Author Topic: your best and worst teachers  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: your best and worst teachers
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 06:55:42 PM »
Hmm, this is going to be a difficult one to decide. As for best teacher, I have had loads of good ones and cant decide between then. Same with the bad ones. Ill give you a taster of a crap teacher though.
Mrs X: Supposedly taught ICT A-level, despite having no knowledge of the subject. Came in with a pile of mark schemes and used them as teaching material. When asked for a definiton of something, she either asked me or googled it, to the point where she wanted advance notification of when i wasnt there. Very patronising, seemed to think it was a good idea to remind us to put our chairs away etc at the end of each lesson. Her favorite teaching exercise was to get us to read her collegues notes of the board, taking turns for each line. Oh and decided to say I have Autism and Dyspraxia (actually both technically incorrect) on her lesson plan when Ofstead came, which she then accidently put on the board. What a bitch...

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 06:56:14 PM »
...Bury this crap.  Look ahead in your life, not behind. Jesus fucking Christ, bleeding on a stick in the pouring rain, get over it it already!

Oh, no need to worry.  I'm over it.  Pardon me if I gave the impression that I was still stewing over it. 
I'm not sure why I got that impression, or why I seemed a bit harsh. I just try not to dwell on the past as much anymore. It is hard not to, though, since I seem to continually collect fuck-ups.

Nah, don't worry about sounding harsh.   One reason I decided to join this site was to toughen up a bit.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 08:21:25 PM »
...Bury this crap.  Look ahead in your life, not behind. Jesus fucking Christ, bleeding on a stick in the pouring rain, get over it it already!

Oh, no need to worry.  I'm over it.  Pardon me if I gave the impression that I was still stewing over it. 
I'm not sure why I got that impression, or why I seemed a bit harsh. I just try not to dwell on the past as much anymore. It is hard not to, though, since I seem to continually collect fuck-ups.

So if it safe to say that you were, as they apparantly say here, posting in the mirror?

My favorite teacher that I can think of was probably my senior year physics teacher. He was this real big, nerdy character who was insanely intelligent and had a cool sense of humor. My least favorite was probably my sixth grade math teacher. He was another one of those teachers that all the kids love, but he used to take the piss out of me, even to the point where I look back at it now at it almost seems like borderline flirtacious, which really freaks me out. Also my daycare supervisors were total bitches and used to threaten to glue our mouthes shut if we didn't shut up...  :o
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 03:02:47 AM »
Also my daycare supervisors were total bitches and used to threaten to glue our mouthes shut if we didn't shut up...  :o

:LMAO:

you have no idea how many times a day teachers think that sort of thing!  :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 03:11:49 AM »
Also my daycare supervisors were total bitches and used to threaten to glue our mouthes shut if we didn't shut up...  :o

:LMAO:

you have no idea how many times a day teachers think that sort of thing!  :laugh:

My daughter's least favorite teacher was the special education teacher who put liquid hand soap in her mouth and tried to strangle her.

Even though she wasn't actually my teacher, she is at the bottom of my list as well.

My favorite teacher was my high school psychology and sociology teacher who was the father of my best friend in high school.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 07:01:45 AM by Callaway »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 06:21:06 AM »
My daughter's least favorite teacher was the special education teacher who put liquid hand soap in her mouth and tried to strangle her.
:jawdrop:
 >:( Oh, that teacher should die. Slowly.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 07:14:11 AM »
I'm waiting for one of the girls to say the worst teacher was the one who fucked them when they were 13, and for one of the guys to say the best teacher was the one who fucked them when they were 13.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 07:56:59 AM »
I'm waiting for one of the girls to say the worst teacher was the one who fucked them when they were 13, and for one of the guys to say the best teacher was the one who fucked them when they were 13.
peter, do you want to be a teacher?
Misunderstood.

The_P

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 09:52:55 AM »

+

I found P.E. teachers to be so unforgiving, especially if you were a fat bastard.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2007, 10:19:26 AM »
Worst: Math teachers who had no idea what they were doing.

Chemistry teacher- Unlike many bad teachers that I've seen, this teacher actually knew her stuff. Unfortunately, it doesn'y really amount to much if you don't know how to teach students of average intelligence. Insulting and treating students who weren't in her ap classes like they were gum stuck to the bottom of her shoe, was not helpful whatsoever. If half a class chooses to fail rather than ask the teacher any questions because the answers were so condescending, there is a problem.

Best: I have several english, a couple history teachers, and a biology teacher that were fantastic. I don't know what it is about those subjects that attracts understanding and fascinating people. Not only were most of them great at teaching, they also made students want to learn more even outside of the classroom.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 10:24:01 AM »

+

I found P.E. teachers to be so unforgiving, especially if you were a fat bastard.
One of my PE teachers was a fat bastard. He was so fat he had to pick on students to do demonstrations...

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 11:21:08 AM »

I'd rather be repeatedly kicked in the balls.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 05:59:08 PM »

i'd do that for you, and you'd only have to ask once.
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 06:08:39 PM »

Your love for me knows no bounds, does it?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 06:10:39 PM »

Your love for me knows no bounds, does it?
none whatsoever.
Misunderstood.