Educational

Author Topic: Hello, just another damn newbie.  (Read 1895 times)

duncvis

Re: Hello, just another damn newbie.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2007, 06:29:05 PM »
lexapro sounds great.

no it isn't. it does suck less than some others though.  >:(

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2007, 06:31:42 PM »
i like to be stoned. but melatonin made me feel the same way, like i had stayed up a long time.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2007, 06:37:19 PM »
I weaned myself off Lexapro over a month.  It wasn't terrible, but that was the first bout I've had with SSRI cessation so I guess I don't really know.  It did make me dizzy as hell and feel like my brain was going to fall out sometimes. 

Crazy meds is awesome: http://www.crazymeds.org/lexapro.html
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

duncvis

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2007, 06:37:55 PM »
i like to be stoned. but melatonin made me feel the same way, like i had stayed up a long time.

Its like the sucky deenergised post-stonage feeling without the high or the mellowed out ness. I'm sick of being on it personally - I cant be arsed to do anything except eat/drink and sleep. I'm just meh.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 06:38:26 PM »
i love crazymeds.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »
oh well then it sounds like cipramil after a few weeks.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

duncvis

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007, 06:40:46 PM »
oh well then it sounds like cipramil after a few weeks.

very similar, its just the active isomer of citalopram rejigged so that the pharm company could re-patent it.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2007, 06:42:58 PM »
bastards.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2007, 07:02:07 PM »
I see that whoever runs CrazyMeds has really done their homework.  I don't dismiss the possibility of getting back on Lexapro in the future, but I'll leave that as a last resort.  It might make me feel good, but I don't absolutely need it to function.  Besides, I hate the pharmaceutical industry.   :finger:  They're just as evil as the oil industry and the sugar industry.  (No, I haven't been to see Michael Moore's "Sicko" yet.)

The only reason they rx'ed Lexapro for me was because that particular practice was in Forest Pharm's back pocket.  When I filled out the forms, they were on a Lexapro clipboard and I used a Lexapro pen to fill them out.  I believe there was a Lexapro calendar hanging up somewhere and maybe a couple of Lexapro notepads.  The receptionist was a condescending, rude little bitch.  Maybe they should have let her have a Lexapro dildo to keep in her desk drawer, and maybe that might have helped her attitude.  Well, with that brand name all over the fucking inside of that office, it was an easy guess what they were going to prescribe.  (Hell, they might as well have just gotten wallpaper with little Lexapro logos all over it if they wanted to advertise.)

I forgot to explain my username for the person who asked.  Garmonbozia is a minor plot device from the Twin Peaks TV series, or rather from it's afterthought prequil, "Fire Walk With Me".  In the ethereal world, it's a food that looks like creamed corn.  In the material world, it's pain and sorrow.  Need further explanation?  Google it!

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2007, 07:06:15 PM »
Hey, welcome. Coincidentally I'm on Lexapro as of a few weeks ago. It definitely seems to take the edge off.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007, 07:10:03 PM »
spam as in really boring spam. :laugh: like, atomik psycho grade spam. we take calandale grade spam. :P

I never thought I'd say this, but calandale's spam has SOME content at least,  ;) :laugh:

And an artform all it's own.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2007, 07:10:56 PM »

but not without beer cunts. :P

Doesn't that sting?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2007, 06:36:07 AM »
It did make me dizzy as hell and feel like my brain was going to fall out sometimes. 
Yes this is what I experienced. It wasn't "am I feeling depressed again", it was "can I leave the house while feeling like my head is going to drop off and my eyes roll out".
Lexapro has been the worst medication to come off for me.

Yes, it was me who asked what your name meant, garmonbozia. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2007, 07:56:44 AM »
i haven't seen fire walk with me, i should. i love twin peaks.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2007, 01:11:56 PM »
I imagine Fire Walk With Me can be found in most box-box stores and if not, there's always Amazon.  I found my copy, of all the damn places, in the DVD bargain bin at Family Dollar.  That was a huge surprise, so I snapped it up.

My guess about Lexapro or any head med for that matter, is that people too easily let the doctor up the dose.  I got my dose doubled because I hesitated when answering the question, "So, how's it working?"  Which translates to, "Oh, it won't hurt him.  Besides, I've already got this guy's money so I'll just send him on his way so I can bring in the next patient and thus more money."  (Incidentally, the next patient was some guy carrying a plastic grocery bag bulging with what must have been at least two dozen pill bottles.  Seems he had been to many different psychiatrists and long since lost track of his dose schedules.  He looked like he could burst any minute.  When the doctor saw that, I bet his first thoughts were something like, "Oh shit!")

BTW, someone commented on my describing Intensity2 as being like an Aspie site cross-bred with Daily Rotten.  So, does anyone else here visit Rotten.com?