Educational

Author Topic: Ask me anything about me  (Read 22081 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Ask me anything about me
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2007, 07:22:29 PM »
i wouldn't ask Spokane that.
why.  she could probably speak to the psychology about it better than anybody here.

i kinda think that my daughter was just playing around.  i don't think that she "went" in her diapers.
Misunderstood.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2007, 07:23:33 PM »
because Spokane seems to think it's ok for a child to have a diaper fetish.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2007, 07:25:37 PM »
maybe she will put her personal feelings aside and offer me some wise advice.
Misunderstood.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #243 on: July 09, 2007, 07:26:57 PM »
that would be nice.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2007, 07:36:12 PM »
Well if it was my child who did it, here is what I'd do.

Ask her why she was wearing the diaper. She might not tell the truth because she be embarrassed about it. If you have a problem with her wearing diapers, I'd the hide them and keep them hidden. I'd keep counting them to see how many are left and count them everytime I am changing my baby to make sure none of them are missing. I wouldn't want my child to keep on taking them (that might surprise you guys) because they cost money to buy and I wouldn't want to buy them more often because I run out of them faster. Sure I'd let my child wear them because my husband and I keep buying them for her but if I was a none diaper lover, I'd keep them hidden and keep counting them to make sure none of them were taken.

If she keeps on doing it, take her to a psychologist like most parents would do after none of the punisments have worked to stop the child from not doing it ever again or talk to a doctor about it to get some advice before you take the psychologist step.

Sorry if I'm not much help but I'm not a parent and thinking about a made up situation isn't always easy.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #245 on: July 10, 2007, 08:59:25 AM »
I see you have posted a link to a test of some sort. What are your results?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2007, 09:43:27 AM »

# Repetitive or restricted Behaviours and Interests (RBI) - Stereotyped, repetitive behaviours and interests
# Social Impairment (SI) - Social understanding
# Language problems (L) - Speech, words and sentences
# Planning, Organization and Concentration problems (POC) - Cognitive skills related to being able to plan, organise and stay focused
# Imaging and Recall problems (IR) - Visualisation, imagination and remembering past events
# Reasoning and Problem solving problems (RP) - Cognitive skills related to rational deduction and working things out
# Sensory problems (S) - Impact of senses
# Motor problems (M) - Control of own movement

RBI =5.25
SI=8.75
L=5.5
POC=4.75
IR=4
RP=8.5
S=4.5
M=2.75

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2007, 01:24:36 PM »
Thank you. My thread is too far away to post my results. But I have done the test and the results are on WP.

+ for the link.:)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2007, 02:44:43 PM »
SG, do you think that saying people are NT is questioning their diagnosis when you don't know them?

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2007, 05:01:35 PM »
SG, do you think that saying people are NT is questioning their diagnosis when you don't know them?

Uh is this about the test I am posting in the ask away threads or about what I said to the pee guy?

I was kidding when I told him afraid he come back with the NT results.

No I don't think it's questoning their diagnoses if you aren't even asking them anything about it.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2007, 05:35:03 PM »
Will you doubt anyone's dx based on your question in the ask away threads and the test results?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2007, 05:43:14 PM »
No. I don't do that. Just because someone gets low scores on it doesn't mean they don't have it. Only time I said someone didn't have AS or autism was to my stalker I had when I was 18 because I didn't even want him to have it because he was using it as an excuse for his behavior to not quit what he was doing. Other people have had problems with him too and he bothered a 15 year old on AIM who was from WP also and came to me and complained about him asking me what does he do to make him go away. 

Only time I tell someone they aren't on the spectrum is if I was trying to insult them based on what they did to me because I felt what they did was so NT because it was something an NT would do to me. But I've only done that to one person and that was The Bry-Man, the stalker. That was three years back.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2007, 01:22:26 AM »
A low score? I don't understand this, I was looking at the pattern they made. Yours looks like a pair of lips at a diagonal angle. Other people's are spiky or star shaped.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #253 on: July 11, 2007, 08:49:39 AM »
low score means you scored lower on so called aspie difficulties. i think it's stupid though cuz it looks at these things as negative things. aspies have a lot of positive stuff and the negative stuff often comes from the world sucking not us being disabled or whatever.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2007, 10:12:02 AM »
A low score? I don't understand this, I was looking at the pattern they made. Yours looks like a pair of lips at a diagonal angle. Other people's are spiky or star shaped.

I have noticed that. On others, I have seen hats and shapes. I wasn't surprised when I got high in cognitive skills and working things out, problem solving. I still run to my parents when I have a problem because I don't know what to do about it. I would actually call them if I had a problem since they live 529 miles away or talk to my aunt and uncle.