Educational

Author Topic: Student with AS Fatally Stabs Another Student  (Read 8898 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Student with AS Fatally Stabs Another Student
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2007, 05:05:59 AM »
i appreciate honesty.

:popcorn:
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2007, 05:07:40 AM »
Well, Lit is true to his ideals but they are some very fucked-up ideals. ;)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2007, 05:18:10 AM »
No, you're the one who seems to have missed that fighting hate with hate doesn't improve anything. Facing an armed criminal wouldn't make me want a gun; it would just make me dislike guns more than I already do.

If you meet an armed criminal unarmed and have bad luck, you will never more like or dislike anything...

I'm not gonna get a gun to "protect" myself when there's a very tiny chance of something like that happening. Cowards protect themselves with guns. A better solution is to make it harder for the criminals to get the guns. And wouldn't it be embarassing if someone owned a gun to protect themselves and still got shot first by the criminal?  :laugh:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2007, 05:19:52 AM »

Yes indeed. Those are the kind of ideals that destroy the world rather than save it.

Litigious

« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2007, 05:20:43 AM »

Why? People aren't God because they are authority people. Not in a democracy. If they think that they are God just because have got some power, they need to be taken down on Earth.  >:D

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2007, 05:25:57 AM »

Why? People aren't God because they are authority people. Not in a democracy. If they think that they are God just because have got some power, they need to be taken down on Earth.  >:D

There, there. You should listen to John Lennon some more. The song I have in mind right now is "Power to the People". ;)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2007, 05:27:32 AM »
ley me know lit, if you need an assist.  i am here for you.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2007, 05:30:19 AM »
:LMAO:

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2007, 05:33:35 AM »
I'm not gonna get a gun to "protect" myself when there's a very tiny chance of something like that happening.

It might be a very tiny chance where you live and it actually is a very tiny chance where I live too, but there are places in both your country and mine where people can count on that to happen. The difference is that in most part of your country people have the precious gift to get guns like free men and use them for protecting their property and the lives of themselves and their loved ones. We don't have that right.

Even the few who actually have a license to have a gun in their homes here, which is the only place where a gun is legal to have except for at hunting and in shooting clubs, risk jail if they use the gun against burglars breaking into their homes...

Quote from: QuirkyCarla
Cowards protect themselves with guns.
How could it ever be cowardly to protect yourself with the same means that those who might attack you have?  ???
A better solution is to make it harder for the criminals to get the guns.
A person convicted for a felony will never get a gun legally in our country. Yet they have them anyway, while most law abiding people don't even try to get a license, becuase it's too difficult and expensive and they don't know how to get a gun illegally...

And wouldn't it be embarassing if someone owned a gun to protect themselves and still got shot first by the criminal?  :laugh:

I wouldn't feel embarassed if I were dead, and I'd rather have a reasonable chance to protect myself then being a slaughter sheep. Slaughter sheeps don't have guns...

Litigious

« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2007, 05:34:25 AM »
ley me know lit, if you need an assist.  i am here for you.

Thanks, man! +  8)

Litigious

« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2007, 05:40:10 AM »

Yes indeed. Those are the kind of ideals that destroy the world rather than save it.

No. What destroys the world is good people passively letting the bad people do what they want, like criminals and authority people who think they're God and can tread on the little man just because they're in charge.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2007, 05:48:16 AM »
So the argument as to why people should have guns is that other people have guns... ::)

The more people that own guns, the more people will get hurt by guns. You said yourself you would have pulled a Columbine if you'd had the means. How productive would that have been? All violence does is spread more hate and pain, and the less violence there is, the better off the world is.

No. What destroys the world is good people passively letting the bad people do what they want, like criminals and authority people who think they're God and can tread on the little man just because they're in charge.

And guns aren't ever going to resolve that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2007, 05:53:04 AM »
i would agree that gun powder is clearly the most influential invention in human history.
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2007, 05:58:43 AM »
On a more light-hearted note, I think if I did wind up getting shot to death by a criminal, I'd pull a Patrick Swayze in Ghost...haunt the fucker and make his life miserable.  ;D

Litigious

« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2007, 06:24:43 AM »
So the argument as to why people should have guns is that other people have guns... ::)

Yes, it sounds paradoxal, but the thing is that guns will never completely go away from this planet. Therefore, decent people should always have the right to have guns, to be able to defend themselves against criminals and power-abusing governments. You see, the criminals and governments will never give up their guns voluntarily. Gun laws just disarm honest and decent people. But you and Odeon don't seem to realize that.

The more people that own guns, the more people will get hurt by guns. You said yourself you would have pulled a Columbine if you'd had the means. How productive would that have been? All violence does is spread more hate and pain, and the less violence there is, the better off the world is.

The world would have been a few bullies shorter. That's a good thing in my book. Surely the bullies' parents would feel hate and pain, but did they ever care about my pain, even if they knew about it? No.

And guns aren't ever going to resolve that.

Maybe not, but pacifism certainly won't. The USA didn't become an independent nation by some cowards sitting and talking peacefully to the Brits.