Educational

Author Topic: Russiagate hoax is over  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Russiagate hoax is over
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2019, 12:01:52 AM »
The Democrats need to focus on presenting a vision of how they can run the country better than Trump. Trump will eat them for breakfast if they aren't very prepared with a good candidate.

Focusing on trying to get Trump impeached or whatever... just makes Trump a martyr and makes the Democrats look butthurt about the last election result.
Exactly. Efforts to impeach Trump actually started before he was elected.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2019, 09:09:06 AM »
Not saying they should focus on impeaching him to the exclusion of everything else but no one should be above the law.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2019, 12:35:15 PM »
Not saying they should focus on impeaching him to the exclusion of everything else but no one should be above the law.

That. I'm not saying make it the primary focus...but get the damn tax records, get all your ducks and witnesses lined up in a row...and DRAG HIM.

There is enough in there for impeachment...others were impeached for much less...I think it sets a poor example if we don't try.

That said...his meltdown in the last 24 hours on Twitter has been epic. 

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2019, 03:33:07 PM »
If he's impeached or voted out, I'm just looking forward to posting a Trump meme that says, you're fired.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2019, 04:57:37 PM »

By the time it makes it through the media filter, here at least where US politics tends to be covered by the media in soundbites, that's pretty much all you hear about the Democrats. Pretty much nothing about social or economic policies or positions apart from the Green New Deal, which even us lefties tend to view as an aspirational position rather than a set of policies that are good to go.

If they are going to impeach him, I would suggest that they should gather as much evidence as they can and then when they have an impregnable body of evidence... impeach the orange fucker. But don't constantly make noise about impeaching Trump and fail to follow through on it. All you are doing is making your side of politics look ineffective and driven purely by personal opinions about Trump.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2019, 06:21:19 PM »
I think they HAVE to follow through on this, at this time...and some of the Republicans that can see past partisan lines NEED to step up to the plate.

If you do nothing you're basically saying it's fine for other countries to tamper with our election procedures and it's also fine for other candidates to welcome and embrace these tactics to help their odds of winning.

This time it was Russia, who wants to buy their next president in the 2020? Russia again?...North Korea, China, Saudi Arabia???

The message needs to be loud and clear that this will not be tolerated ever again.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2019, 06:40:38 PM »
^Can't disagree with that at all.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2019, 06:58:12 PM »
I've said this before - Russia has nearly always gotten the president they wanted when there isn't an incumbent.

This time, they managed to be offered the jackpot though.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2019, 12:13:32 PM »

That. I'm not saying make it the primary focus...but get the damn tax records, get all your ducks and witnesses lined up in a row...and DRAG HIM.

There is enough in there for impeachment...others were impeached for much less...I think it sets a poor example if we don't try.

That said...his meltdown in the last 24 hours on Twitter has been epic.

There are plenty of lawyers thinking he did obstruct justice but also, erm, collude with the Russians. And yes, I know it's not a legal term. He should be impeached.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2019, 05:29:01 AM »
I wonder what would happen. Wouldn't be shocked if it through the country into another civil war.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2019, 01:57:28 AM »
I suspect impeachment wouldn't result in much at all.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2019, 06:25:01 AM »
In your shoes, I'd probably shut up about conspiracy theories. :laugh:

Russiagate WAS THE Conspiracy Theory.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2019, 01:43:01 PM »

As demonstrated by the Mueller Report.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2019, 06:17:59 PM »

As demonstrated by the Mueller Report.

YES! Two years $40 million dollars and what did they have to show? Let's be very real:

A dozen Russians not aligned with the campaign buying social media ads and the like less than $1 million in a campaign where both candidates between them spent about $2 billion.

A handful of process crimes that did not exist prior to the start of the investigation and had no bearing on the election.

A prosecution for the Campaign Manager for shit that occurred years before the election and had nothing to do with the 2016 election.

In fact, the report admits to no collusion which is what was its whole purpose.

We good so far?

Now he realises that because he has wasted time and there was nothing of any substance there, in true Weissmann fashion (see his "success" with Arthur Anderson) he did not have enough for a conviction and did not want to state on the record that he had nothing to charge with (which kind of was his mandate to find evidence of crimes and make a conclusion) so he threw up a lot spin dressed up badly as evidence and demurred saying that he could not exonerate.

The only way to exonerate is if someone is charged with something (which he was not brave enough to do) and exoneration was NOT his mandate. Furthermore by saying effectively

"You have told me have told me to find evidence of crime and to conclude one way or another if there is anything substantial enough to charge. I have spent two years and $40 million. Here is some stuff Trump did or said that I looked at and did not like. You make the decision as to whether it broke a law, I'm too gutless to make that call because if I call it against Trump it does not hold water and would be overruled by any reasonable accounting - however if I call it for Trump then I will probably be hated by all the Democrats and Progressives that hailed me as their hero and give Trump a win, someone else decide, I'm out"

Barr looked at it and saw for all the spin there was no substance and called it no obstruction.

No collusion and no obstruction of the crime that wasn't.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2019, 01:16:30 AM »
It's a shame you don't live in the US. There's bound to be an opening for you in the Trump administration.

- Albert Einstein