Educational

Author Topic: Should I swallow my pride  (Read 1317 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Should I swallow my pride
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2007, 07:22:44 AM »
Mc Toejam, please!

Thanks everyone else for your advice. Kinda puts me off though, you can meet crazy people through Message boards and chats too though.
And IRL.  People can suck no matter where/how you meet them.  I was talking with a friend about this yesterday and I think if you take the right precautions it can be an almomst even tradeoff.  On the one hand, the person on the net might not be who they say they are; on the other, the same may be true to some extent to someone you meet IRL.  Further, the dating sites usually have info about the other person posted right up front; meeting up IRL, you don't get much info beyond looks before you talk to the person.

no, PMS, you did not offend me.

Shit, I gotta try harder.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 01:55:46 PM »
If you are desperate for a relationship, then go for it. I started online when I was 20 but never registered to any dating sites but only one. I realized if I can’t meet men in real life because of my shyness, then I will do it through the internet because I do better on there. Then I meet them in real life but if they make me uncomfortable online or freak me out, I don’t meet them. There is this one guy here in Portland I met online on the dating site and I decided I don’t want to meet him because he is always talking about wanting to have sex with me and keeps asking me “why not?” when I say “no” and he says “Don’t you want to make daddy happy?”
So I think that is all he is after and who knows what he will try to do to me if I was naïve enough to actually meet him. Maybe I should go ahead and meet him and bring my boyfriend with and watch them fight using words since he has told me he would nail him if he did anything to hurt me.   :laugh:

Italics where I was kidding.

that guy sounds freaky. don't meet him Spokie.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2008, 05:19:01 AM »
Oh well I registered at one anyway.

You can weed out all the angry ones pretty quickly.

Sophgay

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2008, 06:07:37 AM »
i am on one

i'm not sure why, but i go on it anyway lol

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2008, 06:21:32 AM »
i am on one

i'm not sure why, but i go on it anyway lol

It's just something to do I guess. Not a bad time waster.

Sophgay

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2008, 06:22:37 AM »
Yeah I go on it a lot when I'm bored

Flake/Shleed made a fake profile of me on there, with edited pictures of me lol, and it keeps coming up as a "match" for me :(

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2008, 06:25:07 AM »
i've done it, several times, and it worked for me.  just be careful, cos they attract nutters - tesla's advice is perfect.  and don't publish any revealing photos.

If you're worried that a pic might be too revealing, post it here and we'll give our opinions on it.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2008, 06:25:38 AM »

What are they angry about?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2008, 08:02:51 AM »
i've done it, several times, and it worked for me.  just be careful, cos they attract nutters - tesla's advice is perfect.  and don't publish any revealing photos.

If you're worried that a pic might be too revealing, post it here and we'll give our opinions on it.
yeah, and be sure to post the most revealing first

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2008, 08:37:28 AM »

yeah, and be sure to post the most revealing first
:agreed:
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2008, 09:22:57 AM »

Angry men or angry sites?

Get hit on by anyone half-interesting yet?  (You're female, so I'm making the assumption you've gotten hit on.  :P)
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2008, 09:24:45 AM »
I don't know why there would be especially angry people on dating sites.   Frustrated men that have no love life maybe?

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2008, 02:14:28 PM »

Angry men or angry sites?

Get hit on by anyone half-interesting yet?  (You're female, so I'm making the assumption you've gotten hit on.  :P)

Angry men. Lets just say I suck at replying and it gets taken the wrong way. But most people just don't interest me and I don't have time to write that out all the time.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2008, 04:06:09 PM »
You do a good deal of ignoring online because you can't be bothered?  Most people don't interest you as friends casually?   I can understand why most wouldn't romantically interest you, as there is more involved.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2008, 09:15:44 PM »
You do a good deal of ignoring online because you can't be bothered?  Most people don't interest you as friends casually?   I can understand why most wouldn't romantically interest you, as there is more involved.

To be honest, meeting someone off the net is one of the most awkward things i've ever had to do. If I'm going to keep doing it, I want to make sure it's worth it first.