Educational

Author Topic: The end is nigh: Prince Charles, Defender of Faith  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Beowulf

• Frequent Poster
    • Click Here
The end is nigh: Prince Charles, Defender of Faith
« on: May 06, 2006, 03:03:18 PM »
In 2005 Prince Charles announced that on becoming King he would like to ditch the old "Defender of the Faith" title and replace it with "Defender of Faith" or "Defender of the Divine".

Why? One can only speculate.

I think it's because the fucker's a Muslim.

Quotes:

"Did you know that Prince Charles has converted to Islam. Yes, yes. He is a Muslim. I can't say more. But it happened in Turkey. Oh, yes, he converted all right. When you get home check on how often he travels to Turkey. You'll find that your future king is a Muslim." (Grand Mufti of Cyprus, 1996)

?Islam can teach us today a way of understanding and living in the world which Christianity itself is poorer for having lost. At the heart of Islam is its preservation of an integral view of the Universe. Islam-like Buddhism and Hinduism-refuses to separate man and nature, religion and science, mind and matter, and has preserved a metaphysical and unified view of ourselves and the world around us. . . . But the West gradually lost this integrated vision of the world with Copernicus and Descartes and the coming of the scientific revolution. A comprehensive philosophy of nature is no longer part of our everyday beliefs.? (Prince Charles)

"Someday a real rain will come ..."

duncvis

Re: The end is nigh: Prince Charles, Defender of Faith
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 04:15:30 PM »
who gives a fuck? the man's a complete irrelevance.  ::)

Offline CuriousPrimate

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 04:34:32 PM »
Quote from: Beowulf

Does this mean Camilla will cover her face, at last?
An intelligent enemy is better than a stupid friend - Senegalese proverb

duncvis

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 04:36:25 PM »

NEIGHHH!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Postperson

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 05:25:14 PM »
Well there is no faith in anglicanism. everyone knows that.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 06:13:13 PM »

Damn that was cold. Funny but cold.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 06:34:07 PM »
gosh, what would daddy say?  :o

if he has converted to islam, he can't be very serious about it because (i think) he got married to camilla in a traditional christian ceremony. unless this (alledged) conversion has taken place in the last few months.

anyway, you shouldn't worry your pretty little head about it, Beowulf, because i read about this psychic lady who says that charles is going to die before he gets to the throne.

plan B: we could get rid of our monarchy french revolution style. what do you think, Beowulf?  8)

Offline Beowulf

• Frequent Poster
    • Click Here
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 07:55:58 PM »

anyway, you shouldn't worry your pretty little head about it, Beowulf, because i read about this psychic lady who says that charles is going to die before he gets to the throne.

Well, that's very reassuring. Who was it? Mystic Meg?

Long live the Queen!

plan B: we could get rid of our monarchy french revolution style. what do you think, Beowulf?? 8)

I think if we're going to have a military coup in this country we should get rid of the Labour cabinet and install a Royal as interim Prime Minister instead.

It nearly happened with Harold Wilson!

We couldn't put Charles in charge though.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 08:02:43 PM by Beowulf »

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 08:28:43 PM »
Well, that's very reassuring. Who was it? Mystic Meg?

oh no, it was no one as professional as mystic meg! i can't remember her name but it was someone who was on personal terms with princess diana, before she died, and claims to be in contact with her from beyond the grave.

aww, why not? he doesn't seem the brightest of people. if we put him in charge, we could manipulate him in to working towards our own agendas.

Offline Beowulf

• Frequent Poster
    • Click Here
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 09:17:30 AM »

aww, why not? he doesn't seem the brightest of people. if we put him in charge, we could manipulate him in to working towards our own agendas.

Yeah, it could work.  ;D

In a way, I agree with Charles when he speaks out against the spiritually bankrupt concrete jungle that Britain has become.

I'll say this for Islam. If and when Britain adopts Sharia Law, it might at least help reduce the crime rate. The crime rate might even drop to the level of the 1950s, when we still had the death penalty.? 8)

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 09:38:41 AM »
Maybe we could do with Shia law, i mean hell anything to break down this stupid make believe protestant economy bullshit were living in right now is fine with me.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 10:47:30 AM »
Maybe we could do with Shia law, i mean hell anything to break down this stupid make believe protestant economy bullshit were living in right now is fine with me.

If you stole an apple, you could get your hand chopped off.  If you commited adultery, you could be buried up to your neck and stoned to death, with your spouse getting to throw the first stone at your head.  If you spoke out against Islam, the Koran or the Prophet, you would be executed.  Do you really want to be subject to these laws?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 11:09:06 AM »
i think he looks rather fetching in that topi.

(well, it's not a topi exactly, cos it ain't crocheted.  but it's topi-ish).

so, monarchy based on sartorial style.

sigh - we're fucked, then.

Offline CuriousPrimate

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 01:56:06 PM »
Coming to you soon, the offical Charles and Camilla head on a stamp...

Do you want to lick the back end of that?
An intelligent enemy is better than a stupid friend - Senegalese proverb

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 02:18:32 PM »

If you stole an apple, you could get your hand chopped off.  If you commited adultery, you could be buried up to your neck and stoned to death, with your spouse getting to throw the first stone at your head.  If you spoke out against Islam, the Koran or the Prophet, you would be executed.  Do you really want to be subject to these laws?

Certainly would make things alot more simple. And the law would be far more consistant, plus only truly stupid people would be caught in public doing those kind of acts. You would be suprised how easily these rules are flouted and broken in their own lands.