Author Topic: Post your top sources of depression and self-hatred.  (Read 1226 times)

The_P

Re: Post your top sources of depression and self-hatred.
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 08:23:51 AM »
I get knocked down, but I get up again, and you're never gonna keep me down.

Dannny-boy, Danny-boy, Dannny-booooyy...

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 04:42:53 PM »
The feds, the feds are co-oming....
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 04:46:18 PM »
What a cheerful thread. I thought I was on WP for a second...

I do my best not to think of mine, it isn't helpful. So I won't be participating, just awarding this thread the title of most depressing game in the history of Intensity²...

I don't think this is an uncheerful thread.  I'd rate it under self depracating humor.  Not as in a joke, but that is what I was feeling when I started it.

duncvis

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 05:22:35 PM »
If you don't think this is an uncheerful thread, I envy you. Personally, I deal with the things I don't like about my situation or myself by either a) working on them, or b) ignoring them completely. What I don't do is think about them, That's not conducive to having the mental energy to actually fight the depression instead of moping around like some fucking emo.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 05:50:06 PM »
did someone just say emo?

this is a job for the antu-emo squad.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 06:48:42 PM »
Interesting. I don't get the humor, but I would use a thread like this to try to figure out more about a person. Or to observe the trends in what people commonly think they don't like about themselves (which often isn't accurate).

Dunc's got a point about saving the energy for working on things. But I still say better to be aware than to live in blissful ignorance. Aware and accepting is more balanced than running madly in the opposite direction.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 07:42:58 PM »
Well, the line that I think seperates this from emo(god I hate that term), is that I am not bitching about it.  I am not crying and whining about my problems and the world around me.  I am just recounting my main sources for feeling bad about myself.  What I kind of wanted to go on in this thread is for people to post their sources and have somebody else go, "that depresses you?  Shit that is like number 12 for me.  Hell that starts going into the negative part of the scale for me, I actually have a degree of pride about that."

duncvis

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007, 09:30:51 PM »
Interesting. I don't get the humor, but I would use a thread like this to try to figure out more about a person. Or to observe the trends in what people commonly think they don't like about themselves (which often isn't accurate).

Dunc's got a point about saving the energy for working on things. But I still say better to be aware than to live in blissful ignorance. Aware and accepting is more balanced than running madly in the opposite direction.

True - a little self-awareness is generally a good thing as far as charting a course out of the shit is concerned, but aware and accepting implies that those attributes are no longer a source of depression or self-loathing. Myself, at 31 there are a lot of things which were a source of stress as a young lad that I have long since got my head round.. Ignoring the stuff you can't do anything about right now ('your message of loathing is important to us. you have been placed in a queue and will be dealt with as soon as I have a few brain cells spare for you') is good mental hygiene as far as I'm concerned, like closing the door on a cupboard you don't have time to clear out until you do have time.

duncvis

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 09:35:52 PM »
Well, the line that I think seperates this from emo(god I hate that term), is that I am not bitching about it.  I am not crying and whining about my problems and the world around me.  I am just recounting my main sources for feeling bad about myself.  What I kind of wanted to go on in this thread is for people to post their sources and have somebody else go, "that depresses you?  Shit that is like number 12 for me.  Hell that starts going into the negative part of the scale for me, I actually have a degree of pride about that."

To clarify my meaning - this thread isn't necessarily emo in itself, but it could certainly trigger outbreaks of negative emo thinking, the subject matter is pretty depressing unless you're pretty detached from your own anxieties. Not everyone has your appetite for picking scabs Nomaken.

Teejay

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2007, 09:46:46 PM »
1. Not putting in as much I think I should
2. Feeling like a kid among my peers
3. Embrassing Memories
4. Not being able to socialize
5. Haven't held down a job for very long
6. Being on welfare benefits and my family as well.
7. Feeling I am inferior to others

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2007, 09:54:20 PM »
i know you are but what am i.
What do You want to be?
Guardian of the Empire

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 10:44:23 PM »
me.
Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2007, 10:46:57 AM »
True - a little self-awareness is generally a good thing as far as charting a course out of the shit is concerned, but aware and accepting implies that those attributes are no longer a source of depression or self-loathing. (...) Ignoring the stuff you can't do anything about right now  is good mental hygiene as far as I'm concerned, like closing the door on a cupboard you don't have time to clear out until you do have time.

But how are you going to compensate for them, and try not to make mistakes based on them, if you don't know what they are?

Or maybe what I'm thinking of is just being detached from your anxieties, which isn't necessarily to everyone's taste.

('your message of loathing is important to us. you have been placed in a queue and will be dealt with as soon as I have a few brain cells spare for you')

:LOL:  :LOL: That goes on my favorite quotes list.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 11:49:41 AM »
me.

That's what I was going to say (about myself), or, possibly:

1.  My past
2.  My present
3.  My future

Obviously, lots of women feel the same, and need to drown this pain in diamonds:

it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.