Educational

Author Topic: OK. Go ahead.  (Read 10308 times)

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Re: OK. Go ahead.
« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2008, 07:38:21 PM »
How is the wireless power thing going?
You know I saw someone using wireless power in a magazine the other day.  There was a tiny pill sized camera that you swallow and it scans your digestive system as it works it's way through.  Instead of using batteries they equipped it with wireless power and you put a battery and transmitter in  your pocket.  It would send out the energy required to run it, and receive the pictures it took so you wouldn't have to fish it out when it's done... just flush it.  :)

Pretty sweet though.

What a medical breakthrough that will be. Get yourself clean and shiny inside and take pictures of the fixtures.

I probably need that.

Don't you?
Yes, unfortunately.  My family has a bad history for gastrointestinal problems.  My uncle died of stomach cancer a couple years ago.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2008, 07:41:37 PM »
I have another interview tomorrow... this time with a headhunter.  She says that she has "Multiple opportunities" for me... so, we'll see what happens.

I so hope I get something.  It sucks being broke.

:crossed:

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #197 on: May 23, 2008, 09:38:24 AM »
Thanks Callaway.

It went OK.  I talked to her, she called them and was told that they are so busy at the moment that they can't talk to me today.

We'll see what happens.  I'm still applying for other jobs.

She told me that I should consider studying Civil engineering instead of Mechanical engineering because she knows a lot of Mechanical engineers who are out of work.  Bitch.  Fuck you, trying to tell me how to live my life based on anecdotal evidence.  Civil engineering is boring shit.  Mechanical is where it's at.  I'm going to work at a job I find incredibly boring for the rest of my life just because it'll be easier for me to find a job, at this time, in this economy, in this location.  Moron.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #198 on: May 23, 2008, 01:55:28 PM »
I have another interview tomorrow... this time with a headhunter.  She says that she has "Multiple opportunities" for me... so, we'll see what happens.

I so hope I get something.  It sucks being broke.

good luck, hon.  :crossed:

:hug:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #199 on: May 23, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »
Good luck, Tesla.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2008, 03:17:22 PM »
You know I saw someone using wireless power in a magazine the other day.  There was a tiny pill sized camera that you swallow and it scans your digestive system as it works it's way through.  Instead of using batteries they equipped it with wireless power and you put a battery and transmitter in  your pocket.  It would send out the energy required to run it, and receive the pictures it took so you wouldn't have to fish it out when it's done... just flush it.  :)

Pretty sweet though.
I have seen stuff like that before, but I was referring to the large amounts of power needed to run large appliances and electrical equipment (not to mention going from house to house or city to city).  Kinda like the guy in your avatar was trying to mess with.   Some people recently made a 1/3rd scale Tesla coil system and did transfer quite a bit of power.   Of course that could be dangerous and lead to some kind of weapon development eventually lol.

Have you seen the stuff the US military is working on in regards to energy beam weapons?   
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10805240/
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #201 on: May 23, 2008, 03:53:51 PM »

Pretty sweet though.

What a medical breakthrough that will be. Get yourself clean and shiny inside and take pictures of the fixtures.

I probably need that.

Don't you?
Yes, unfortunately.  My family has a bad history for gastrointestinal problems.  My uncle died of stomach cancer a couple years ago.

WoW, an uncle.

I meant in a general sense, but family history can be a bitch!

I have some, too.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #202 on: May 23, 2008, 05:03:48 PM »
Thanks Callaway.

It went OK.  I talked to her, she called them and was told that they are so busy at the moment that they can't talk to me today.

She told me that I should consider studying Civil engineering instead of Mechanical engineering because she knows a lot of Mechanical engineers who are out of work.  Bitch.  Fuck you, trying to tell me how to live my life based on anecdotal evidence.  Civil engineering is boring shit.  Mechanical is where it's at.  I'm going to work at a job I find incredibly boring for the rest of my life just because it'll be easier for me to find a job, at this time, in this economy, in this location.  Moron.

Most engineers go into management anyway, or at least its that way in the UK. Not to mention that I doubt you could be out of work over here with an engineering degree. Your careers adviser sounds like a fucktard, get another one...

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #203 on: May 23, 2008, 08:19:26 PM »
Thanks Callaway.

Most engineers go into management anyway, or at least its that way in the UK. Not to mention that I doubt you could be out of work over here with an engineering degree. Your careers adviser sounds like a fucktard, get another one...

She was a headhunter, not a careers adviser, Hadron.

Headhunters find qualified candidates to send employers to interview and hire, based on the employers' criteria.  Sometimes the headhunter officially hires the employee for some amount of time on behalf of the employer, so they are easier for the employer to get rid of if they don't work out.

My husband found a job with a headhunter and he's a mathematician, Tesla.  You should go with the career you love, IMO, not the one she thinks is more employable.

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #204 on: May 23, 2008, 09:48:10 PM »
Thanks Callaway, I agree. 

I got a phone call from a Hot Rod shop I applied to... they're wanting a shop grunt to train up.  I'm going to call them on Tuesday.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2008, 07:29:15 AM »

Maybe a good move.

Do what you want to do and your work will be a pleasure and a source of energy, instead of a burden to be sustained, draining you of your essences.

Trust your GUT.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 07:31:12 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2008, 01:41:01 PM »
Good advice.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2008, 02:00:48 PM »
Thanks Callaway.

Headhunters find qualified candidates to send employers to interview and hire, based on the employers' criteria.  Sometimes the headhunter officially hires the employee for some amount of time on behalf of the employer, so they are easier for the employer to get rid of if they don't work out.

My husband found a job with a headhunter and he's a mathematician, Tesla.  You should go with the career you love, IMO, not the one she thinks is more employable.
That sounds a lot different to the system we have over here. Most headhunters over here tend to just target the top jobs, and the job centres are government ran schemes to get people back into work rather than what seems to happen over in the US. 

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2008, 11:35:15 PM »
Thanks Callaway.

That sounds a lot different to the system we have over here. Most headhunters over here tend to just target the top jobs, and the job centres are government ran schemes to get people back into work rather than what seems to happen over in the US. 

We have employment offices here too, which are run by the government.  These are like your job centers, I think.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2008, 01:05:33 AM »
i've been headhunted, if that's the definition.  they wanted me to be an SEN advisor for EBD for the local education authority i was working for, in london.

actually, come to think of it, it's twice, cos the SEN/EBD advisor in bristol offered me a job while i was in another one too.  :laugh: