Educational

Author Topic: Student with AS Fatally Stabs Another Student  (Read 8828 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Student with AS Fatally Stabs Another Student
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2007, 02:12:29 AM »
Never mind Scrap, QC. He's mostly target practice. ;)

Unfortunately for you, you couldn't hit the flat side of a barn from the inside with the doors closed!! :LMAO:

Only because Odeon has never fired a gun, Scrapheap.   ;)

He misses with his comments as well.  ;)

You just can't stand getting pwned. ;)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2007, 02:14:51 AM »

You're far easier than that, Scrapheap,......

My sex life has nothing to do with this!! :evillaugh:

Don't flatter yourself. ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2007, 02:34:52 AM »
Here's what I don't understand about Lit's and Scrap's stance on guns: They both know that guns kill. They both know that it's the only reason for their existence. Fewer guns means fewer deaths. Stricter gun laws means it's harder to get guns (that includes getting them illegally because a good gun law will restrict more than just buying guns or ammo over the counter). There are enough incidents in the US and elsewhere to demonstrate that easy access to guns will result in tragedies. Witness Columbine and many, many others.

I don't know how many times Lit and Scrap have been faced with armed criminals but judging from their posts here, it would seem like it happens just about every day. I doubt it, though; I'm not sure if either of them has actually faced an armed criminal, at all. I know Lit found use for guns, taking out his anger on road signs. He also confessed that in younger years, he could well have created a Columbine incident himself, right here in Sweden, had he had easier access to guns. In all likelihood, innocent people would have been killed or seriously hurt.

As for Scrap, I don't know. I have no idea if he shoots road signs in anger or plans to "defend" himself against bullies. I hope not.

I'm very glad that none of these two gentlemen are in any position of power here or elsewhere in the world.

- Albert Einstein

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2007, 02:54:03 AM »
......The honest truth is guns aren't doing the US any good, right now. Look at how corrupt it is right now, with Bush and his minions in power.

Vocabulary word for QuirkyCarla: Non Sequitur

That wasn't a non sequitur. The people who are pro-guns have stated that they need guns in case the government gets out of hand and they need to fight it. Seeing as no one has done this even with all the damage the Bush administration is causing, the guns haven't done any good.

This has 2 large holes in it.

Having guns to fight an oppresive Gov. is ONE of MANY reasons to own a gun. What the Bush Admin has done is bad, but not to the point of armed insurection. That would be reckless to fight the Gov. at the drop of a hat like that. Can you provide something besides shrill histrionics to back up the claim that we should?? If not, why are you bothering making this point..... it's just a red herring. It's an inapropriate course of action to any reasonable thinking person.

Second, the Americans who DO own the guns don't oppose him nearly as much as those who don't. Why are you bitching about the fact that those who DO have guns aren't doing what Queen, Lord God QuirkyCarla want's them to?? If you want them to go after Bush, you know how the saying goes, If you want something done, you have to do it yourself. ::)

Really that's a silly argument....you were better off with a non sequitur.

Meh. I'd elaborate further on what I mean, but no matter what I say, you're just going to twist it around.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2007, 02:55:44 AM »
Here's what I don't understand about Lit's and Scrap's stance on guns: They both know that guns kill. They both know that it's the only reason for their existence. Fewer guns means fewer deaths. Stricter gun laws means it's harder to get guns (that includes getting them illegally because a good gun law will restrict more than just buying guns or ammo over the counter). There are enough incidents in the US and elsewhere to demonstrate that easy access to guns will result in tragedies. Witness Columbine and many, many others.

I don't know how many times Lit and Scrap have been faced with armed criminals but judging from their posts here, it would seem like it happens just about every day. I doubt it, though; I'm not sure if either of them has actually faced an armed criminal, at all. I know Lit found use for guns, taking out his anger on road signs. He also confessed that in younger years, he could well have created a Columbine incident himself, right here in Sweden, had he had easier access to guns. In all likelihood, innocent people would have been killed or seriously hurt.

That's what I was trying to get across before, but they don't get it.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2007, 03:05:08 AM »
Yeah, I know.  :wallbutt:

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2007, 03:51:28 AM »
Violence is cowardly, especially when you use a weapon. If people are going to be violent, they should at least use kung fu or something. Even that is cowardly though. The world would be much better off if guns had never existed. Since they do, I think the best we can do is just have stricter gun laws. The screening the US has obviously isn't good enough, since a lot of crazy people and murderers are still passing them and acquiring guns legally. The more guns a country has, the more gun-related deaths. Look at New Zealand. They have what, like 4 deaths a year due to gunshot? That sounds like better protection to me.

That's the way anti-gunners falsely argue. In 2002 only 15 people were killed in crimes with guns in Sweden. On the other hand 174 Swedes blew their brains out with guns the same year, most of them did it with a legal gun. If you count suicides too in the statistics, the death rate related to guns in Sweden is about 50% of the death rate in the US, despite the fact that it's about 100 times harder to get a gun here!!! What do you say about that? That's how good gun laws "work" in reality. And, by the way, 50% more Swedes kill themselves every year all in all compared with the US, despite the fact that the American society is much tougher than the Swedish. But do you hear any authority people or reporters hysterically crying that we must get the suicide rate down? No.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2007, 04:09:31 AM »
But do you hear any authority people or reporters hysterically crying that we must get the suicide rate down? No.

But you do. Read the news--there's nothing hysterical about it, but real concern.

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2007, 04:39:18 AM »

This is why, and I quote myself:
--guns will never completely go away from this planet. --- the criminals and governments will never give up their guns voluntarily. Gun laws just disarm honest and decent people.
Are you so naïve that you don't realise that really gross criminals will always get guns, even if private guns are totally banned from every country on the planet? Are you even more naïve, thinking that the governments will be willing to give up their guns, once the people did? Or are you even that naïve that you think that the governments will act properly and never abuse their power, if they're the only ones allowed to have guns?

Quote from: odeon

If you had read my post carefully, you would have seen that it was a homemade bomb, not a gun. I blew that road sign up, because the cops were standing on the motorway fining otherwise law abiding people for violating the speed limit instead of doing their job and catching real criminals, like rapists, blackmailers, drug dealers, white slave traders etc. That road sign will cost the state at least 5 times more than I had to pay for violating the speed limit.  8) And if my dad had been a hunter or a member of a shooting club, I might have tried to make my own Columbine, yes, but I would never had shot people randomly, never.

As for Scrap, I don't know. I have no idea if he shoots road signs in anger or plans to "defend" himself against bullies. I hope not.

He has told me that he scared some low-lives trying to rob him, using his .45. What would you have done against three robbers? Sung "Give peace a chance" or "We shall overcome"?

I'm very glad that none of these two gentlemen are in any position of power here or elsewhere in the world.

I would let you arm yourself like a man, if I were in power, like they do in Vermont; you just go in and buy the gun. No licenses are needed, not even for concealed carrying. And I'm sure that Scrap would certainly make 100 times better a president than mr Bush.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 04:52:03 AM by Litigious »

Litigious

« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2007, 04:41:13 AM »
But do you hear any authority people or reporters hysterically crying that we must get the suicide rate down? No.

But you do. Read the news--there's nothing hysterical about it, but real concern.

But whenever someone shoots someone with a gun, even an air gun, they cry hysterically, like the pussies they are. Those hypocrites wet their pants just by the thought of armed citizens.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2007, 05:15:11 AM »
Quote from: Litigious
If you had read my post carefully, you would have seen that it was a homemade bomb, not a gun.

I rest my case. You missed the whole point of my post, didn't you? ::)

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2007, 05:29:00 AM »
Quote from: Litigious
If you had read my post carefully, you would have seen that it was a homemade bomb, not a gun.

I rest my case. You missed the whole point of my post, didn't you? ::)

No, you think I'm a maniac, but I'm not. If that had been the case, I would have smashed that motorcycle cop with my car when he stopped me or blown up a road sign in the middle of town instead of far out on the countryside.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2007, 05:38:50 AM »
I don't think you're a maniac, Lit. Severely misguided is more like it. ;)

- Albert Einstein

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2007, 05:47:01 AM »
Quit arguing about this and start arguing about something I care about. :green: ;)
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2007, 06:21:12 AM »
Quit arguing about this and start arguing about something I care about. :green: ;)

OK. What do you care about? ;D

- Albert Einstein