Author Topic: What do y'all do when logged in here? Besides PHing here.  (Read 880 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What do y'all do when logged in here? Besides PHing here.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 07:26:42 PM »
callaway you sound like a fun mom :)

Thanks.  I try to let her have a lot of fun, but sometimes I can be pretty strict about some things too.  She did six of them and I put the other six away because she wrote "Snowball" instead of what she was supposed to write, to be silly.  She thinks I'm too strict, of course.

ozymandias

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 07:31:17 PM »
 :-X

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 08:07:22 PM »

Thanks.  I try to let her have a lot of fun, but sometimes I can be pretty strict about some things too.  She did six of them and I put the other six away because she wrote "Snowball" instead of what she was supposed to write, to be silly.  She thinks I'm too strict, of course.

My son got in trouble with his teacher for being silly, today, too. He had a cartoon looking series of pictures with two frames to establish the story and the assignment was to draw the next event in the story.

He's quite a little artist (like his mom) and the first series was a boy walking, sees a coin and my son drew a dinosaur eating him.
In the next series a mom is taking food out of the oven her family is at the table, he drew the side of the house torn up and a dinosaur eating the people.
The third one a man was filling a bird feeder and sitting down to watch birds, when a dinosaur eats him.
I got a call from his teacher and she sent home a letter about him possibly having a bad day. The hell of it is that this was one of his best days and his sense of humour is often inappropriate. His drawings were amazing, but he did not follow the assignment. I had to support the teacher's grade and, at the same time, try to rescue his ego which was practically destroyed from all the negative attention of his teachers.

Ho hum ... being a mom takes talent and those who do it well have my respect.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 08:16:51 PM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 11:29:18 PM »
Next, I will be supervising a bath!   ;D

You could supervise my bath.  ;)

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 11:40:25 PM »

My son got in trouble with his teacher for being silly, today, too. He had a cartoon looking series of pictures with two frames to establish the story and the assignment was to draw the next event in the story.

He's quite a little artist (like his mom) and the first series was a boy walking, sees a coin and my son drew a dinosaur eating him.
In the next series a mom is taking food out of the oven her family is at the table, he drew the side of the house torn up and a dinosaur eating the people.
The third one a man was filling a bird feeder and sitting down to watch birds, when a dinosaur eats him.
I got a call from his teacher and she sent home a letter about him possibly having a bad day. The hell of it is that this was one of his best days and his sense of humour is often inappropriate. His drawings were amazing, but he did not follow the assignment. I had to support the teacher's grade and, at the same time, try to rescue his ego which was practically destroyed from all the negative attention of his teachers.

I love your son, Calamity Jane.  He made up an ending for each story, which is just what the teacher asked him to do.  I would be cheering for his creativity as well as his love for dinosaurs.  That teacher could make every lesson about dinosaurs, just to teach him. 

At my daughter's new school, they were all stretching like dinosaurs in their PE class yesterday, because some of them love dinosaurs so much, and I think that's great.  I asked my daughter to show me how a dinosaur stretches and she said, "It depends on the dinosaur."   :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 11:49:22 PM »
Next, I will be supervising a bath!   ;D

You could supervise my bath.  ;)

Did you know that you can make foaming kid's shampoo with an old foaming shampoo bottle and some baby shampoo mixed with water?   

Hold out your hands. 

* Callaway fills Calandale's outstreched hands with foaming baby shampoo, answers a million questions while he rubs shampoo on his hair on the top of his head, helps him shampoo the back while he protests that he wants to do it "all by himself" and helps him rinse out all the shampoo with a hand shower.

:green:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 11:56:15 PM »
You know, I really wouldn't mind that.

Scrapheap

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 12:09:33 AM »
Drinking vodka

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 12:25:58 AM »
Drinking vodka

You're a bad influence. I already had one martini tonight.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 01:41:53 AM »

I love your son, Calamity Jane.  He made up an ending for each story, which is just what the teacher asked him to do.  I would be cheering for his creativity as well as his love for dinosaurs.  That teacher could make every lesson about dinosaurs, just to teach him. 

At my daughter's new school, they were all stretching like dinosaurs in their PE class yesterday, because some of them love dinosaurs so much, and I think that's great.  I asked my daughter to show me how a dinosaur stretches and she said, "It depends on the dinosaur."   :laugh:
Of course, it depends.
And of course, I praised my son's creativity and his drawing ability and his love and knowledge of dinosaurs (which I feed constantly by making, almost every lesson I can teach him, about dinosaurs) and his willingness to make a fun thing out of some insanely "easy for him" task, but he also had to concede that his teacher's directions were not followed, exactly, to the letter (following directions is an area of development, right now) and his little "exercise in continuity" assignment (they are actually writing a book as the year progresses and this is part of the planning lessons, but it's way too simple for him - he was beyond this stage in pre-kinder) was not completed yet. He argued that the boy had already picked up the coin in his picture, but you couldn't tell, because the dinosaur has already eaten that part of him and his pockets. He's my boy. Also that the family illustration was done in the dining room after the food was served and he was right - he included the broken table legs on the floor next to the father's severed legs. He had put a lot of thought into it. I had to praise him some more, while reminding him about the continuity lesson the teacher was trying to teach with the worksheet. (Evil Mr. Mom!)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:52:36 AM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 02:39:49 AM »
Drinking vodka

Absolut? You had in your signature on WP that you drank that.  8)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 03:14:14 AM »
DD, you can be my dad and Callaway can be my mum.

So, dad, mum said that you'd give me my allowance for this week. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 04:18:41 AM »
DD, you can be my dad and Callaway can be my mum.

So, dad, mum said that you'd give me my allowance for this week. ;D
I must have misunderstood you. For a moment, there, I thought you said, "give".

Litigious

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 04:39:45 AM »
Oh, this isn't just a hangman rope sneak scum-on-top Playboy, oy vey, SODOMY forum -- it's also an INCEST forum for you shameless Parroting Puppet underlings!  :o :insane: :tantrum:

Scrapheap

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 08:27:14 AM »
Drinking vodka

Absolut? You had in your signature on WP that you drank that.  8)

Nah, not this time, I was drinking Blue Ice (American Potato vodka).