Author Topic: Democrats' foriegn policy follies.  (Read 2103 times)

Litigious

Re: Democrats' foriegn policy follies.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 04:08:16 AM »
Anarchy! :arrr: :woohoo: :flamer:

duncvis

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 04:10:55 AM »
:arrr: :arrr: :arrr:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 04:33:16 AM »
Considering how many lives that are lost in Iraq every day, both American, Iraqi, and otherwise, I doubt withdrawing the troops would make things worse. It's a war the US cannot win.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 04:34:37 AM »
No matter who you vote for, the fucking politicians always seem to get in. Power to the people!

I agree. if we pull a coup, and install myself as leader of the USA, and purge all of the politicos to gulags in Alaska things would work MUCH better.
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Litigious

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 04:38:14 AM »
Considering how many lives that are lost in Iraq every day, both American, Iraqi, and otherwise, I doubt withdrawing the troops would make things worse. It's a war the US cannot win.

Some people always blame the US, though. Who'd have cleaned up the shit in Ex-Yugoslavia, if not the Yanks? Not Sweden, anyway.  ::)

Litigious

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 04:39:41 AM »
No matter who you vote for, the fucking politicians always seem to get in. Power to the people!

I agree. if we pull a coup, and install myself as leader of the USA, and purge all of the politicos to gulags in Alaska things would work MUCH better.

I think aspie dictatorship is the best. I'd like to become leader of Europe and deport all NT politicians in Brussels and Stockholm to Siberia.  :evillaugh: 8)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 05:27:30 AM »

Some people always blame the US, though. Who'd have cleaned up the shit in Ex-Yugoslavia, if not the Yanks? Not Sweden, anyway.  ::)

That particular issue was, and still is, far more complex than that.

As for Iraq, the US is not without blame. Nobody forced Bush to attack; he lied to start the war.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 05:35:51 AM »
Sweden has, at least not for about 200 years, done something to be proud of. It has, however, done a lot to be ashamed of, like passively and actively help more powerful nations, more than once dictatorships. America fought the nazis. Sweden let them pass through to the front after that our neighbour countries had been occupied by them. After the war, Sweden handed over POWs from Germany and the Baltic states to the Soviet Union, to face death in prison camps. How brave!  ::)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 06:05:42 AM »
Lit, apart from us talking about two different issues (and I really think that Iraq in 2002 had nothing to do with Germany in 1939 or 1941), war is not something to be proud of. It doesn't make a nation great.

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 06:10:35 AM »
I don't think that a nation like Sweden, with a history of more or less collaboration with dictatorships, should have the right to throw the first rock.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 06:14:38 AM »
I don't think that a nation like Sweden, with a history of more or less collaboration with dictatorships, should have the right to throw the first rock.

???

We don't. It's been years since we were part of any war. What's this gotta do with anything?

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 06:17:40 AM »

???

We don't. It's been years since we were part of any war. What's this gotta do with anything?

What I mean is that Sweden is one of the first countries to criticize other contries' foreign policy, especially the US and Israel, though Sweden has no reason to be proud of its own international behaviour. Sweden has licked to much dictator arse to be in any position to judge other countries...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2007, 06:37:31 AM »
I strongly disagree. Having avoided the second world war does not mean that we cannot criticize the US for starting a war on false grounds.

Free speech is free speech, Lit. You can't have it both ways.

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2007, 06:43:58 AM »
All I mean is that Sweden always has opinions, not just on the war in Iraq, but on everything, and it usually condemns the US and Israel and speaks very "moralistic", as some from higher point of view. But Sweden hasn't got more morals than other countries, rather on the contrary. It has nothing to do with free speech. Such behavior is called hypocracy.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 07:07:19 AM »
I ask again: how is this opinion of yours relevant to the discussion at hand?

- Albert Einstein