Educational

Author Topic: Question renaeden  (Read 20927 times)

Blasted

Re: Question renaeden
« Reply #345 on: July 08, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »
Am I an annoying person?

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #346 on: July 08, 2009, 05:31:43 PM »
Renaeden, were you annoyed when I responded to this question of yours:

I haven't posted much about being asexual, I guess it is accepted? Loads of people don't understand it and some have never heard of it.

... and didn't ask you any questions at the time? :)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #347 on: July 09, 2009, 01:04:55 AM »
renaeden if you ever come to manchester will you come and visit me and Flo?  8)

(and Volodja my tortoise too. also Lily my dog if you like, but she'd probably jump up at you and try to play with you :laugh: )
I would be honoured to come and visit you. :)
When you were younger renaeden were you too forthcoming for your own good?  I ask because when I was a lot younger I was, and then learned to hold back and use information in strategic reserve. How old were you when cynicism took root?
I was too forthcoming until I went to school and realised it wasn't welcomed, heh. I used to ask a lot of questions - drove my family crazy because I asked the same questions to be reassured of the same answers. Somewhere along the line I realised that not all attention is good so I stopped asking questions or even talking much. I became uncomfortable with myself and anxious all the time.

In high school I started realising that the world did indeed suck and maybe that is when the cynicism started as well.
PPK, I would like to know your answers to your questions, I am curious.
If you had to spend 2 hours in a room with all the regular posters on this site, what would you do when you got there?
I would sit in the corner rocking while mumbling incoherently. :P Seriously I would like to meet people from here. I would like to have something planned to do beforehand I think.
Am I an annoying person?
Definitely not. As time has gone on, I like you more. You seem to be a really decent person who has a wide range of knowledge. You may not think so but that is what I think!
Renaeden, were you annoyed when I responded to this question of yours:

I haven't posted much about being asexual, I guess it is accepted? Loads of people don't understand it and some have never heard of it.

... and didn't ask you any questions at the time? :)

I was not annoyed. The strange thing was that I had read a magazine article about asexuality that day that you wrote about it. I hadn't seen one before. So I didn't know how to respond to your post about it. Well now I have. :green:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

P7PSP

« Reply #348 on: July 09, 2009, 01:40:22 AM »
When you were younger renaeden were you too forthcoming for your own good?  I ask because when I was a lot younger I was, and then learned to hold back and use information in strategic reserve. How old were you when cynicism took root?
I was too forthcoming until I went to school and realised it wasn't welcomed, heh. I used to ask a lot of questions - drove my family crazy because I asked the same questions to be reassured of the same answers. Somewhere along the line I realised that not all attention is good so I stopped asking questions or even talking much. I became uncomfortable with myself and anxious all the time.

In high school I started realising that the world did indeed suck and maybe that is when the cynicism started as well.
PPK, I would like to know your answers to your questions, I am curious.
In matters where I knew my answers could get myself or others in trouble I knew to keep my mouth shut. Learning that people lied or witheld info about more mundane things took longer to figure out. After that I went through a stage of not even trying polite conversation with those I didn't like. Now I can muddle through small talk in most situations but that took a lot of practice. Hitting people where necessary and verbal altercations I was always good at, I just had to learn that not all potential battles need to be fought and that picking another time and place could work better. One thing I learned well by my late twenties was to hold off a victory and let the opposition be smug in false victory (in workplace pissing contests not fights) for a little while before cutting them off at the knees so as to make it harder on them to lose. Only in the last 12 years have I seriously tried to control anger and get along with others and let certain situations resolve themselves instead of going on the offensive immediately. Nowadays I try to let small stuff go and allow others the opportunity to demonstrate no ill will if they choose. It works well most of the time, I haven't had a physical altercation in 15 years now and generally get along with others. I still suck at picking up women. The next meeting at the M.I.N.D. Institute I go to instead of the Social Skills meeting will be with the more social/semi political ones. All I'm really good at is making a decent living and building a retirement so making money for more travel overseas will take precedence over refining shit social skills.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 02:02:32 AM by PPK »

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #349 on: July 09, 2009, 11:53:09 PM »
I have mostly given up on bettering my social skills because I find it hard to apply them in each situation.

That M.I.N.D Institute sounds really cool, even the name of it, heh. Maybe one day there will be something similar in Australia.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:55:23 PM by renaeden »
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #350 on: July 11, 2009, 04:17:29 PM »

The condition, personal preference, etc, is unimportant. The person is.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #351 on: July 13, 2009, 11:28:31 AM »
What was your favorite childhood treasure?
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #352 on: July 16, 2009, 12:24:11 AM »
What was your favorite childhood treasure?
My mum told me that I had this handheld mirror with a pattern on the back of it that I liked. When I was five, I went to the hospital for an operation and lost the mirror there. Apparently I was devastated by it.

I can't think of anything else.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #353 on: July 16, 2009, 06:07:46 PM »
i can haz furball?

plz allow me to adoptz?  :green:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #354 on: July 17, 2009, 04:16:32 AM »
I can't remember seeing that picture before. :D
But anyway, she is having a fine time in Toowoomba - in GA's parents' garden.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #355 on: October 09, 2009, 08:35:36 AM »
Found this picture you might like. You may even have it already.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #356 on: October 10, 2009, 02:39:37 AM »
I do now. ;)
Thanks Phlexor, I have one that is similar but this one looks heaps better imo.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #357 on: October 10, 2009, 05:46:51 AM »
What do you look like?  :eyebrows:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #358 on: October 10, 2009, 06:09:04 AM »
 :eyebrows:
I did have one on here somewhere in the photos thread, it was at around page 335 iirc.
Tek'ma'tae

GalileoAce

« Reply #359 on: October 10, 2009, 06:10:13 AM »
This one?