Author Topic: Democrats' foriegn policy follies.  (Read 2105 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Democrats' foriegn policy follies.
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2007, 07:40:08 AM »
There is a reaction.
Then comes a opposite equal or worse reaction.
so politicians should tread carefully, or not at all.

Oh, I wish more Swedes would have that attitude. More Americans too, for that matter, but especially more Swedes.  :(

i mean this in a societal sense.

individuals should always act.... in their best interest.

What do you think about guys like these? http://www.kysm.org/mission.htm

sounds to me as if they take the original intent of the Constitution seriously.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2007, 07:42:28 AM »
There is a reaction.
Then comes a opposite equal or worse reaction.
so politicians should tread carefully, or not at all.

Oh, I wish more Swedes would have that attitude. More Americans too, for that matter, but especially more Swedes.  :(

i mean this in a societal sense.

individuals should always act.... in their best interest.

What do you think about guys like these? http://www.kysm.org/mission.htm

sounds to me as if they take the original intent of the Constitution seriously.

Yep. That link was posted on a Swedish board i visit, though, by a guy who wanted to ridicule Americans...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2007, 07:45:11 AM »
what is there to make fun of?

We accept and welcome all who wish to preserve our freedoms and maintain a civilization we can be proud to leave our children and grandchildren; regardless of race, sex, or religion. We maintain a firm belief that every man, woman, or family may live, worship, and teach their children as they wish for so long as it respects the personal rights and beliefs of others. Every individual is entitled to his or her own opinion and is under no requirement to explain that opinion to others. However, as a group, KSM  will not tolerate racism, anti-Semitism, or prejudice of sex. All are welcome and will be treated with respect. If you are interested, but have reservations based on the stereotypical, "militias are hate mongers, racists, and backwoods idiots running around shooting in the woods," descriptions constantly purported in our liberal news medias, then I challenge you personally to see for yourself. Your privacy is assured and there are no records or paper trails that can be used to track our members.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2007, 07:50:49 AM »

We accept and welcome all who wish to preserve our freedoms and maintain a civilization we can be proud to leave our children and grandchildren; regardless of race, sex, or religion. We maintain a firm belief that every man, woman, or family may live, worship, and teach their children as they wish for so long as it respects the personal rights and beliefs of others. Every individual is entitled to his or her own opinion and is under no requirement to explain that opinion to others. However, as a group, KSM  will not tolerate racism, anti-Semitism, or prejudice of sex. All are welcome and will be treated with respect. If you are interested, but have reservations based on the stereotypical, "militias are hate mongers, racists, and backwoods idiots running around shooting in the woods," descriptions constantly purported in our liberal news medias, then I challenge you personally to see for yourself. Your privacy is assured and there are no records or paper trails that can be used to track our members.

You don't understand the Swedish mentality. Swedes usually think that anyone joining a private militia must be a total nut.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2007, 08:01:29 AM »

You don't understand the Swedish mentality. Swedes usually think that anyone joining a private militia must be a total nut.

i think i get odeon.  is he a typical swede?
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2007, 08:03:03 AM »

The fact that they see the Southern Poverty Law Center and Anti Defamation League as threats to personal freedom make you wonder how hollow that is. I was about to say they sounded like a fucking good idea until I spotted those on their list of threats.

Litigious

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2007, 08:05:40 AM »

Yes, he's probably the most typical Swede among the four of us here. I'm the most untypical Swede.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2007, 08:16:03 AM »
so then, i dx odeon as ST (Swedish Typical).

edit:
i only notice the missing letters once someone quotes me.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 08:21:02 AM by McJagger »
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2007, 08:19:03 AM »
so then i dx odeon as ST (Swedish Typical).

Yep.  8)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 08:29:40 AM by Litigious »

Litigious

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2007, 08:33:25 AM »
I really have no idea why Swedes are so much anti-guns, by the way. The legislation is about as old and as restrictive as in most European countries, but guns have been pretty "impopular" in Sweden for about a century or so. It might have something to do with the peace movement being so early and so strong in Sweden.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2007, 12:51:03 PM »

But I do follow it closely.

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/editorial/weekiniraq/

This is an activist site with an obvious agenda. Can you do better ??

Actually their numbers are quite moderate. Have you seen the Lancet study?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2007, 12:53:31 PM »
.......war is not something to be proud of. It doesn't make a nation great.

There's 6000 years of recorded human history that contradicts this.

Many great thinkers (The Chinese General Sun Tzu comes to mind) have said that the primary reason nations exist is to create the capacity to fight wars. War is something every successful nation must engage in.

If a dead Chinese guy thinks so, then it must be true! :o
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2007, 12:59:49 PM »

Yes, he's probably the most typical Swede among the four of us here. I'm the most untypical Swede.

I'm not typically Swedish at all. Your statement tells us a lot more about you than it does about me.

First of all, while I live in Sweden, I'm a Finn. The Swedish citizenship happened because the Finnish military tried to draft me when I was 17. Long story.

I really have no idea why Swedes are so much anti-guns, by the way. The legislation is about as old and as restrictive as in most European countries, but guns have been pretty "impopular" in Sweden for about a century or so. It might have something to do with the peace movement being so early and so strong in Sweden.

Or it might be that some of us actually realize that the use for guns is pretty damned limited.

Give peace a chance, man.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2007, 02:02:20 PM »

I'm not typically Swedish at all. Your statement tells us a lot more about you than it does about me.

First of all, while I live in Sweden, I'm a Finn. The Swedish citizenship happened because the Finnish military tried to draft me when I was 17. Long story.

Do they typically draft 17 year old boys, or was there some sort of mix-up?

Litigious

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2007, 02:10:06 PM »

Do they typically draft 17 year old boys, or was there some sort of mix-up?

I don't even think it's legal to draft 17 year old boys, maybe it was back then, though.