Author Topic: Harry Potter help  (Read 552 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Harry Potter help
« on: February 01, 2007, 05:30:06 AM »
ok, so who is RAB?

and is snape really a bad guy or was he using occulemency on Dumbledore and did what he was supposed to.
Misunderstood.

Graelwyn

Re: Harry Potter help
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 10:11:03 AM »
Hmm, well no-one can say for sure who RAB is...or is it revealed in book 6, I am trying to recall. I remember the huge debates raging over this when OOTP came out. I believe though, that it is Regulus Black, relation of Sirius and Bellatrix, and believed to have been killed in an earlier war with Voldemort. I used to know his full name actually, but almost all Hp readers pretty much concluded that is who it must be.

As to Snape, I am assuming you mean what he did to Dumbledore in book 6? If so, that is one of the hottest debates raging between Hp fans. If you ever glance around and find a site called Mugglenet, you will find a lot of threads there on this, I imagine, and some very interesting. No-one yet knows if Snape is bad or good, though I prefer to think he is a mixture of both and has simply become a victim to his own fatal flaw, whatever that is. Some believe that he made an unbreakable vow with Dumbledore on behalf of Harry, which would explain why he has not harmed him thus far. Some think he did what he did in book 6 because he made that unbreakable vow with Draco Malfoy's mother, and therefore had to step in when Malfoy couldn't do the deed. Some think that Dumbledore was already dying and had asked that Snape do what he do to keep Draco alive. And some believe that Snape still works for Voldemort and did what he did because it was simply time to be rid of Dumbledore. It is really quite a split. I think to really know the truth, we have to wait for book 7, but you have to recall all of Snapes's behaviour in the other books to make your decision on where he stands. There is a lot of evidence...and if you cannot be assed, just find a forum and a thread on whether Snape is good or bad (There are lots!) and read that.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:07:14 AM »
Or maybe RAB could be Amelia Bones, Susan Bones' aunt and head of the office of magical law enforcement, who was referred to as having been killed in a rather nasty way after a huge struggle inside a room locked from the inside under mysterious circumstances, perhaps by Voldemort himself, near the beginning of Book 6.  Maybe Amelia is her middle name and her first name begins with R.

I think Snape is a bad guy and he really works for Voldemort.  However, I suppose that it is possible that he made an unbreakable vow with Dumbledore not to harm Harry.  Even in the end, he did not kill Harry when he easily could have done so.  He made an unbreakable vow with Narcissa, Draco's mother, so he had to kill Dumbledore if Draco couldn't do it, but it is possible Dumbledore knew about that unbreakable vow the whole time.

Graelwyn

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 04:08:40 PM »
Rowling apparently reacted quite oddly when Stephen Fry in an interview referred to Snape having a redemptive quality.. .so I believe, 'bad' or not, he will redeem himself in some way in the final book. She also said that the POA film had certain things in it that the director had picked up on somehow, that are relevant to the last 2 books. That had me wondering, for sure.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 02:33:17 PM »
I think snape is an antihero.  Good, but does evil shit to do good.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 07:08:29 PM »
so the last book will be released on 7-21-07.
lot of people thought 7-7-07 for the last book (the seventh).  or on 7-31-07 because that is harry's birthday.

JK Rowling says that she willkill off two characters.
who will they be....
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 08:18:36 AM »
so the last book will be released on 7-21-07.
lot of people thought 7-7-07 for the last book (the seventh).  or on 7-31-07 because that is harry's birthday.

JK Rowling says that she willkill off two characters.
who will they be....

harry and voldemort, possibly.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Graelwyn

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 08:44:35 AM »
I had thought she would kill off more than 2. Hmm, hard one in that case as there are so many characters... I would say maybe voldemore and one of the kids besides Harry, or Voldemort and Snape, or Voldemort and Harry. One of those combos.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 09:09:13 AM »
I had thought she would kill off more than 2. Hmm, hard one in that case as there are so many characters... I would say maybe voldemore and one of the kids besides Harry, or Voldemort and Snape, or Voldemort and Harry. One of those combos.

Isn't there a debate about whether Harry or his scar is a horcrux?  In that case, Harry would have to die to really kill Voldemort.

Scrapheap

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 10:36:49 AM »
* Capt. Scrapbeard  Pulls out his Cutlass and hacks Harry Potter's head off!!!

No more Harry Potter fer the lot of yah!!! Aaaaarg!!! :arrr: :arrr: :arrr:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 10:54:34 AM »

Isn't there a debate about whether Harry or his scar is a horcrux?  In that case, Harry would have to die to really kill Voldemort.

i was thinking the same thing!

but, i remember how excited i was when harry finally kissed ginny.  she may wish to reserve the right to do an aftermath story later on down the road, if she is need of some quick cash.  ;)
but then i suppose that she could always have harry make a horscrux.
Misunderstood.

Offline Sanityisoverrated

• Frequent Poster
  • Sleepy type guy
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »
At the end of the last book Harry gets sent back in time to the first book, and you have to read the whole series all over again. It's a clever marketing trick.
'When the world is run according to my standards, everyone will be a happier person and the general standard of health will exceed the average' - Charlie Chaplin

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 01:56:19 PM »
At the end of the last book Harry gets sent back in time to the first book, and you have to read the whole series all over again. It's a clever marketing trick.

Oh fuck no, I can't have another series do that to me!  My poor tiny bruised little brain can't take it!
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 02:12:28 PM »

:LMAO:

Plus one to You.

Aaaaaaarg to Harry Potter with no head!!! :arrr: :arrr: :arrr:
Guardian of the Empire

Graelwyn

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 02:42:02 PM »

* Hacks Capt. Scrapbeard's Testicles off and skewers them with a stick, roasting them over a nice open fire, like squishy marshmallows*  :eyebrows: