Author Topic: what do you think is acceptable for getting married and having children  (Read 637 times)

richard

im 26. now i might want kids at some point in my life, but i dont know what an acceptable age for having them is. obviously i'll never get married but that is besides the point as you dont need to be married to have children. when did you get married or had children?

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
I think any time beyond 30 is dangerous because of how old you are compared to the kid.  That is not to say I dont plan to wait that long meself....
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

richard

yer right. if you started having kids at 30, when your 40 they'll barely be 10!, not even a teenager :P

Offline methinks

• Cryptic Offer of an Ambiguous Glory of the Aspie Elite
  • Fresh Meat
Remember,"middle age" and quality of living is being extended each decade;if you're 26 now,you may still have a "middle age" quality of life when you are in your seventies.Of course,there is no predicting health issues,and health care costs money.But,in theory,as long as you can produce sperm,you can impregnate a fertile woman.Also,kids always have trouble relating to their parents,whether they are 15 years older or 50 years older.The hard part is being a good parent.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
im 26. now i might want kids at some point in my life, but i dont know what an acceptable age for having them is. obviously i'll never get married but that is besides the point as you dont need to be married to have children. when did you get married or had children?

Why don't you think you will ever get married, Richard?  I think you will.

I think a good time to have children is when you are ready to take care of them.  They need a lot of taking care of, especially at first, and I don't think you should have them until you are ready, no matter what age it is.

richard

i dont want to sound like i have low self asteem or anything, but i know i'll never meet anyone. ever since i was a kid! i'll have to jack off in a cup and have a pay the discovey channel to find me a women to have my baby. :)

Kosmonaut

you never know what is round the corner.

richard

in my case "yeah right"

Kosmonaut

i dont think i will, i am getting on a bit at 36.
but you still have a few years in you.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
27-30.
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
I think any time beyond 30 is dangerous because of how old you are compared to the kid.  That is not to say I dont plan to wait that long meself....

I can wait as long as I damn well please, if ever, and adopt a kid who's a compensatory age; i.e. I could adopt a ten-year-old when I was forty.  I'm not that into babies anyway; I'd rather take in some kid who's likely to be passed up by other people who DO want babies, and honestly I'd rather take in someone who's verbal and toilet trained.  I know the latter sounds kind of callous, but that's how I feel right now.  Maybe someday it'll be different.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
I assumed having children meant growing them and was seperate from adoption.  I am just concerned that the parent may die at an inconvenient time for the childs age, but if you adopt, then there are no worries - if you do it right.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
I can't even remember when I got married. I'm guessing around
30. It was such an unimportant event. Never want spawnlets though.

I'd kill the little shits.

richard

kids rule. and will almost always tell you the truth

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
kids rule. and will almost always tell you the truth

Uh...ok. The little lying shits deserve to be near me.