Educational

Author Topic: boys are better  (Read 11119 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: boys are better
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2007, 01:15:42 AM »
On the other hand, I've pretty much outgrown
my tantrums. And I can't really handle them well
in others, especially if they threaten possessions.
This was one of my biggest gripes about a couple
of my ex's: they'd make it so that I couldn't just escape
from their threats. The one went so far as to put me
in a position where she got exactly the attention she
was craving - and it damn near destroyed both of us.

I'm still alive though.

Oh no, I mean tantrum like telling someone to f$%& off and that's about it.

Threats are useless.  If you don't like it, get out...that's my theory.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2007, 01:23:47 AM »
Oh. That's not a tantrum.
That's just being bitchy.
My wife did that regularly.
Me too. Kind of what I meant
by sulking, actually.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #227 on: May 06, 2007, 04:01:49 AM »
I've highlighted some of the comments, but I think it's pretty clear to all of us what you think.

It's only "pretty clear" simply because you've highlighted some of the comments and are purposefully interpreting them in such a way as to further your own faulty perception of what I say.

Just to name one example of what I mean: the winking smiley after the comment about the thread being of poor quality because "women have posted in it" would indicate the statement to be a humorous one and intended as a joke. Yet you purposefully misinterpret what I write just to further your own skewed interpretation of my posts and what you want them to mean. I won't pursue it, though. You're free to make of it what you feel you have to.

If that quote with the smiley had been the only post on the subject, it would be easy to interpret it as a joke. As things stand, your other comments render your "joke" dishonest.

Your actual views on women are painfully clear, unfortunately.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #228 on: May 06, 2007, 04:14:47 AM »
I've highlighted some of the comments, but I think it's pretty clear to all of us what you think.

It's only "pretty clear" simply because you've highlighted some of the comments and are purposefully interpreting them in such a way as to further your own faulty perception of what I say.

Just to name one example of what I mean: the winking smiley after the comment about the thread being of poor quality because "women have posted in it" would indicate the statement to be a humorous one and intended as a joke. Yet you purposefully misinterpret what I write just to further your own skewed interpretation of my posts and what you want them to mean. I won't pursue it, though. You're free to make of it what you feel you have to.

If that quote with the smiley had been the only post on the subject, it would be easy to interpret it as a joke. As things stand, your other comments render your "joke" dishonest.

Your actual views on women are painfully clear, unfortunately.

Isn't it more painful that his views are true? I have the same experiences. So has my brother, who is an NT, and many of his NT friends. It's not even an AS thing.

Offline zer0

• Constant Poster
  • The Great Korvhund-o
    • Bento & Starchky dot com
« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2007, 04:24:35 AM »
Isn't it more painful that his views are true? I have the same experiences. So has my brother, who is an NT, and many of his NT friends. It's not even an AS thing.

Actually, I've never claimed that "all women are idiots". Odeon fully supplied that part by projecting his own, erroneous opinions of me onto what I've posted in this thread so far. As stated by me earlier, it becomes "obvious" only through his elaborate twisting of my opinions. If you alter the highlights in the text examples quoted by him earlier, you'll see what I mean.

Here's Odeon's version:

It does sound like Swedish women are more stupid than American ones, yes. Then again, I have only little experience with American women, so I can't say for sure if your observation is accurate or not.

Here's my version:

It does sound like Swedish women are more stupid than American ones, yes. Then again, I have only little experience with American women, so I can't say for sure if your observation is accurate or not.

See. No prejudice, no being judgemental over people I've never met. Rather, I clearly state I've seldom met any American women and therefore can't pass judgement on them. It all comes down to what parts of the text you choose to highlight. Odeon wants to view me in a way that is not correct, and so twists what I say in ridiculous angles. We all see what we want to see, I guess.
Den som läser detta är dum.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2007, 04:26:48 AM »
We all see what we want to see, I guess.

Naw. They won't post crotch shots.

Litigious

« Reply #231 on: May 06, 2007, 04:28:34 AM »
I don't say that all women are idiots either. I can even admit that most women aren't idiots, at least not to my 100% knowledge. The women I have met through my life, though, have been more or less incredibly stupid, dishonest etc.

Offline zer0

• Constant Poster
  • The Great Korvhund-o
« Reply #232 on: May 06, 2007, 04:44:48 AM »
Several of my favorite teachers have been women, including several at the university I am attending. Among them was the teacher I had in English Literature last semester, when I got taken advantage of by female students. In retrospect, I have no idea why I didn't tell her about their freeloading off of me the way they did. I think I liked her so much I didn't want to make her sad by telling her that several of her students were essentially blind and deaf to the stuff she taught them.

Litigious

« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2007, 05:08:08 AM »
Several of my favorite teachers have been women, including several at the university I am attending. Among them was the teacher I had in English Literature last semester, when I got taken advantage of by female students. In retrospect, I have no idea why I didn't tell her about their freeloading off of me the way they did. I think I liked her so much I didn't want to make her sad by telling her that several of her students were essentially blind and deaf to the stuff she taught them.

The best dentists I've had have actually been women and also a couple of MDs. Though most university studying women that I've met have been stupid as saw dust.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2007, 05:14:03 AM »
Nothing to do with intelligence, but
I always feel MUCH more comfortable
with a female doctor.

Especially for proctology exams.

Offline paradox

• Constant Poster
  • babbling randomly in a reality near you
« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2007, 05:16:10 AM »
Most uni students are dumb as saw dust
I have never understood why it should be necessity to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or indeed why it should be necessity to prove it at all - Avon

Offline zer0

• Constant Poster
  • The Great Korvhund-o
« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2007, 05:19:56 AM »
Most uni students are dumb as saw dust

Uuuuuuhh, what?

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2007, 05:22:03 AM »
I pretty much agree with that, actually.

Luckily, my students have to be
reasonably intelligent to get where
they are. This summer though, I'll
be teaching a stupid excell/office
programming class, and I suspect
that there'll be a lot of chaff in it.

Probably won't look good if I fail
half of them either.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2007, 05:24:26 AM »
I don't say that all women are idiots either. I can even admit that most women aren't idiots, at least not to my 100% knowledge. The women I have met through my life, though, have been more or less incredibly stupid, dishonest etc.

I would say each gender has the tendency to be stupid, however on the whole I would say I don't particularly like a majority of females because I have heard their conversations about men, life, their children, among a million other things that just prove about 80% of them are psychotics.

I have also worked in predominently male industries and had to endure the damage of their preconcieved ideas of female intelligence....but I can certainly understand why females are often put down.  

I don't necessarily agree that either gender should be regarded as more intelligent than the other though.  I've met some intelligent men who go ga ga once a pair of boobs enter the room.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #239 on: May 06, 2007, 05:26:37 AM »
Probably won't look good if I fail
half of them either.

:grrr: Grade creep is a personal pet peeve. There are as many idiots among uni administrators as among students.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.