Educational

Author Topic: Aspies For Freedom  (Read 4410 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Aspies For Freedom
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »
From being committed? Some people around here need to be committed.  :laugh:
Thats exactly the problem, most of the people involved are far from level headed.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2008, 11:57:56 AM »
Where does the commitment come from?
Common cause and real conviction. The only conviction people in the Autism rights stuff at present is directed at inflating ones ego, often at expense of each others.

The expense is not even noticed, but I have to admit, we agree in principle again, kiddo.

:plus:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2008, 02:25:23 PM »
The place has sure gotten interesting there. There is a member there who throws fits and I picture her as a six year old by the way she acts. She was on WP as Princess_1989 but was banned for making sockpuppets and flaming members. She took her life to AFF and posts as NewMissZealand (I think that's correct).

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2008, 02:26:18 PM »
Common cause and real conviction. The only conviction people in the Autism rights stuff at present is directed at inflating ones ego, often at expense of each others.

True, but inevitable, for the most part.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2008, 09:54:38 PM »

Do any of you watch the blogosphere and autistics.org? Have you followed Michelle Dawson's case in Canada?

They seem to be a lot more productive over there than I've seen among the forum communities. Both the forums and the blogosphere are groups of autistics, both range across the spectrum in functioning levels. They ought to have similar causes and levels of conviction, but they don't.

I'm interested in why.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2008, 10:00:54 PM »
My blog is part of the Autism Hub. Boy are there ever some arguments on there!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2008, 10:29:42 PM »
Hm, now I'm wondering if I'm just thinking the grass is greener on the other side.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2008, 10:55:09 PM »
I think that some people are all too ready for an argument at any time. Arguing for the sake of arguing which doesn't make sense if you want to get things done.

I am on the Autism Hub mailing list as well but I am thinking of unlinking myself because of all the attacking and arguing on it. A woman's point of view was attacked and they never actually told her they disagreed, just squabbled about it amongst themselves.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2008, 12:43:44 AM »
I think that some people are all too ready for an argument at any time. Arguing for the sake of arguing which doesn't make sense if you want to get things done.

thank fuck we haven't got anyone like that on here.

er...

I am on the Autism Hub mailing list as well but I am thinking of unlinking myself because of all the attacking and arguing on it. A woman's point of view was attacked and they never actually told her they disagreed, just squabbled about it amongst themselves.

ditto?

:laugh:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2008, 01:53:21 AM »

Do any of you watch the blogosphere and autistics.org? Have you followed Michelle Dawson's case in Canada?

They seem to be a lot more productive over there than I've seen among the forum communities. Both the forums and the blogosphere are groups of autistics, both range across the spectrum in functioning levels. They ought to have similar causes and levels of conviction, but they don't.

I'm interested in why.
Medium counts so much less than whom. Michelle Dawson has been in quite a lot of national and international media. Therefore she has some sort of percieved legitimacy. Personally I really dont think she is massively effective, just more effective than some others.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2008, 01:55:37 AM »

The expense is not even noticed, but I have to admit, we agree in principle again, kiddo.

:plus:
:)
Interesting you mention expense. For a small group of committed people its not a problem per se, campaigning can be done in a surprisingly cheap manner. It costs very little to set up a stall in the street, or to print leaflets. Say if each member donated £100 to the cause they could do an awful lot. For a committed person it would not be that much money, if they truely believed in the cause.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2008, 05:40:27 PM »

thank fuck we haven't got anyone like that on here.

er...
ditto?

:laugh:
Sorry, I don't understand.  :-\
Tek'ma'tae

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2008, 05:42:56 PM »
I registered to be with Jessica, but I only went like two times I think.  It makes feel lonely, because there isn't 50 people talking at once :laugh:
Maybe no one is there.  I am rather stimulating person, I bet I could get them moving.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2008, 12:54:33 AM »
Go on Randy! AFF needs you. Get into them Randy! :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing: :asthing:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2008, 02:06:35 AM »
:LMAO: