Educational

Author Topic: i am so happpy i dont see  (Read 1315 times)

Litigious

Re: i am so happpy i dont see
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 03:22:10 AM »
The UK has banned single hand guns totally except for a couple of hundred Lords and "V.I.Ps". So why do crimes involving guns increase there? It isn't the Lords and V.I.P.s out there shooting at people, is it?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 03:28:08 AM »
I hope not. ;D Are the hand gun crimes on the rise there?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 03:34:53 AM »
I hope not. ;D Are the hand gun crimes on the rise there?

At least according to spaghetto, in another thread. I say like Scrap: "And how is it that you have gun violence in a country where guns are banned??"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 03:39:40 AM »
The UK has banned single hand guns totally except for a couple of hundred Lords and "V.I.Ps". So why do crimes involving guns increase there? It isn't the Lords and V.I.P.s out there shooting at people, is it?

This is why I asked, Lit. Maybe they've banned hand guns but have they banned ALL guns?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 03:46:29 AM »

This is why I asked, Lit. Maybe they've banned hand guns but have they banned ALL guns?

They have banned pistols, except for old muzzle loaders, but they haven't banned rifles and shot guns. "One hand guns" usually refers to pistols.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 06:01:22 AM »
32 people from one person is better than average but i am still not satisfied.  I think the word massacre should be reserved for like 100 people plus.

So anybody know the story on why he killed a few dozen people?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Litigious

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 06:11:46 AM »
32 people from one person is better than average but i am still not satisfied.  I think the word massacre should be reserved for like 100 people plus.

So anybody know the story on why he killed a few dozen people?

The say his fiancé had left him. He obviously killed her and her new boyfriend, but it's unclear why he killed the others.

Litigious

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 06:16:42 AM »
We actually do have a few "massacres" in Sweden as well, like the one when Second Lieutenant Mattias Flink went berserk 13 years ago. He actually did it out of broken love too.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 07:28:48 AM »
he was a chimk on a educational visa.

what i don't understand is why so many cowards just sat there, or ran, like cowards.
obviously he was shooting randomly.  he is in the hallway shooting one way, and i am to his side or back, i would charge the mother fucker and tackle him.
people just ran, like moving targets.  if my time was up, i am not going to die a cowards death.  he would have to shoot me in the chest just before i tackled him.
Misunderstood.

richard

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 10:32:05 AM »
yah right you pussy

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 10:54:07 AM »
He must have reloaded several times to shoot so many people.  How long does reloading take?

Maybe some of us are too sheep-like.

Litigious

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 10:58:42 AM »
He must have reloaded several times to shoot so many people.  How long does reloading take?

If you have a browning, that is, a pistol with the feed in the handle, it just takes a few seconds.

I guess that I would have tried to do as McJagger too, though I can't be 100% sure. Never been in such a situation.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 11:11:06 AM »

If you have a browning, that is, a pistol with the feed in the handle, it just takes a few seconds.

I guess that I would have tried to do as McJagger too, though I can't be 100% sure. Never been in such a situation.

Less than one half second, if you are in a speed pistol competition, with another magazine already in hand. You're talking about my game, now.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:22:15 AM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 11:19:52 AM »
OK.  ;)

duncvis

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 02:28:11 PM »
Yes, gun crime in the UK has risen in recent years. Handguns are illegal here, but a number of English cities (other than London, Nottingham, Manchester, Birmingham and Bradford spring to mind) are awash with illegal weapons. So on one hand we DO have the situation where the criminals and police have guns but the ordinary citizen doesn't - on the other hand, fewer teen gangs and hardly any chav wankers have guns either. I'd rather take my chances with a group of slack jawed twats knowing the best they can muster is likely to be a smallish knife or a broken bottle, rather than a pistol, since I can't have that taser I'd like. ;)