Author Topic: So, what are you ignoring, right now?  (Read 18593 times)

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
Re: So, what are you ignoring, right now?
« Reply #480 on: May 24, 2012, 08:08:34 PM »
nice one queen.  :laugh:

i've been ignoring my anxiety all day.  :P
:skywarp:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #481 on: May 24, 2012, 10:54:45 PM »

Mine is mostly hip and back.

I have beeen thriough an entire year and abit of physical therapy to resolllve it all, but ...

OK. It is better, but way away from "back to Norbal"( Lennon reference, for those following)  I can now make it throuih a full day at work with only two pills.

Improvement, but reallly?

This is as good as it gets? Seriously?
Have you tried soaking in epsom salt baths?

WTF!

Are you for real? Do you not think that various solutions were NOT a part of my first attempts to  ...

nevermind

What else have you tried soaking your hip in besides epsom salts, DirtDawg?

I would like to try them on my knee, which I twisted when I fell recently.

I have been doing physical therapy for a few weeks and they used ultrasound and a cortisone patch with a battery on it.

Besides, minerals of all sorts, aside from salts? Yes

Anyway, It seems that Miss Kitty decided that I was "going off"  on her after ONLY ONE response.

This is why I left this place before. I was tired of that kind of OVERSENSITIVE CRAP from most of the people with whom I tried to interact.

FFS, This is not a fucking Autistic Petting Zoo, where the outsiders can witness interesting Autistic behaviors from a safe place. We are who we are and if someone decides to fucking hate on us, then so be it. We CAN hate back and some of us can do so quite well!! I have held back, mostly. You KNOW I have. My gentlemanly behavior has mostly been a kind of pinnacle of tolerance to these people.

... but I am about done being so much less than I am!

None of them can affect a change in any of us with their asinine bullshit responses!  Giving us second grade advice? Thinking it will make a difference? ... are you fucking shitting me?

If I do not come off as particularly socially correct, then guess WHAT!!  I am NOT all that social to begin with.

:violin:

Mainly, I am making the point that all these outsider types who continually try to send me private messages (WAY before) was a contributing factor which caused me to shut down my private messaging. I was sick of having to deal with them. The fact that I did so when was intoxicated and only barely remembered doing so is irrelevant and NOT ACTUALLY A part of why it happened.

I do not even know who she is nor do I know why she would presume to talk to me about any of my toils (nor upon any terms for that matter. You KNOW I HATE strangers!). It just pisses me off to be approached in such an ignorant way. I am more intelligent than that and I refuse to allow some outsider to just look upon us as such incredibly ignorant  fools.

FFS!!!  This is NOT an Autistic Petting Zoo! Some of us are REAL people!  Our responses are real. This is NOT a safe place for them to safely observe alternate behaviors with which they have become enamored. I would tell them all to fuck THE FUCK OFF  and if they want to do studies, then go ONE on ONE and, in general, leave me the hell ALONE !!

...  but, yeah, salts are many and there are quite a few which can help.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #482 on: May 25, 2012, 04:45:05 AM »
*grins*

Yeah I missed you. If that's too social, shove it.  :headbang2:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #483 on: May 25, 2012, 05:33:02 AM »
stupid telemarketer that keeps calling my cell trying to get me to switch providers.

As of the beginning of the year that is illegal and can result in a $10,000 fine per occurrence.  The FCC issued new regulations for telemarketing cell phone numbers, and require written authorization ahead of time before marketing to even your own customers.  I had to redesign our whole call center procedures around these rules.
But that's in the states. Doesn't apply here, unfortunately. Wish it did. We have a no call list you can sign up for regarding home phones and if you're on the list you're not supposed to get the calls. But I think someone is selling of the names on the list because I know people who's calls increased after being put on the no call list. :P

Sorry.  I am a typical American in that I keep thinking as though everyone else is as well.  :facepalm: :paperbag: :fp:

You mean ... there are foreigners on the site with us?  :hide:

Yup, lots of 'mericans. That Norwegian bloke posted yesterday. And there's the Dutch cow, and the Australians.
Use Canucks cannot be overlooked!  :M
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #484 on: May 25, 2012, 06:09:06 AM »
*grins*

* grins wide, with sound *

Missed you heaps DD.

Wish I could switch off the daily social mask more easy. Too much practice is perverting me, and it is doing me no good at all. 

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #485 on: May 25, 2012, 06:52:42 AM »
Use Canucks cannot be overlooked!  :M

Absolutely not.  :orly:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #486 on: May 25, 2012, 09:17:04 AM »
I need to go get some boxes and mail some of my shit back to arizona. I better atleast get the boxes today,  :P
:skywarp:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #487 on: May 25, 2012, 10:15:26 AM »

I have beeen thriough an entire year and abit of physical therapy to resolllve it all, but ...

OK. It is better, but way away from "back to Norbal"( Lennon reference, for those following)  I can now make it throuih a full day at work with only two pills.

WTF!

Are you for real? Do you not think that various solutions were NOT a part of my first attempts to  ...

nevermind

I have been doing physical therapy for a few weeks and they used ultrasound and a cortisone patch with a battery on it.

Anyway, It seems that Miss Kitty decided that I was "going off"  on her after ONLY ONE response.

This is why I left this place before. I was tired of that kind of OVERSENSITIVE CRAP from most of the people with whom I tried to interact.

FFS, This is not a fucking Autistic Petting Zoo, where the outsiders can witness interesting Autistic behaviors from a safe place. We are who we are and if someone decides to fucking hate on us, then so be it. We CAN hate back and some of us can do so quite well!! I have held back, mostly. You KNOW I have. My gentlemanly behavior has mostly been a kind of pinnacle of tolerance to these people.

None of them can affect a change in any of us with their asinine bullshit responses!  Giving us second grade advice? Thinking it will make a difference? ... are you fucking shitting me?

If I do not come off as particularly socially correct, then guess WHAT!!  I am NOT all that social to begin with.

Mainly, I am making the point that all these outsider types who continually try to send me private messages (WAY before) was a contributing factor which caused me to shut down my private messaging. I was sick of having to deal with them. The fact that I did so when was intoxicated and only barely remembered doing so is irrelevant and NOT ACTUALLY A part of why it happened.

I do not even know who she is nor do I know why she would presume to talk to me about any of my toils (nor upon any terms for that matter. You KNOW I HATE strangers!). It just pisses me off to be approached in such an ignorant way. I am more intelligent than that and I refuse to allow some outsider to just look upon us as such incredibly ignorant  fools.

FFS!!!  This is NOT an Autistic Petting Zoo! Some of us are REAL people!  Our responses are real. This is NOT a safe place for them to safely observe alternate behaviors with which they have become enamored. I would tell them all to fuck THE FUCK OFF  and if they want to do studies, then go ONE on ONE and, in general, leave me the hell ALONE !!

I guess I will experiment with the salts I have on hand, DirtDawg.  I have missed you.

I'm sorry you are still having trouble with your hip and back after all this time.

The physical therapist literally pulled my leg, hard, twice, in my last PT appointment and it seemed to help my knee, surprisingly.  He explained that it seemed that I knocked my left hip somewhat out of alignment when I fell on it and that was keeping the IT band from healing properly.  It does feel better now and I can put my left foot on my right knee briefly to put on my sock and shoe without crying in pain.  I'm not sure if it might be partly due to the ultrasound treatment and battery operated cortizone patch, however I had those before and I couldn't do it. 

I'm not a mind reader, but Miss Kitty doesn't strike me as a non-autistic person who's here to gawk at the rest of us.  She strikes me as a mostly very open person who has a good reason to keep parts of herself private.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #488 on: May 25, 2012, 10:53:28 AM »

WTF!

nevermind

Er...you and I have never had an issue with each other during the years I've been here. In fact we got along quite well. I don't have an issue with you now either. I thought you came off as a little over the top because you thought I was a noob so I PM'd you, to tell you who I was since I changed my username. How was I to know you don't remember me? You've PM'd me in the past and we got along well on the board. So definitely nothing personal. Sorry if I caused you grief. Hope you feel better DD :)
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #489 on: May 25, 2012, 10:58:19 AM »

I'm not a mind reader, but Miss Kitty doesn't strike me as a non-autistic person who's here to gawk at the rest of us.  She strikes me as a mostly very open person who has a good reason to keep parts of herself private.

Thank you Callaway.

DD, I am just as Aspie as the rest of the lot here and I DO have good reason to parts of my life private. I went on hiatus to deal with personal stuff, but I came back because after years of being here, I missed this crazy lot :P And I had to change my username for my own personal safety and that of my kids.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #490 on: May 25, 2012, 10:59:10 AM »

WTF!

nevermind

You and Meadow would make beautiful babies  :o

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #491 on: May 25, 2012, 04:50:19 PM »

WTF!

nevermind

Er...you and I have never had an issue with each other during the years I've been here. In fact we got along quite well. I don't have an issue with you now either. I thought you came off as a little over the top because you thought I was a noob so I PM'd you, to tell you who I was since I changed my username. How was I to know you don't remember me? You've PM'd me in the past and we got along well on the board. So definitely nothing personal. Sorry if I caused you grief. Hope you feel better DD :)

OK, so you say I do "know you." 

When I clicked to open the PM you sent, I immediately saw it was from another "stranger" and I instantly became a bit indignant, once again. I felt that I should try to explain to Callaway my simple position.

I promise I will reopen the PM and actually read it before I respond to you again.

Incidentally, assuming that you are not one of those outsiders attempting a sort of Butt Snorkel maneuver on some of us, trying to make us exhibit some kind of behavior you can write about, then we STILL do not have a problem.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #492 on: May 25, 2012, 05:33:34 PM »
Trying to ignore the Queens jubilee and the amount of cheap flags and bunting that is on sale in every shop.

Not interested in the olympics either.

God i sound a grumpy mis-hog :loup:

also trying to wean off latest obsession which is 'mah jong' and ignoring the urge to play it!
blah blah blah

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #493 on: May 25, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »
 :yawn:

This is a message board, not a ouija board  :zombiefuck:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #494 on: May 26, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »
*grins*

:agreed:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein