Author Topic: Question: What is wrong with someone who has Asperger's Syndrome?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Ouweird

• one
I have been diagnosed with it myself, but I stumbled across these forums, and you seem to give them a lot of shit.

Now, life as as Asperger's Syndrome sucks, I'm pretty sure this isn't up for debate. I myself, have never joined a group or website like WP, because I really don't see the point. I don't like the term NT, I don't. I don't often use the term Aspie. But, is there some satisfation you get from picking on someone who socially is unable to defend themselves? Why can't you let people vent about how shitty they think their lives are in peace, as long as they aren't bothering you, why does it matter?

God knows I get bothered enough by people outside, but then again high school sucks.

Am I missing something or is this just the universal human need superiority over something or someone? Those with Asperger's have no superiority in the outside world, and apparently, neither do the posters that tear them down for no reason.

Scrapheap

Re: Question: What is wrong with someone who has Asperger's Syndrome?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 12:25:19 PM »
Are you over 18 ??

Offline Ouweird

• one
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 12:29:01 PM »
Yeah, I wasn't saying I was in high school currently, I was saying that it was definitely difficult for me.

Offline Ouweird

• one
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 12:36:29 PM »
I don't mind if someone with AS gets arrogant and starts belittling people without it publicly, but wouldn't it be better to just, y'know, give people shit that deserve it and leave the rest of the people alone?

The_P

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 12:36:35 PM »
I have been diagnosed with it myself, but I stumbled across these forums, and you seem to give them a lot of shit.

I don't know where you got your information from, but this community is mostly comprised of autistics. It's a haven where we can express ourselves in any way we wish to. We do take the piss out of certain autistics, yes, but it's usually because of conflicting ideals/outlooks, not because of their autism.

Now, life as as Asperger's Syndrome sucks, I'm pretty sure this isn't up for debate. I myself, have never joined a group or website like WP, because I really don't see the point. I don't like the term NT, I don't. I don't often use the term Aspie. But, is there some satisfation you get from picking on someone who socially is unable to defend themselves? Why can't you let people vent about how shitty they think their lives are in peace, as long as they aren't bothering you, why does it matter?

We do usually, but come on, be realistic: When you post your woes in a public forum, you have made yourself vulnerable to any form of psychological attacks. If one cannot take criticism on the internet, one shouldn't bother trying to converse online with strangers then.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 12:42:41 PM by thepeaguy »

Scrapheap

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 12:38:56 PM »
Could you clarify what you mean in your first post. There's nothing specific there. People get ripped on here for acting like idiots. I've never seen anyone here attacked for no reason.

Offline Ouweird

• one
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 12:43:14 PM »
Could you clarify what you mean in your first post. There's nothing specific there. People get ripped on here for acting like idiots. I've never seen anyone here attacked for no reason.

I've just vandalised Wikipedias page about WP.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrong_Planet

I don't know where you got your information from, but this community is mostly comprised of autistics. It's a haven where we can express ourselves in any way we wish to. We do take the piss out of certain autistics, yes, but it's because of conflicting ideals/outlooks, not because of their autism.

I got this idea from briefly scanning the boards, lots of various uncalled (at least at face value) for attacks on other communities. Didn't KNOW this community is mostly autistic. Seems like something important I missed though. (heh.)

The_P

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 12:48:50 PM »

You faggot.

Offline Ouweird

• one
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 12:51:24 PM »
Either way, I apologize for coming in without proper information, seems, (overall, still typical internet immaturity, but users should be used to that like stated earlier) like a rational place.

Scrapheap

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 12:59:53 PM »

You faggot.

I'm not the faggot if I'm on top remember ??  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 01:02:38 PM »
LOL, this is a first. Seems we all can pass for normal online.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

The_P

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 01:13:40 PM »

You faggot.

I'm not the faggot if I'm on top remember ??  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

If I were homosexual, I guarantee that I would be the dominant one when it comes to you.

The_P

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 01:20:16 PM »
Either way, I apologize for coming in without proper information, seems, (overall, still typical internet immaturity, but users should be used to that like stated earlier) like a rational place.

No problem.

*takes you to corner*

Now, did I ever tell you the time where I used to be one of the infamous flamers of WP and Intensity? Ah, the good ol' days...

Scrapheap

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 01:49:42 PM »
If I were homosexual, I guarantee that I would be the dominant one when it comes to you.

- for lack of originality. You can do better than that peegai

hey your karma is now  :69:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 02:32:05 PM »

Forget it.

What else ya got?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.