Educational

Author Topic: Helping Emos to Cope Online.  (Read 886 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Helping Emos to Cope Online.
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 02:41:45 AM »
all the most intelligent, important people get attacked and disagreed with the most. 
Agreed. So I'm doing ok there.

Another thing is to not answer the insults but the other parts of people's posts (if there are any).

That's a really good point, but I find it very hard not to defend my point of view when I am challenged.

For example, what if someone said to you, "Renaeden, you are a stalker!" (you are not, of course, this is just an example) what do you say then?

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2007, 02:56:24 AM »
another thing for me is just to remember that people who disagree with you will try to goad you into anger, and be ready for it.  Not think, "what I'm saying is the gospel truth, so everybody should see sense and agree with me."

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2007, 03:51:50 AM »
another thing for me is just to remember that people who disagree with you will try to goad you into anger, and be ready for it.  Not think, "what I'm saying is the gospel truth, so everybody should see sense and agree with me."
I don't usually try to goad to anger, I think I just stick to the hypocritical facts people like to believe about themselves and regurgitate them.

But shoot me down if I'm wrong here.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2007, 04:37:52 AM »
The passive aggresive player is very easy to play. All you need to do is never bluff and bet all your hands for value. They will let you check all your marginal hands for free. This will destroy them.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2007, 04:41:04 AM »
The passive aggresive player is very easy to play. All you need to do is never bluff and bet all your hands for value. They will let you check all your marginal hands for free. This will destroy them.

That's how I play. But I'm passive agressive.

The_P

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 07:12:03 AM »

Wish HG would follow that advice. :P

Kosmonaut

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2007, 07:17:09 AM »

That's how I play. But I'm passive agressive.

Then your ideal opponent will be a macho-man with large ego and point to prove. Be a good sport and let him give you all his money.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2007, 07:25:47 AM »
all the most intelligent, important people get attacked and disagreed with the most. 

Another thing is to not answer the insults but the other parts of people's posts (if there are any).

That's a really good point, but I find it very hard not to defend my point of view when I am challenged.

For example, what if someone said to you, "Renaeden, you are a stalker!" (you are not, of course, this is just an example) what do you say then?

I would think it funny because I know I am not a stalker. ;D

I must admit, I have not been in the position of fighting off incessant insults.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2007, 07:27:08 AM »
I don't usually try to goad to anger, I think I just stick to the hypocritical facts people like to believe about themselves and regurgitate them.

this is the easiest way to win.  but the truth is that we are all hippocritical.
Misunderstood.

The_P

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2007, 07:31:28 AM »

this is the easiest way to win.  but the truth is that we are all hippocritical.

We're critical against hippos?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2007, 07:39:18 AM »

We're critical against hippos?

jokes.  always answer with jokes.  another good method.

Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »
I thought We where all hippos.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 11:01:19 AM »

I would think it funny because I know I am not a stalker. ;D

I must admit, I have not been in the position of fighting off incessant insults.

Good point.  It helps if the insults are actually funny.

The_P

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 11:03:08 AM »
Mine are occasionally funny, so it occasionally helps, yeah.

Offline greendragon

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 06:18:27 PM »
I wear my teflon suit.
...Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!