Author Topic: British Aspie site  (Read 9924 times)

Offline esme456

• Incessant Poster
Re: British Aspie site
« Reply #285 on: April 17, 2007, 05:17:07 PM »
Lol true, true...

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #286 on: April 17, 2007, 06:54:26 PM »
"totally deffed out"

sounds like a brummie expression to me.. getting totally ignored

..... like the word deaf, but deliberately misspelled to imply ignorance? 

..... similar to saying, you "axed" the bitch a'nass lack to humm it, instead of "asking"?

....... but, what's a brummie? We have rummies.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #287 on: April 17, 2007, 06:59:57 PM »
Lol true, true...

You have a very cute and mischievious smile, Esme. I like it, but you should not have run the picture through that "get older" Java thing that Spag posted.

(OK, now that was a joke. I thought I should point that out, since we have problems communicating. You're cute.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:01:59 PM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #288 on: April 17, 2007, 07:10:44 PM »
esme,
i don't understand why you keep saying that you didn't do it for the attention (anything you've done).  it's quite obvious to me that you are an attention whore.
so am i.
if you quit living in denial, i may just welcome you to the club.
Misunderstood.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #289 on: April 18, 2007, 02:19:28 AM »
Lol true, true...

You have a very cute and mischievious smile, Esme. I like it, but you should not have run the picture through that "get older" Java thing that Spag posted.

(OK, now that was a joke. I thought I should point that out, since we have problems communicating. You're cute.)

OUCH!!  lol, glad its a joke!

For what its worth I really enjoyed the Snowcake day - I didnt mind sitting listening to Phil and Andrews blah, and I loved the film.  I was a bit "over sensory" in Pizza Hut - It was so bright, nosiy crowded.  I don't think I talked or noticed anyone , but I was sorry to hear that you were upset there later.   

RE the eggshells thing - feel like this on AV a bit now, because of my new years rant.  What I don't think people got is I really dont't mind people not replying to my posts - I see a post as casting a fishing line - if people are intrested great, if not, try another.  But to invite me to a real life meetup and then have those 2 make a point to ignore me ( which is what i interpreted), upset me.  But, I have accepted that those 2 have AS and that I possibly misinterpreted them, and am trying to wip my slate clean re. AV behaviour. 

But really, anyone on AV can feel free to ignore my posts - if it doen't relate to them, I won't mind!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 02:27:10 AM by La_Mala »

Offline esme456

• Incessant Poster
« Reply #290 on: April 18, 2007, 04:54:08 AM »
Thanks Calamity  :)

I might add that it is a fluke 'good' photo of me tho lol

It was taken when I was ill with flu at the time so Im possibly delerious and hence looking happy lol

Brummie is the term used to refer to a person from Birmingham, one of the largest cities in UK after London

It might be the '2nd (largest) City' but I think it's in competition with Manchester for that

I come from Wolverhampton, which is in the West Midlands area (centre of UK) of which Birmingham is a part

But, and this is a very important but, Wolverhampton is also classed as coming under an area called The Black Country, of which Birmingham is not a part and yet the term 'Brummie' is often used to refer to anything in the general West Midlands/Midlands area which is not very accurate as Black Country peope have a very much more down to earth character to people from Birmingham, who are more urban I'd say.  Each town in the Black Coutnry has it's own specific dialect/character in my opinion.

Also when people try and take off a Brummie accent, it's invariably a Dudley one that they actually do
- this is irritating as well

Lenny Henry the comedian has the typical Dudley accent

Offline esme456

• Incessant Poster
« Reply #291 on: April 18, 2007, 05:00:51 AM »
Yes I think I am an attention-seeker McJagger but I am also incredibly shy and retiring in the average social situation
so there's a conflict

Offline esme456

• Incessant Poster
« Reply #292 on: April 18, 2007, 05:02:49 AM »
'You have a very cute and mischievious smile, Esme. I like it, but you should not have run the picture through that "get older" Java thing that Spag posted.'

I don't understand this Calamity - these jokes are wasted on me  :'(

Do you mean I do look older?

I'm glad you enjoyed the meet Tom

You are far more easy-going than me

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #293 on: April 18, 2007, 05:11:26 AM »

I just know how fixated you seem to be about how people look or don't look, so I thought I would let you off the hook and remind you that you are accepted. The joke was about other statements you have made, but not wasted, trust me.;)

Offline esme456

• Incessant Poster
« Reply #294 on: April 18, 2007, 05:18:13 AM »
Ok thanks  :)

Offline Kahless

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #295 on: April 21, 2007, 01:13:14 PM »
Really annoyed I couldn't make the AV meet up, but couldn't make it as I've had £1200 nicked from my bank and was sorting it all out that week. Good to see you here spaghetto.
Lord of the Londerground

Offline In The spaGhetto

• minimalist
  • Constant Poster
  • I don't get people. What's their appeal precisely?
« Reply #296 on: April 21, 2007, 01:14:02 PM »
hey mr K.

how are you doing now?
I glide through the social whirl with all the elegance of a dog in high heels.

Offline Kahless

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #297 on: April 21, 2007, 01:34:57 PM »
Oh better now thanks, it's taken ages to get the police to take the incident seriously. Finally now CID is involved though, I think I have to go again tomorrow morning to answer more questions about the whole thing.

Not rang many people though yet as I know everyone keeps asking about it.

Main thing is to get my money back and phone replaced on insurance. If they catch them it's a bonus though I'm a little wary given that they were a gang of criminals.
Lord of the Londerground

Offline In The spaGhetto

• minimalist
  • Constant Poster
  • I don't get people. What's their appeal precisely?
« Reply #298 on: April 21, 2007, 01:44:45 PM »
the police didn't take something like that seriously!!? wtf?
good to hear progress is finally being made though. Sorry you lost so much money as well. still seems like they did a hell of a lot for not *all* that much (for them) compared to the trouble they went to..

really hope you weren't hurt or anything

let me know the details for tuesday btw
I glide through the social whirl with all the elegance of a dog in high heels.

Offline Kahless

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #299 on: April 21, 2007, 03:31:42 PM »
Blady hell your post count is pretty high for someone that's only been here a week!

The main thing for me is to get my money & phone back. If they catch them it's a bonus though I'm wary as these gangs use violence. Look at the arrests they made in Harleseden for example.

I think we are now going to meet on Wednesday instead in a pub in Farringdon, will post details on the clubbing group.

Anyone else here want to join us in the pub this Wednesday night in central London? We afe all very safe, high functioning aspies

The first Intensity Squared London meetup?

Do you use MSN messenger? If so PM me your ID.
Lord of the Londerground