Educational

Author Topic: So, what are you ignoring, right now?  (Read 18484 times)

Sophgay

Re: So, what are you ignoring, right now?
« Reply #300 on: March 19, 2008, 07:36:26 PM »
i don't wanna live that long lol
i'll stay as long as i need to, for my family, but i won't be staying till i'm 80
i doubt i'd be healthy enough, even if i wanted to
i don't have that much motivation anymore, just have to force myself to do stuff, but that;s ok. as long as it gets done.

Sophgay

« Reply #301 on: March 19, 2008, 07:37:11 PM »
And if they're not a jerkoff, and you have no ill will?

... in the case of Soph, for instance?

It was a generalized bitch... I can think of at least three people it's immediately applicable to. It's something I've run into a lot.

Needing a friend probably covers it though. I just struggle when I am said friend, and honestly want to help, but can't say either "yeah, I know what you mean" or "here's what you could do to fix it." But I'm also susceptible to taking it hard when a person says "you're too happy (or too successful, or too competent, or too young, or too alive) to get it." I always feel guilty for walking away - if I'm so successful or whatever, there ought to be something else I could do.

Didn't see this on the first go'round. That's why your next post baffled me, somewhat. 

... but you're right. I always feel inadequate when I am that savior/friend. I always feel that I could do more, but we can't. All we can ever do is show someone the stones.We can not keep them from slipping, even when we help them up several times and show them the next and the next.

We must keep trying though, even if all we can offer is good footing and a strong back.

but sometimes we can carry them all the way and we dont

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #302 on: March 19, 2008, 07:41:13 PM »
And if they're not a jerkoff, and you have no ill will?

... in the case of Soph, for instance?

It was a generalized bitch... I can think of at least three people it's immediately applicable to. It's something I've run into a lot.

Needing a friend probably covers it though. I just struggle when I am said friend, and honestly want to help, but can't say either "yeah, I know what you mean" or "here's what you could do to fix it." But I'm also susceptible to taking it hard when a person says "you're too happy (or too successful, or too competent, or too young, or too alive) to get it." I always feel guilty for walking away - if I'm so successful or whatever, there ought to be something else I could do.

Didn't see this on the first go'round. That's why your next post baffled me, somewhat. 

... but you're right. I always feel inadequate when I am that savior/friend. I always feel that I could do more, but we can't. All we can ever do is show someone the stones.We can not keep them from slipping, even when we help them up several times and show them the next and the next.

We must keep trying though, even if all we can offer is good footing and a strong back.

but sometimes we can carry them all the way and we dont

NO, child!

You try to carry someone and you destroy them as surely as if you just left them behind.

Don't even think that someone should carry you!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Sophgay

« Reply #303 on: March 19, 2008, 07:41:59 PM »
i don't want anyone to carry me

Persona

« Reply #304 on: March 19, 2008, 07:43:09 PM »
I can keep telling you that I believe you will make it but that is not going to do you much good.

You have enough motivation to at least get things done, which can't be said for most people.

Stop blaming yourself and eat better.

Also learn to believe in yourself.

Sophgay

« Reply #305 on: March 19, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »
i believe i exist
i believe my family love me
i believe i love them
i believe sophie loved me
and i believe i love her
and i believe i will die one day

that's it ;

Persona

« Reply #306 on: March 19, 2008, 07:48:14 PM »
Everyone will die one day.

Stop living for other people and live for you.

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #307 on: March 19, 2008, 07:48:37 PM »
That's a start.  You may be ahead of me, Soph.
hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #308 on: March 19, 2008, 07:58:10 PM »
Everyone will die one day.

Stop living for other people and live for you.

*massive melodramatic sigh, tries one last response*

No, it's the balance that we must find.

Balance.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Sophgay

« Reply #309 on: March 19, 2008, 07:59:01 PM »
woe is me

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #310 on: March 19, 2008, 08:00:41 PM »
Jose Cuervo helps me find the balance.  :)
hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Sophgay

« Reply #311 on: March 19, 2008, 08:01:32 PM »
i had a balance

Sophgay

« Reply #312 on: March 19, 2008, 08:01:39 PM »
once

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #313 on: March 19, 2008, 08:01:47 PM »
I always feel inadequate when I am that savior/friend. I always feel that I could do more, but we can't. All we can ever do is show someone the stones.We can not keep them from slipping, even when we help them up several times and show them the next and the next.

Agreed. And I will keep searching for ways to refine my understanding.

Though I wonder if recently I've become too focused. Levels of the mind are what I know best and I think I have been seeking them out at the expense of development of real-world skills. Like I'm beginning to suspect money is useful enough to drop impractical ideology and actually seek out.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

duncvis

« Reply #314 on: March 19, 2008, 11:04:44 PM »
Ignoring Calandale's bullshit, from this point. well, attempting not to rise to it, anyway. :fos: