Educational

Author Topic: Have you ever felt like you wanted to move another country  (Read 4712 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Have you ever felt like you wanted to move another country
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2007, 06:30:47 AM »
I'd like to move to China temporarily to go slap the chink that screwed me on ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't even return my item because the return address is in Chinese and ebay suspended him/ her for probably not sending what you ordered.

It was a couple of Chinese rip offs that made me give up on ebay. One of them was bootleg movies offered as real.
I have also been in some really deep and inspiring email conversations with a Chinese audiophile, who I sold some old German recording equipment to, through ebay earlier. Like everything else, there is good and bad in everyone, I think.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 06:32:44 AM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2007, 06:32:28 AM »
I'd like to move to China temporarily to go slap the chink that screwed me on ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't even return my item because the return address is in Chinese and ebay suspended him/ her for probably not sending what you ordered.

It was a couple of Chinese rip offs that made me give up on ebay. One of them was bootleg movies offered as real.
I have also been in some really deep and inspiring email conversations with a Chinese audiophile, who I sold some old German recording equipment to, earlier. Like everything else, there is good and bad in everyone, I think.
not with mexicans that drive semi tractors.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »
people were honest in america in during the 50's.

If I put it this way: when I was a kid we didn't even lock the front door at nights and usually not for going to the grocery store either. That was in the 70s and 80s. Today most people lock their doors just even for going over to the neighbours. This society has changed dramatically in less than 20 years.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 06:49:27 AM by Litigious »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2007, 06:41:27 AM »
I make sure the front door is locked even if I'm just going upstairs for a few minutes- when I was a kid we only locked the front door at bedtime.

Litigious

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2007, 06:48:38 AM »
I make sure the front door is locked even if I'm just going upstairs for a few minutes- when I was a kid we only locked the front door at bedtime.

That's what I mean. But instead of making it easier for law abiding people to defend themselves, if the worst would happen, they make it impossible or almost impossible, both in the UK and Sweden.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2007, 07:09:55 AM »
we lock, bolt and chain the front door.  then we set the alarm.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2007, 07:13:16 AM »
we lock, bolt and chain the front door.  then we set the alarm.

I know. Many people here do too. But it's sad. It was better when you could sleep with an unlocked front door, knowing that the risk that a burglar would just walk in was like 0.000001%.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2007, 07:13:49 AM »

That's what I mean. But instead of making it easier for law abiding people to defend themselves, if the worst would happen, they make it impossible or almost impossible, both in the UK and Sweden.

I don't think the problem is just that they make it harder for people to defend themselves, they also let too many criminals get away with what they do.

Litigious

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2007, 07:19:02 AM »

I don't think the problem is just that they make it harder for people to defend themselves, they also let too many criminals get away with what they do.

Yes, that's so sick. Many rapists, assaulters and murderers here are freed or get "punishments" that are an insult to the victim and to all law abiding people. The "justice" system is a fucking joke.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2007, 07:29:57 AM »

If I put it this way: when I was a kid we didn't even lock the front door at nights and usually not for going to the grocery store either. That was in the 70s and 80s. Today most people lock their doors just even for going over to the neighbours. This society has changed dramatically in less than 20 years.

Pretty much was the same here. But, my mom only started locking  her doors so the cops couldn't just wander in, and my dad regularly still leaves his open. I've been in cities enough of the time, so I feel I need to lock the door.

Litigious

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2007, 07:32:57 AM »

Pretty much was the same here. But, my mom only started locking  her doors so the cops couldn't just wander in, and my dad regularly still leaves his open. I've been in cities enough of the time, so I feel I need to lock the door.

Sure, but you have the means to defend yourselves, even against an armed burglar. Here you can go to jail even for using a legal gun in self-defense and most people don't even have a gun, since they're so hard to get legally.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2007, 07:35:14 AM »
What really annoys me about living here is that there's always someone who will steal anything that isn't nailed down- my daughter's scooter was stolen from outside the house a couple of years ago (it was even in good condition), as was a little scarecrow the kids bought for our planters (it was only worth about £2 but still someone stole it).

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2007, 07:44:27 AM »
What really annoys me about living here is that there's always someone who will steal anything that isn't nailed down- my daughter's scooter was stolen from outside the house a couple of years ago (it was even in good condition), as was a little scarecrow the kids bought for our planters (it was only worth about £2 but still someone stole it).
white trash.

the thing that annoys me is people who feel the need to spray paint their name, gang, or insignia on evey clean area of wall.
Misunderstood.

Offline In The spaGhetto

• minimalist
  • Constant Poster
  • I don't get people. What's their appeal precisely?
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2007, 07:45:43 AM »
yeah i think i might like to move away - maybe to italy or somewhere in asia or possibly usa. I've found that being with foreign speakers and getting by in a language which for one of us is not the mother tongue, it helps to "cover up" aspie type social difficulties.  An aspie-ish friend of mine is marrying a japanese girl and although she speaks pretty good english i think the language (and to an extend cultural) barriers actually help them get on since it camouflages any AS like problems
I glide through the social whirl with all the elegance of a dog in high heels.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2007, 07:48:07 AM »
I have visited Jamaica several times now, and now I just wish to take my son out of the country.  His dad is in prison for another five years so I can not get him a passport.  This leaves this summer when school lets out for me to grab the opportunity to take him to the Bahamas snorkeling on a cruise before this country goes completely passport on us!  You don't need a passport to go out of the country by land or sea until 01/08, going ANYWHERE by air requires a passport though already.  In a few years he'll appreciate another country more anyways, perhaps Brazil.

I looked here to see if there is a way to get a passport for a child without both parents being present at the time:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds3053/ds3053_846.html

Download this form.  Maybe one parent being in prison and unavailable could be considered a special circumstance, if you can't get the parent's consent and get it notarized when his parent is in prison.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/80106.pdf