite. She has attacked bigotry and then goes on to defend a group that is probably equally as bigoted as the BNP, if not more so. And what scraps just said.

did she defend biggoted muslims or muslims in general?

do you have this much passionate rage against christians as well? do you lump them all together and call them biggots?
Christians are not trying to monoplise our country and convert it into a fundermentalist state.

yes they are you nitwit. have you seen president bush? ::) if he could get his hands on the rest of the world... and to an extent he does... he would try to convert and coerce you and me just like all of america. he is a fundie, just like osama bin fucking laden and saddam fucking hussein. he preaches "good christian values" but to him those are oil and war and oppression and censorship.
Is Bush trying to spread fundermentalist Christianity to the UK. I didnt think so. Asides him and his friends dont make up the vast majority of Christians, where as with Islam its a massive proportion, all you have to do is turn on your TV to see it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #230 on: September 04, 2007, 05:14:03 AM »
yada, yada, yada.  we all know there's shitloads wrong with organised religions, especially when the fundies get going.  my point about defending various groups is that lumping "all muslims", "all christians", "all men", "all black people", etc., etc, together is not only bigoted, as one then makes sweeping generalisations about what are, practically by default, extremely heterogenous groups, which i would call bigotry.

yes, people do hideous things in the name of islam, as they do in the name of christianity, hinduism, communism, fascism, new labour, so-called contemporary R&B, and about a squizillion more.  i don't defend any of that, but i do defend a disparate group of people from attacks by those who don't actually know what they're talking about, have no real experience of the bigger picture, and are closed-minded about the whole thing (i.e. bigots).

as far as islam is concerned, muslims just happen to be the latest in a long line of scapegoats, and the danger with scapegoating is, obviously, that those doing the scapegoating don't bother to look at themselves to see where their own responsibilities lie, for whatever wrongs they're blaming the others for.  of course islamic terrorists are a bunch of dangerous, fanatical wankers.  but it's lazy and irresponsible to blame them for everything wrong with the world today.

might help if you'd actually read some of my other posts on the subject properly, hadron, as i'm sure i've said this several times before.  ::)

Thank you for taking the time to attempt to define something that is instinctual in many peoples thoughts, although, I'm afraid that the only hearing ears already understand this.

I just gave you a positive karma point.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2007, 05:38:02 AM »

you attack a whole religion but think others are bigoted?

I'd attack almost any religion. MOST seem pretty bigoted,
to me. Nationalities too.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #232 on: September 04, 2007, 05:42:18 AM »
As to Islam, I have a theory, having to do
with the age of religions. That certain types
seem to go through periods of extreme hatred.
Islam and Christianity are pretty damned similar,
but Islam is some 500 years behind. Puts them
at right about the time when the Christians were
'converting' the new world, and Beginning what
may have been the worst period of internal strife.

I'd suspect that Islam is due for another fragmentation.

The_P

« Reply #233 on: September 04, 2007, 05:45:21 AM »
You know you miss the army barracks, taking it up the ass from your Sergeant like the good little choir boy you are.

I wasn't in the Army dumbass!!  :P

Ooooh, I forget. You were locked up in some closet on a U.S. Marine battleship, masturbating with great satisfaction at your naked comrades trying to get dressed, but they were disturbed by the queer grunting and moaning by yours truly.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #234 on: September 04, 2007, 05:45:57 AM »
Marines have their own battleships?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #235 on: September 04, 2007, 05:46:08 AM »

I am making judgements on a collective choice that people have made, and I am sure you would agree with me in saying that people should be held in account for their actions. Just as you are sweepingly attacking people for being a member of the BNP.

As for my research, I have more than done it. Yes there are some muslims who have opened their eyes and modernised, but they are few and far between, the ones who have realised half the religion is not acceptatable in the modern era. Its the ones who follow the mainstream ideas are the problem, given what is said in the Koran. If you take the terrorists aside, there is still a big big problem. Muslims in the UK have made themselves scapegoats through their own actions over the last 5-6 years.

Ditto.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #236 on: September 04, 2007, 05:47:00 AM »
Islam and Christianity are exactly the same. Just changed the names of the mesompotanian and Sumerian legends which went back 3000 years before the Mohammed/Jesus character of the aforesaid religions.
From the times of Babylonia, exported to the new world by lineage which are now top level freemasons.
This is also why there is much dispute in the middle-east. The descendants of Babylonia which have now populated the Americas wish to reclaim their land.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #237 on: September 04, 2007, 05:49:03 AM »
There are some differences in the teachings.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #238 on: September 04, 2007, 05:50:50 AM »
different people require different methodology in the constructs of the control system.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #239 on: September 04, 2007, 06:24:07 AM »
different people require different methodology in the constructs of the control system.

*snickers*
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.