Author Topic: confronting other people's kids  (Read 1389 times)

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
Re: confronting other people's kids
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 11:04:37 PM »
Hmm, maybe talking them wouldn't be the best idea, then, since no one seems to agree. I was a pretty hyperactive kid and was thinking of all the times adults used to confront me, but now I'm remembering all of the times they got bitched out by my parents  :-\ . Still, I wouldn't call the cops. Probably just tell the landlord.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 11:08:49 PM »
It does help if you know, or at least have met the parents, that's for sure.  Generally the kids I'm correcting are the kids on my daughter's bus stop, so they've met me and know that if I've said something, there's probably a reason, I wasn't just going off on their kids for sport.  It definitely becomes more iffy if the kids are complete strangers to you.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 11:38:05 PM »
I feel sorry for the ducks.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 12:07:00 AM »
you cannot confront other peoples children...it is none of your business.

Bullshit. Here they were abusing animals.
I'd run the little fuckers scared back home.

Not much I'd do that for.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 12:08:36 AM »

Another thing to be aware of is that kids these days are educated in the ways of the world at a very young age. They know how to get back at you and some will think nothing of it. Not much you can do to stop an investigation when a kid lies. The kid wins every time. What if the kid says that you really scared him when you said you would hurt him if he told anyone that you touched him in the bad way. You're fucked!

Gods only help them (and their parents) if they pulled THAT shit.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 01:34:17 AM »
I would not call the police on the kids and I would not confront them.

You live in a neighborhood and in my opinion it is more important that you get along with your neighbors than it is for you to correct other people's kids, even if they are behaving like brats.  That mother already told them off.  If you call the police, they are unlikely to do much to the kids, and if you confront the kids yourself, you could be opening yourself up to more trouble than you could possibly imagine.

I know someone who yelled at some kids about destroying his fence, and he wound up getting arrested for Reckless Endangerment, because the kids ran away when he yelled; they ran out into the street, then they lied to their parents about what he actually did.  It cost him thousands of dollars to straighten out that mess.

I didn't know you can get arrested for yelling at someone's else's kids. I don;t understand. I've been yelled at by other grownups and they weren't arrested for it.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 01:39:33 AM »
I found some little fuckers hanging around my back door one night, so I went out to the door and said, as nice as pie "hey guys, what are you doing, are you OK?"...they asked for a drink of water, and I said sure no problem, there's a tap at the side of the house.  I was so nice to them, I never had any problems with them again. 

They were obviously checking my car out because I'd left the door open while I was unloading some groceries, I also think the drink of water was a plot to distract me.  If they'd have asked something like can I use your phone or something, I would have said, sure, you give me the number and I'll call your parents, are you OK?

I'm always nice to kids, they don't know how to cope if they are little brats, they are so used to being screamed at, that the niceness and the smiling throws them.

Except in your case, because you are a male, stay the fuck away from them.  Half the time these days it will be reversed and people will say, what the fuck were you doing hanging around the pond watching kids for  :P  You can't win.

When they checked out your car, was anything taken from it?

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007, 05:54:12 AM »
I'm just going to tell the management and let them decide what to do about it.  This isn't the first, or worst, time there's been animal abuse in my neighborhood.  Last year it was a bunch of twentysomething thugs who finally got thrown out for selling drugs.  I mentioned it to the management and they told me I was not the first to complain and that they were getting fed up with it too, so I already know they don't tolerate that shit.  If the management confronts the kids or parents, I seriously doubt they're going to tell them who complained.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 05:57:53 AM »
you cannot confront other peoples children...it is none of your business.

Sure you can. If they're unattended and screwing with the wildlife like that, it's within his rights to ask them to stop. Just don't freak out on them and you'll be fine. Remember that kids are easily intimidated by pretty much any adult.. Just be like, "Hey, how would you like it if someone did that to you?" or something like that... but try to be good humoured about it. That sure as hell worked on me when I was a kid.
no you can't.  at least you shouldn't.

so what, they scared the ducks.  they are kids.  kids fuck around and are easily amused.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 06:08:24 AM »

Another thing to be aware of is that kids these days are educated in the ways of the world at a very young age. They know how to get back at you and some will think nothing of it. Not much you can do to stop an investigation when a kid lies. The kid wins every time. What if the kid says that you really scared him when you said you would hurt him if he told anyone that you touched him in the bad way. You're fucked!

Gods only help them (and their parents) if they pulled THAT shit.

It happened to a friend of mine, similar to what Callaway was talking about. There is no fucking way he molested a child, but he could not prove it.

It's exactly like what Peter said in another thread:: once a child is involved caution goes out the window along with half the legal rights of the accused. In come the villagers with their torches, pitchforks, clubs and ropes to kill the ogre. The assumption that kids would never lie about these things is bullshit. There is no way to balance the scales of justice, though. The child holds all the trumps.

His case was only dismissed after a huge disruption to this guy's life, many thousands of dollars in legal fees, in addition to losing his apartment, fiancée, and most of his friends and after the butthead kid falsely accused two other people. Gods only know what would have happened to him if the stupid kid had not "gone back to that well" too many times. He had no recourse except to sue the parents, but after almost a year of selling everything he owned to pay his lawyers, he was unable to do anything more. He was truly fucked, all because he told some kids that he would call the cops if they did not stop breaking into a vacant apartment and making a bunch of noise.

It's just not worth the risk.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 06:11:30 AM »
When I was a kid no-one thought anything was wrong with telling other people's kids to behave themselves- now it seems that even if kids are putting people's windows through some parents will bitch like fuck if anyone tells them to stop it.

duncvis

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 06:31:41 AM »
lol, I remember one estate where we lived some guy was bollocking a kid for putting broken bottles under his car tyres. the kids mother comes steaming out of the flats 'oo you fuckin think you are telling my fucking kid what to do?' - and starts in on the poor bloke.  ::)

The_P

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 06:44:15 AM »
lol, I remember one estate where we lived some guy was bollocking a kid for putting broken bottles under his car tyres. the kids mother comes steaming out of the flats 'oo you fuckin think you are telling my fucking kid what to do?' - and starts in on the poor bloke.  ::)

Maybe if the stupid cunt was not such a bad mother, he would not need to intervene.  ::)

The British Isles -- a kingdom of incompetent, belligerent louts.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 07:26:56 AM »
whatever happened to it takes a villiage to raise a child?
Misunderstood.

The_P

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 07:36:21 AM »
whatever happened to it takes a villiage to raise a child?

I'm not familiar with that expression. Elaborate.