Educational

Author Topic: New here, gday all  (Read 1605 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: New here, gday all
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 07:58:33 AM »
why are some people asexual?
Erm, he hasn't started an "Ask Me" thread yet. Give him time! ;)

Welcome Izaak. I'm glad you're here. :)

because he said this:
Obsession is Anthropology, and more specifically evolutionary biology. I.E. How the body was, how it got to be what it is now, and how it works now.
i thought he would have an explanation for me.
Isn't that more a mind issue than a body one?
probably.  but i suspect that when the human species was new and trying to keep their species alive, i doubt there werer any cases of asexuality.

I agree with GA. We could not possibly know, but it might make for a fascinating discussion, if there were more interested parties other than yourself.

Welcome to the New Meat.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Izaak

• Minister for Agriculture of The Aspie Elite
  • Fresh Meat
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 08:59:01 AM »
If you look at a bell curve some time asexuality actually falls neatly into an expected set of behaviours in a biological population.

As far as "cause" is concerned, I would suggest it is neuro/homonal/biological. More accurately, the exact same reason that makes the rest of the population desire sex.

Offline Izaak

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 08:59:48 AM »
Oh, and thanks for the warm welcome.

Nice to be here.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 09:58:11 AM »
If you look at a bell curve some time asexuality actually falls neatly into an expected set of behaviours in a biological population.

As far as "cause" is concerned, I would suggest it is neuro/homonal/biological. More accurately, the exact same reason that makes the rest of the population desire sex.
i will give you another karma point if you can explain this in lay terms.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 10:27:30 AM »
Hi n00b. Welcome to I2.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 11:03:31 AM »
Hi Izaak.  It's good to see you here.

Is there a sort of spectrum for the expression of sexuality like there is a spectrum for ASD's, with asexuals on one end and people who desire sex so much that it dictates how they live their lives on the other end?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 02:34:21 PM »
hi, izaak!  /waves.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 02:36:09 PM »
Greetings and salutations.

/waves too.

(where is Bjork anyway?)
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 02:38:06 PM »
(i was thinking that.  great minds, eh?  :laugh: )

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 02:45:54 PM »
(i was thinking that.  great minds, eh?  :laugh: )
:-* :-*
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Scrapheap

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 10:29:57 PM »

this makes me feel so much more normal now............ hello n00b!!! Mind McJ, he does like to leave teeth marks.  :laugh:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 10:31:32 PM »
Welcome to Intensity new person.   Have fun with the freedom of speech here.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Izaak

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 06:19:29 PM »
For Mc_Fuck yeah:

Neurological: The brain is wired in such a way as to desire certain thing... neurological needs. Humans are social animals and require stimulation from interaction with other beings. As an Autistic you may, like myself not require all that much. I do, however, desire romantic contact, not just all that much. That is neurological. The wiring in the brain is different.

Homonal, was misspelt. It was meant to be "hormonal". Any deficiencies in hormonal secretions from the endocrine gland can have major impacts on the neurological functionings of a human being. Think seratonin and depression. Sertonin is a hormone. Testosterone and oestrogen have been known to have major effects on the sex drive of a person. Too much, or too little, or a wierd balance of the two can have major effects on a persons sex drive.

Biological: Good ol' evolutionary imperative. This is actually a combination of the two above, but I seperate it out because it can include external factors such as vitamin defficiencies, nutrient deficiencies, (or overdoses of the same). Metal poisoning, chemical contamination. Any number of naturally occuring (and synthetic) compounds can cause disfunction in any number of systems of the human body. I am unsure which one would cause asexuality, but there is always the possibility.

I have never really researched into asexuality so I can not give a certain guess to the exact causes of it.

In response to Callaway:
Yes, surely you've heard of nymphomania?

In response to everyone else:
Thanks for the welcome, freedom of speech is certainly a wonderful thing. And I've already got to talk about my obsession and I have barely left the thread! This place is fantastic! :)

willow

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 09:00:52 PM »
For Mc_Fuck yeah:

Neurological: The brain is wired in such a way as to desire certain thing... neurological needs. Humans are social animals and require stimulation from interaction with other beings. As an Autistic you may, like myself not require all that much. I do, however, desire romantic contact, not just all that much. That is neurological. The wiring in the brain is different.

Homonal, was misspelt. It was meant to be "hormonal". Any deficiencies in hormonal secretions from the endocrine gland can have major impacts on the neurological functionings of a human being. Think seratonin and depression. Sertonin is a hormone. Testosterone and oestrogen have been known to have major effects on the sex drive of a person. Too much, or too little, or a wierd balance of the two can have major effects on a persons sex drive.

Biological: Good ol' evolutionary imperative. This is actually a combination of the two above, but I seperate it out because it can include external factors such as vitamin defficiencies, nutrient deficiencies, (or overdoses of the same). Metal poisoning, chemical contamination. Any number of naturally occuring (and synthetic) compounds can cause disfunction in any number of systems of the human body. I am unsure which one would cause asexuality, but there is always the possibility.

I have never really researched into asexuality so I can not give a certain guess to the exact causes of it.

In response to Callaway:
Yes, surely you've heard of nymphomania?

In response to everyone else:
Thanks for the welcome, freedom of speech is certainly a wonderful thing. And I've already got to talk about my obsession and I have barely left the thread! This place is fantastic! :)

god...how about I give you points for the crazy wall of text??

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 10:32:54 PM »
Homonal, was misspelt. 
As well as:
serotonin
separate
weird
and several grammatical errors.
 :P
I am just teasing you. A lot of us here make spelling mistakes. Don't worry about it.  ;D
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae