Author Topic: Crush  (Read 3420 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Crush
« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2016, 06:03:46 AM »
Hello people, I've been reading and listening.

My friend just updated me. He said his friend was on the fence, unwilling to take a chance on a girl he doesn't know. Any interpreters?

Tell him that you do not need a man that needs hand holding and encouraging him off the ledge. You do not need to have to "manage" him and you have nothing to have to prove. You are you and if he doesn't want to get to know you then his choice.

Yeh...that seems pretty aggressive to me. I'm not demanding like that. I mean, if he had got in contact then started being flakey with me, then I would get annoyed. But since he's still figuring out whether to even contact me or not, I think it's quite fair. Besides, it would be rich coming from me, since I took about four months to decide whether I wanted to give it a shot or not. As well as the fact I said that I needed a month to decide then left it.

That and, I don't like acting like I'm the better person, IMO there's always misunderstandings and unspoken stuff going on, it's not always how it appears on the surface.

It would kinda piss off my friend too if I spoke about him like that.

Thank you, though. :)
:dog:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2016, 06:08:02 AM »
Al's right.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2016, 06:55:33 AM »
Ah. I've just found out that my friend did mention me to this guy a few months ago. He must not be taking me seriously this time. What I said at the time to my friend was give me a month and then I didn't speak about it for about four months. I wouldn't blame this guy remotely for not taking me seriously. Now what?
It's probably hard to know how much the matchmaking friend hyped up the first attempt. This guy may have been disappointed back then like you are now, and now he's just over it, or even giving back what he got. Why not get his number instead of communicating through some third party?

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2016, 08:30:25 AM »
Ah. I've just found out that my friend did mention me to this guy a few months ago. He must not be taking me seriously this time. What I said at the time to my friend was give me a month and then I didn't speak about it for about four months. I wouldn't blame this guy remotely for not taking me seriously. Now what?
It's probably hard to know how much the matchmaking friend hyped up the first attempt. This guy may have been disappointed back then like you are now, and now he's just over it, or even giving back what he got. Why not get his number instead of communicating through some third party?

Hello Jack. Thanks, that's all exactly what I thought. I sent the guy directly a message on Facebook a couple of days ago, saying that I honestly didn't realise my friend had mentioned me to him, and had I known I wouldn't have kept him waiting like that. And that it wasn't a rejection.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2016, 04:25:24 PM »
Woah...I just said, "Woah" out loud cos something scary just happened.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2016, 04:27:46 PM »
That's just way too close to home...man. Ouch.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2016, 04:37:44 PM »
I need humour to cope. That's why I like this forum. I use humour to get away from stuff that bothers me. My mum is actually pretty brilliant at this, despite her weirdness. If we get emotional about something...say the other day when we were talking and I told her I missed her...we were both getting teary then both pretended to cry in a humourous way so we didn't cry. Laughing is such a release. Crying is too, but laughing allows you to get that excess energy out in an easier (and I guess more socially acceptable) way. It allows you to raise your voice and shout in a socially acceptable way, hence releasing the pent up nerves/energy.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2016, 04:48:29 PM »
I would start this with, "You know when..." but there's no point.

Well, people do this thing of I dunno, making an effort to appear more attractive to the person they're trying to attract. There, I just stated the fucking obvious...NEVERMIND.

...Well, people do it on FB too. The guy has just put a thing on there of a dog comforting a girl with AS during a meltdown. It's sweet...but it was fucking scary to suddenly see that. It's the side of me I least want to acknowledge. Fucking scary to see a potential date come out with that. I see the reasoning behind it, but argh...too fucking scary for me.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2016, 06:50:20 PM »
Hello people, I've been reading and listening.

My friend just updated me. He said his friend was on the fence, unwilling to take a chance on a girl he doesn't know. Any interpreters?

Tell him that you do not need a man that needs hand holding and encouraging him off the ledge. You do not need to have to "manage" him and you have nothing to have to prove. You are you and if he doesn't want to get to know you then his choice.

Yeh...that seems pretty aggressive to me. I'm not demanding like that. I mean, if he had got in contact then started being flakey with me, then I would get annoyed. But since he's still figuring out whether to even contact me or not, I think it's quite fair. Besides, it would be rich coming from me, since I took about four months to decide whether I wanted to give it a shot or not. As well as the fact I said that I needed a month to decide then left it.

That and, I don't like acting like I'm the better person, IMO there's always misunderstandings and unspoken stuff going on, it's not always how it appears on the surface.

It would kinda piss off my friend too if I spoke about him like that.

Thank you, though. :)

He has every right to not want a bar of you and visa versa. This indecisive BS is either meaning that they are waiting for somethung better to come up or are not that into you.

Imagine in these terms. His friend says "How would you like ti be seen out with her?" and in return he say " I dunno?" When questioned further he says "I suppose if she lost a stone, dressed up a bit and had someone do her make up better, I'd consider it"

Fuck that noise and fuck that entitle meant. If you have to work out whether you like someone, you probably dont and they probably dont have to play second fiddle to your indifference
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2016, 07:05:41 PM »
I don't know how he can tell he likes me or not when he doesn't know who I am.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2016, 07:09:44 PM »
I don't think I've ever known any man, except maybe twice in my lifetime, who has definitely wanted me and let me know immediately. I don't know what to make of this. I've always wanted a man who knew what he wanted and just took charge immediately. :( It would be incredibly sexy.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #206 on: December 03, 2016, 07:13:24 PM »
I will say this.

In my soon to be 50 years I have personally seen a lot of crushes become dating material over time.

The crush was ALWAYS better than the reality. In some cases the reality was just downright scary as hell.

...and sometimes just getting to know them a lot better without dating was enough to leave me shaking my head and saying..."nope...not going there, never, ever...ever...what the hell was I on?"

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2016, 09:02:23 PM »
I will say this.

In my soon to be 50 years I have personally seen a lot of crushes become dating material over time.

The crush was ALWAYS better than the reality. In some cases the reality was just downright scary as hell.

...and sometimes just getting to know them a lot better without dating was enough to leave me shaking my head and saying..."nope...not going there, never, ever...ever...what the hell was I on?"

I was like that with 3 of the girls I had a crush on  :facepalm2:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #208 on: December 04, 2016, 12:50:07 AM »
I'm not sure who Pappy is?

Well, I'm not really sure who you are.

Are you between 5'3" and 5'7" with at least large B-cup tits??  :eyebrows:

Will you send me your noodz??  :drool:

:zoinks:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #209 on: December 04, 2016, 05:41:30 AM »

I concur BTW with MLA (Esquire). Pappy would be a bit of fun if you were interested in meeting a nice single man. you should definitely reach out and hit him up.

I don't think I've ever known any man, except maybe twice in my lifetime, who has definitely wanted me and let me know immediately. I don't know what to make of this. I've always wanted a man who knew what he wanted and just took charge immediately. :( It would be incredibly sexy.

Well, I'm not really sure who you are.

Are you between 5'3" and 5'7" with at least large B-cup tits??  :eyebrows:

Will you send me your noodz??  :drool:

:zoinks:

Justcurious, meet Pappy. Pappy is very confident with the ladies. You wished for a man who was direct and in control....
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap