Author Topic: So, what are you ignoring, right now?  (Read 18623 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: So, what are you ignoring, right now?
« Reply #510 on: May 28, 2012, 02:31:05 PM »
I tried that at some point.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #511 on: May 28, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »
I still hold that treating her benevolently was the wisest course of action.

I disagree, of course, and think ignoring her was wisest.  She seemed to have an amazing talent for twisting everything that was said to her, even things which were meant kindly.  I agree that you had some limited success dealing with her but IMO, it would have been only a matter of time until she turned on you like she turned on DFG and everyone else who was friendly to her. 

If you still want to contact her, I think that PMing her would still work since she would get a copy of the PM in her email (assuming that her email address is valid) even though she has been banned.  You would need to give her a way in the PM to contact you in return assuming that both you and she wanted to continue correspondence.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #512 on: May 28, 2012, 03:23:37 PM »
Oh lovely. There's drama I'm glad I missed during my hiatus. :P

Were you here for the first drama a couple of years ago, where she raged at everyone while they pointedly ignored her until she went away?
Yes, I do remember her. I tend to forget what drama is about but she's one I just didn't engage. Too unstable.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Kaelyrhn

• The Tesseract Exception of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #513 on: May 28, 2012, 08:36:28 PM »
I'm with Pyraxis, treating people with respect and benevolence is better than any other choice.

I'm currently ignoring my essay
I often post on my phone. Expect typos & errors.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #514 on: May 28, 2012, 08:51:46 PM »
Ignoring the fact that I should be sleeping.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #515 on: May 28, 2012, 09:47:37 PM »
I still hold that treating her benevolently was the wisest course of action.

That rings close to wisdom, I would think.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #516 on: May 28, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
The horrid puns in this.  It came from the straight dope site.

Here's a long one, from the old Dr. Demento radio show. I'm doing this from memory, so forgive me if I miss anything.

It was April the 41st, being a quadruple leap year. I was driving through downtown Atlantis. My Barracuda was in the shop, so I was in a rented Stingray-- and it was overheating.

So I pulled into a Shell station. They said I'd blown a seal. I said, "Just fix the darn thing and leave my private life out of it, okay pal?"

While they were doing that I went over to a place I know called the Oyster Bar. It was a real dive, but I knew the owner; he used to play for the Dolphins. I said, "Hi, Gill!!" (You have to shout; he's hard of herring.) Gill was also down on his luck. Fact is, he was barely keeping his head below water.

I bellied up to the sandbar. Gill poured me the usual-- rusty snail, hold the grunion, shaken not stirred-- with a peanut-butter-and-jellyfish sandwich on the side, heavy on the mako. I slipped him a fin, on porpoise. I was feeling good; I even dropped a sand dollar in the box for Jerry's Squids, just for the halibut.

Well, the place was crowded. We were packed in like sardines. They were all there to listen to the big band sound of Tommy Dorsal. What sole!

Tommy was rocking the place with a very popular tuna-- "Salmon 'Chanted Evning"-- and the stage was surrounded by screaming groupers, who were probably there to see the bass player.

One of them's this cute little yellowtail, and she's giving me the eye. So I figure this is my chance to get a little piece of Pisces. But she said things I couldn't fathom; she was just too deep, and seemed to be under a lot of pressure. And boy, could she drink! She drank like a... well, she drank a lot.

I said, "What's your sign?"

She said, "Aquarium."

I said, "Great, let's get tanked!"

I invited her up to my place for a little midnight bait. I said, "Come on baby, it'll only take a few minnows."

She threw me that same old line, "Not tonight, I got a haddock."

And she wasn't kidding either, because in came the biggest, meanest-looking haddock I'd ever seen come down the pike. He was covered with mussels. He came over to me and said, "Listen shrimp, don't you come trolling around here." What a crab. This guy was steamed! I could see the anchor in his eyes.

I turned to him and said, "Abalone, you're just being shellfish." Well, I knew there was going to be trouble, and so did Gill, because he was alread on the phone to the cods.

The haddock hits me with a sucker punch. I catch him with a left hook. He eels over. It was a fluke, but there he was, lying on the deck, flat as a mackerel. Kelpless. I said, "Forget the cods, Gill! This guy's gonna need a sturgeon!"

Well, the yellowtail was impressed with the way I landed her boyfriend. She came over to me and said, "Hey, big boy, you're really a game fish. What's your name?"

I said, "Marlin."

After that we had a whale of a time. I took her to dinner, I took her to dance, I bought her a bouquet of flounders. I went home with her. And what do I get for my troubles? A case of the clams!
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #517 on: May 29, 2012, 10:08:12 AM »
An unexpected hangover.  It seems that going vegan has also destroyed my alcohol tolerance as I only had three scotches last night.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #518 on: May 29, 2012, 10:19:25 AM »
An unexpected hangover.  It seems that going vegan has also destroyed my alcohol tolerance as I only had three scotches last night.

If you have lost weight, you have probably lost some blood volume as well, which could
 explain the lowered tolerance.  Next time you will have to stick to  :coke:  or water!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #519 on: May 29, 2012, 01:58:28 PM »

If you have lost weight, you have probably lost some blood volume as well, which could
 explain the lowered tolerance.  Next time you will have to stick to  :coke:  or water!

Where's the fun in that? :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #520 on: May 29, 2012, 03:11:54 PM »

Where's the fun in that? :P
It's not so bad yanno. :laugh: I haven't drank alcohol in over a year. Don't miss it at all. Although I do miss my Friday night online parties I used to host. :laugh:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #521 on: May 29, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »

Or drink less and slower. Only drinking if it tastes good, and not drinking for the alcoholic effect.

I hardly drink nowadays. Most of the alcohol containing fluids end up in my dinners past few years.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Kaelyrhn

• The Tesseract Exception of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #522 on: May 29, 2012, 09:46:31 PM »
My essay...still
I often post on my phone. Expect typos & errors.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #523 on: May 30, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »
The phone ringing.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #524 on: May 31, 2012, 07:22:01 AM »
My urge to give up.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!