Educational

Author Topic: Question renaeden  (Read 19636 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Question renaeden
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2008, 04:32:07 AM »
It is hard to tell because I have watched them all and I have a bad memory :P
There are certain scenes which are funny - where they ring transport someone off their ship and the rings go flying away in the wind. :D

I liked the first Stargate episodes where they set the stargate up and start going through it.

Even though it ended on the tenth season, I think it could have gone on longer. I am just glad that they are still making Atlantis and the movies.

Someone on the internet said something about how it would be a good idea to make some Star Trek miniseries to keep the franchise going. I would really like that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2008, 06:26:22 AM »
yeah it would be cool to make a miniseries. the Stargate movie was on tv but i couldn't watch it. :( cuz i haven't seen them all yet.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #287 on: April 20, 2008, 06:31:40 AM »
I have seen the Stargate Ark of Truth movie on dvd in the shops. I am looking forward to the next one that comes out, don't know what it will be called yet.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #288 on: April 20, 2008, 06:37:54 AM »
there'll be a next one? :zoinks: how many are they making? awesome. :headbang2:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #289 on: April 20, 2008, 08:36:35 AM »
I know the next one is to be about Baal. What a pleasant guy he is. ;)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #290 on: April 20, 2008, 08:46:48 AM »
it's been downhill since Apophis apparently. :P Anubis didn't even have a face. :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #291 on: April 20, 2008, 09:06:55 AM »
I called Anubis "swirl face". :D
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #292 on: April 20, 2008, 09:12:22 AM »
i think it looks like pudding. :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #293 on: May 30, 2008, 07:26:07 AM »
Thanks for looking at it, though, even if it didn't make sense. It was just an isolated scene, not part of a longer story yet, though I might still add to it. What did you mean that you didn't understand the genre? It's supposed to be fantasy. The subject was an argument between a man and a woman about another world. One wants to keep it secret and the other doesn't.
I guess that sci-fi and fantasy get mixed up in my mind. I was expecting sci-fi (I don't know why) and the story seems fantasy with a bit of sci-fi (planets make me think sci-fi) added. I didn't notice the present tense and is that a good thing? I was more into the story than anything else. Most curious about Jose. His past and what he will learn from Marai.

I wrote a story in the present tense when I was in high school. It was my decision to do it that way. The story was shit so any marks I got were probably for the unexpected use of present tense.

Your story needs editing to clear up who says what and the transition between Jose and Marai/man whose name I have forgotten already, ( ::) me ). You already know this but I would definitely like to read more if that is ok.
If the creative part of your brain is missing, how come you like Stargate? I thought it took creativity or imagination of some kind to enjoy SF.
With visual sci-fi I am just receiving and it doesn't take a lot of imagination for me, but I do need to understand it or I am lost. I had to watch The Fifth Element three times before I understood it. Star Trek moves slow to me, Stargate is faster and so sometimes I have to watch an episode a number of times to "get it". I just process information slowly at times I think.

Reading is different. Probably why the transition from novel to movie can end in disaster, "the book is better". To me, The Lord of the Rings trilogy was torture to read. Two pages to describe a hillside? I couldn't see. It was like reading through a fog and knowing some great things were going on and I was missing out. I could see in your story, Pyraxis.

I can speed-read at times. I can proof-read and sort of edit.
I find it very hard to write. There are too many images/ideas to translate into words. The way I was taught to write in school was not the way for me learn. I read a lot but I hardly ever write.

Okay, let me try a response, through a haze of fucking-hell-it's-way-too-early-in-the-morning.

I should probably take out the bit about planets. It's not supposed to be sci-fi. The technology isn't near as advanced as earth.

I'm really glad you could see the story.

There is more written but not about Jose yet. I'll see if I can get some more ready. This stuff is mostly done for fun, I'm not thinking about publishing or anything, because like Odeon said at one point, once you post on a forum you've already used electronic rights.

If you ever did write something I'd want to read it. It's better to learn these things your own way, I think, than at school. Most of what I learned was on my own. School teaches you to write boring formulaic essays and that's about it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2008, 08:51:08 AM »
* renaeden feels a bit sheepish at the overreaction...
I'm really glad you could see the story.
This is the best sort of writing to me.
There is more written but not about Jose yet. I'll see if I can get some more ready.
That would be cool. :)
If you ever did write something I'd want to read it.
Thanks, all that I have written lately is on my blog and that is non-fiction. Recently wrote a post on ECT. Should scare a few people away. :P

Now that I think of it, I don't think I have written any fiction since I left high school. That was 13 years ago. I also think my creativity has been blunted by medication. I noticed this a while after I first went on antidepressants. I know that GA wants me to join him on his Star Trek simming but I have said I would have no idea how to start. :-\
Tek'ma'tae

GalileoAce

« Reply #295 on: June 17, 2008, 06:35:56 AM »
How come you haven't asked me anything in my ask away thread?

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #296 on: June 17, 2008, 07:20:35 AM »
I really should, shouldn't I, then I wouldn't have to speak to you in rl. :P
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #297 on: June 17, 2008, 07:22:13 AM »
You guys speak IRL? You don't conduct your entire relationship from two computers in opposite corners of the room?  :laugh:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

GalileoAce

« Reply #298 on: June 17, 2008, 07:24:38 AM »
I used to do that with my sisters :P

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #299 on: June 17, 2008, 07:26:13 AM »
:D Our monitors are next to each other, I like the idea of computers in opposite corners of the room (opposite corners of the house is nice to think about as well).

GA likes to speak a whole lot more than I do.
Tek'ma'tae