Educational

Author Topic: what did you want to be....  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: what did you want to be....
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2007, 04:38:47 PM »
I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, asides possibly enter politics.
i wanted to be a politician when i was a late teen, early twenties.  the more i studied politics, the more i learned that i couldn't do the things necessary to be a successful one.
Hmm, I am a cunning bastard when it comes to it, and I am looking at doing it on a backroom basis, rather than shaking hands with the boring average morons and campaigning aspects of it.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2007, 06:58:54 PM »
Write and illustrate my own books. Then later, computer game designer. Still working on both.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2007, 07:18:59 PM »
I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, asides possibly enter politics.
i wanted to be a politician when i was a late teen, early twenties.  the more i studied politics, the more i learned that i couldn't do the things necessary to be a successful one.
Hmm, I am a cunning bastard when it comes to it, and I am looking at doing it on a backroom basis, rather than shaking hands with the boring average morons and campaigning aspects of it.
yes.  i have the talents to pull the strings.  but i do not have the necessary talents to be the one hooked up to the strings.

so you want to be a lobbyist?
Misunderstood.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2007, 07:25:17 PM »
yes.  i have the talents to pull the strings.  but i do not have the necessary talents to be the one hooked up to the strings.

so you want to be a lobbyist?
No no, i want to be one of those aspies who is the guy who actually runs the show behind closed doors, i.e the person who holds all the real power. The only probable Aspie that is head of state that I know of is President Kim of North Korea, and I dont particuarly want to run a nation his way.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2007, 07:46:34 PM »
i'd love to be a linguist/archeologist/anthropologist/psychologist.

baseball player, actor, vulcanologist, now I just want to be me and explore my options.  Vulcanologist still sounds good. 8)

i might like being a betazologist. 8)
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2007, 07:48:44 PM »
i'd like to live on Mars and be a hermit.

like be a dishonest psychopath?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Janicka

• Concertmaster of the Aspie World Elite Orchestra
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Nicolo Paganini's Slovakian Prostitute
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2007, 09:24:51 PM »

Amen to that.  I have a fairly political job now (I work in government), and you really can't do anything productive without compromising your moral principals.  Pretty much everyone in my workgroup feels the same way, so we live on the edge of burnout.  It sucks.  I'm hoping that with in a year or two my husband's company grows enough that I can quit and pursue music as a career. 
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2007, 09:40:20 PM »
i'd like to live on Mars and be a hermit.

I like that one, very much! 8)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2007, 09:51:11 PM »
sometimes, i think i'd like to grow up...   :asthing:

Offline Janicka

• Concertmaster of the Aspie World Elite Orchestra
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Nicolo Paganini's Slovakian Prostitute
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2007, 09:57:59 PM »
I think I should be a prostitute, like Peegai suggested.   :eyebrows:
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2007, 10:35:31 PM »
You know I just wanted to be Me in the end.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2007, 10:45:58 PM »
You know I just wanted to be Me in the end.

Same, I fucking change my mind too much.   I never know what I really want to do in life, because it could always change.   

I don't even know what it means to grow up anymore.

lol at being a prostitute and married Janicka, sure that would work out well for you.

I would be too good at being a hermit.  Being alone forever would mean I would pretty much be in a dreamland 24/7 anyways, with nothing else to entertain me but my own mind.   Good way to go totally insane.

My brother wants to be a politician or a lobbyist (pre-law graduating this semester at FSU).   He is very social and great at lying and manipulating.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2007, 05:48:15 AM »
i didn't meant hermit without entertainment. i'd have TV and DVDs and books and music and Donald Duck comics and internet and computers... and drugs. lots of drugs. i'd grow weed and opium and manufacture Valium in my lab. drugs aren't illegal on Mars. :angel:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2007, 06:03:46 AM »
  I'm hoping that with in a year or two my husband's company grows enough that I can quit and pursue music as a career. 

do you think that he might leave you if he becomes a success?
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2007, 06:59:17 AM »
i might like being a betazologist. 8)

definition?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.