Educational

Author Topic: Question for Scandinavians.  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Question for Scandinavians.
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2007, 12:15:35 PM »
Can people leave some resembelence of an english translation on this thread. All these funny languages are confusing me....

I only know the German and there isn't much of it I remember from school. The other stuff I don't have a clue  :laugh:
Ditto. German was my worst GCSE, mainly because I got so bored of languages that I used the lessons as nap time.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2007, 12:18:26 PM »
I didn't do that great at German either, mainly because I was sat next to some lad who kept punching me in the arm, pulling my hair, etc like we were at primary school  ::)   It might not have distracted me so much if it wasn't for the fact that I had the hots for his mate.  :laugh:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2007, 12:22:46 PM »
I didn't do that great at German either, mainly because I was sat next to some lad who kept punching me in the arm, pulling my hair, etc like we were at primary school  ::)   It might not have distracted me so much if it wasn't for the fact that I had the hots for his mate.  :laugh:
I got into the top set for german, then spent my GCSE years going backwards and pretending to understand all this stuff, basically by bluffing. I cant believe a bloke would start playing games like that, it wouldnt happen now I dont think. But then i dont know what sort of school you went to.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2007, 12:29:23 PM »
It was just your average school- it wasn't particularly rough, there was a decent mix of people there (obviously some chavs).  Although we did seem to have a fair number of burnt out teachers, which is probably why he got away with it. I didn't particularly enjoy school though, my friends were the kind that liked to 'buy' popularity for a short while by sharing gossip about me and I was too blind to their motives to realise that.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2007, 12:35:06 PM »
It was just your average school- it wasn't particularly rough, there was a decent mix of people there (obviously some chavs).  Although we did seem to have a fair number of burnt out teachers, which is probably why he got away with it. I didn't particularly enjoy school though, my friends were the kind that liked to 'buy' popularity for a short while by sharing gossip about me and I was too blind to their motives to realise that.
When I catch people trying to do something like that to me, i tend to have fun at their expense. Did you stay on at school for A-levels or did you quit at GCSE level?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2007, 12:54:05 PM »
I did A-levels and went on to do a teaching degree until I realised I didn't really want to be a teacher.  :laugh:  I went back to college when I was 23 and did a couple more A-levels and the first year of a midwifery degree which I unfortunately had to leave because my AS son couldn't cope with the shifts I had to work on the work placements.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2007, 12:59:42 PM »
I did A-levels and went on to do a teaching degree until I realised I didn't really want to be a teacher.  :laugh:  I went back to college when I was 23 and did a couple more A-levels and the first year of a midwifery degree which I unfortunately had to leave because my AS son couldn't cope with the shifts I had to work on the work placements.
Hmm, what are your alevels in? What put you off teaching, i think it seems a nice profession to do personally? What do you do now careerwise?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2007, 01:06:08 PM »
I have A-levels in Sociology, history, human biology and psychology.   I only did 2 at school because I did a part work placement as a class room assistant so I'd have some experience to help me get a place on the teaching degree.  Now I'm a full time parent- my youngest was 4 yesterday.
A lot of things put me off teaching but my main gripe was all the best practice bullshit, some of it didn't make logical sense to me and I knew it would annoy the fuck out of me.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2007, 01:19:28 PM »
I have A-levels in Sociology, history, human biology and psychology.   I only did 2 at school because I did a part work placement as a class room assistant so I'd have some experience to help me get a place on the teaching degree.  Now I'm a full time parent- my youngest was 4 yesterday.
A lot of things put me off teaching but my main gripe was all the best practice bullshit, some of it didn't make logical sense to me and I knew it would annoy the fuck out of me.
I think being a full time parent would scare the shit out me, and id get annoyed too easily. I would probably turn the best practise stuff into a game of how to avoid it if I became a teacher, although i might follow it when ofsted show up. I might go into teaching if everything else goes to pot, it would be an easy carreer for me, and they are desperate for science graduates. The downside is i could get bored easily.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2007, 01:42:57 PM »
When do you get your A-level results?  Its around the middle of August isn't it?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2007, 01:44:36 PM »
When do you get your A-level results?  Its around the middle of August isn't it?
Yeah, I think its the 16th. I dont see how I could have screwed them up much though, if i am lucky it should be all A's

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2007, 01:50:57 PM »
Yeah, I think its the 16th. I dont see how I could have screwed them up much though, if i am lucky it should be all A's

Good luck  :crossed:  What grades do you need to get to get into the uni you want?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2007, 01:53:23 PM »

Good luck  :crossed:  What grades do you need to get to get into the uni you want?
3 A's in theory. If i dont get them i may be able to negociate. I might get my results early, i am planning to send a clever email to the admissions tutor to find out before results day whether or not I got in (the unis get the results early)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2007, 02:59:45 PM »
I think being a full time parent would scare the shit out me, and id get annoyed too easily. I would probably turn the best practise stuff into a game of how to avoid it if I became a teacher, although i might follow it when ofsted show up. I might go into teaching if everything else goes to pot, it would be an easy carreer for me, and they are desperate for science graduates. The downside is i could get bored easily.

you're never bored teaching, that's one thing it's got going for it.  but you do have to learn that not every kid works at the pace youd like them to, hadron, amongst about a million other things.  it's really not an easy career, i can assure you.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2007, 03:21:25 PM »

you're never bored teaching, that's one thing it's got going for it.  but you do have to learn that not every kid works at the pace youd like them to, hadron, amongst about a million other things.  it's really not an easy career, i can assure you.
It depends what subject you take and how quickly you can climb the ladder. I just think teaching in a school would bore me intellectually, you never get to go deep into a subject. The other thing that would annoy me is that too many kids are too dim for me to like them.