Author Topic: Crush  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Crush
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2016, 09:31:13 PM »
I'm happy to be of service, and I accept tips in the form of cash or n00dz.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2016, 09:50:27 PM »
I just have no filter and my mom never censored me.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2016, 12:14:33 AM »
:P You're funny! I'm no good at banter. :(

Bah humbug

Gary is a little shit.

we like Gary, mostly
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2016, 04:18:00 AM »
Can someone try to put me off Dox? Please? I need this.
Is his unavailability is part of his appeal? Side topic, are you going to get an avatar?

So, been toying around with my emotions, have you, Jack? You jerk.
:dog:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2016, 04:39:24 AM »
Is his unavailability is part of his appeal? Side topic, are you going to get an avatar?

No. Think it's a legitimate question, in light of such a request. Maybe the request wasn't as serious as I took it. Have no problem with Dox , and even if I did, would still see no reason to attempt to sway someone else's opinion of him toward the negative. So if pointing at you instead of Dox makes me a jerk, then that's okay.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2016, 05:16:24 AM »

What? Really? Sure, why not?

Dox....superficially is fine. I mean appearance wise he is plain, has a bit of a poncy hairstyle but that is okay. He has a boyish if somewhat effeminate face and extenuates this by wearing earrings but some people are into that.

He has a passable intellect, understands enough about humour to laugh at appropriate times and not in others. He is a social creature, more than most Autistics, and seems to enjoy the connections and being in debate. He will voice somewhat contentious opinions. He has managed to skate from being banned from Wrongplanet for years which is a testament to his ability to refrain from crossing the line. He is confident. He projects masculinity and toughness.

How are we going? Sounds like a nice wrap of Loverboy?

Well that is a superficial reading. Now lets dig.

"He has a passable intellect"

Yeah, passable. He thinks he is a smart guy. But I do not think he has been the smartest guy in the room in many situations. He is decidedly average, which unto itself is not a biggie. The problem is he seems to believe himself a lot more smarter and cunning than he is. He seems to overcompensate when in a discussion or an argument, talking big and in ways that are broad and general, but without the intellectual courage to risk being pinned down on the specifics.

"understands enough about humour to laugh at appropriate times and not in others"

There is a very noticeable chink in this armour which screams "prod me here", and that is his inability to laugh at himself and not take himself seriously. Dox is happy to laugh at the absurb. He appreciates wits. He even enjoys seeing others make an arse of themselves. But he cannot turn the mirror on himself. There is no ability to say he is a middle aged nobody from the shittiest part of Australia and is cantankerous, arrogant, stubborn, disagreeable, shit at posting, rambling, longwinded, opinionated, boring, and generally a useless oxygen thieving spazz....no that was me. But yes he cannot accept that from introspection. He is too awesome.  :hahaha:

"He is a social creature, more than most Autistics, and seems to enjoy the connections and being in debate."

Yes very social. Never trust the really social ones. Socially he plays the game well. Makes the right moves to the right people and rails against the right people in the right way to the right degree and at the right time and the same with supporting people and being seen to do this. A very social animal. Its pretty fake and disingenuous. Its  playing and gaming people. Politically astute maybe but overall kind of shit.

"He will voice somewhat contentious opinions. He has managed to skate from being banned from Wrongplanet for years which is a testament to his ability to refrain from crossing the line"

The only time I have EVER seen Dox hold an opinion against Wrongplanet was many years ago after i was invited by him to a secret forum run by some asshat who used to be a mod that was kicked out of WP. (Mak something another). Dox invited me there to this new forum of WP disgruntled people as a possible competitor to launch against WP or some shit. It was all very secretive. Now it was pointed out when I joined that it was against others best judgement and that I was so very lucky to be on this free forum. They were all bitching and talking shit. I started just flaming Hell out of Mak for the most part. A few constructive posts but mainly slamming Mak because I did not like him and he banned me once. Then they made the mistake of accidentally allowing me permissions to view a few of the previously hidden forums and I saw A: They were really just talking crap and half-arsed ideas to get back Alex. and B: They talked about whether I should be allowed to join and how to handle me. I took down names and flamed Hell out of them too. Dox was hitting me up with PM's telling me to cool it and how he could try to mend bridges for me and of course was saying how he "had" to say crap about me whilst somehow defending me, to be listened to. I got banned.

Player play.

"He is confident. He projects masculinity and toughness."

Yes, he projects this BUT it is a little too forced. It screams "I have a baby face, earrings and a poncy hairstyle , please think I am an alpha male". I do not think he has anyone fooled. He looks like a wet blanket and I am sure has low testosterone. The purported love of guns, cigar, good quality alcohol and such, is too in your face. If he were really confident it would not come across as desperate. Again, each man to their own. Not every male is masculine nor every female feminine. Hell, people can be allowed to be as masculine or as feminine as they want. But it does not mean that we need to humour or endorse every alpha tryhard wannabee.

He was here for a short time but like a lot of pretenders and tryhards, he Came here with an expectation that we would gauge his popularity or repute on wrongplanet to be worth something and for his superficial "virtues" to be worth something. They weren't and he wasn't and he deleted his account and fled like no Alpha did ever.

Apart from that I guess he is okay. I would still probably have a drink with him......as long as it was on him (from the tips he made as a pizza delivery driver presumably)

So Justcurious, how was that? Brutal enough?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2016, 05:52:28 AM »
Why do we girls sometimes end up crushing on the most stupidest of guys? :facepalm2:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2016, 09:38:37 AM »

No. Think it's a legitimate question, in light of such a request. Maybe the request wasn't as serious as I took it. Have no problem with Dox , and even if I did, would still see no reason to attempt to sway someone else's opinion of him toward the negative. So if pointing at you instead of Dox makes me a jerk, then that's okay.

Well anyway, to answer your question: To a point, yes. Then, I think he's a jerk for leading me on, and then suddenly cutting me out. To mess someone about for that long is just mean, and he should damn well quit it.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2016, 09:47:56 AM »
Al: Thank you so much, that is so detailed! Exactly the sort of thing I wanted, cheers! :green:

Have you met him IRL? Cos it sounds like you might have.

Marion: Having crushes in general is stupid, I think.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2016, 10:02:42 AM »
Al: Thank you so much, that is so detailed! Exactly the sort of thing I wanted, cheers! :green:

Have you met him IRL? Cos it sounds like you might have.

Marion: Having crushes in general is stupid, I think.

Nah. I have seen a photo of him and I have interacted with him a few times. I don't even really mind him that much.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2016, 12:46:10 PM »
Why do we girls sometimes end up crushing on the most stupidest of guys? :facepalm2:
Usually it's some kind of attachment thing that went wrong in your childhood and/or some kind of deficit in emotional regulation and/or some kind of deficit in processing human interactions.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2016, 04:43:06 PM »
Usually it's some kind of attachment thing that went wrong in your childhood and/or some kind of deficit in emotional regulation and/or some kind of deficit in processing human interactions.

Translation: Your mum or dad, or possibly both, were losers and you are a spazz. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2016, 06:28:33 PM »

Well anyway, to answer your question: To a point, yes. Then, I think he's a jerk for leading me on, and then suddenly cutting me out. To mess someone about for that long is just mean, and he should damn well quit it.
Didn't you already say he takes a long time to reply, so you slump giving up hope for a response, only to get a response and start all over at the top again? Leading you on how?

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2016, 06:00:43 AM »
Didn't you already say he takes a long time to reply, so you slump giving up hope for a response, only to get a response and start all over at the top again? Leading you on how?

Well, he hasn't lead me on, but he's messed me about. He was acting friendly towards me and then just stopped posting. I mean, no reply for weeks at a time - it's just been confusing me.

It doesn't matter anymore. Now that he's mentioned his girlfriend publically, that ends it. I was going to ask him out.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2016, 06:45:49 AM »
I've just been very uptight because of life circumstances. I've been greatly messed around by my mother, and am still coming to terms with that, worrying about my ex's poor health, and my friend I'm seeing Thursday also has only just told me he has a heart condition. So fun days. :(
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 04:22:56 PM by Fun With Matches »