Educational

Author Topic: Crush  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Crush
« Reply #240 on: December 09, 2016, 06:20:54 PM »
^ I'm truly sorry to hear that, Al. I have an idea of how child abuse affects people, I have a good friend whose stepfather beat him up, and his mother locked him away as soon as he got in from school and he was isolated. He has attachment disorder from it, which has some symptoms like AS and OCD, like becoming attached to objects.

I'm glad you got away from them, but I understand that's deep pain that never heals. It must be horrible for you. *Hugs*
:dog:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #241 on: December 09, 2016, 06:24:57 PM »
Besides, shaming me that way isn't a good tactic.
It's not shaming, but rather curiosity if serious or not. That's what happens when people say things like that online and then follow through, the admins catch flack because they're the only ones who could have done anything.

Alright. Maybe I've said some things I shouldn't have said. Thank you all for putting things into perspective for me. Maybe slightly less harsh would've been more appreciated.

I used to be pretty good at being logical and seperating it from my emotions, but these days my emotions are overbearing and it's hard to figure out.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #242 on: December 09, 2016, 06:31:50 PM »
^ I'm truly sorry to hear that, Al. I have an idea of how child abuse affects people, I have a good friend whose stepfather beat him up, and his mother locked him away as soon as he got in from school and he was isolated. He has attachment disorder from it, which has some symptoms like AS and OCD, like becoming attached to objects.

I'm glad you got away from them, but I understand that's deep pain that never heals. It must be horrible for you. *Hugs*

I always wanted to be a Father because I wanted to do a better job as a parent and to give my kids what I did not get myself. I think I did okay with that aspect and so its okay in the end. I grew up and I no longer think much on my childhood. Not much to dwell on.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #243 on: December 09, 2016, 06:34:48 PM »

I always wanted to be a Father because I wanted to do a better job as a parent and to give my kids what I did not get myself. I think I did okay with that aspect and so its okay in the end. I grew up and I no longer think much on my childhood. Not much to dwell on.

Then you've achieved much and should be damned proud of yourself. I mean that.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #244 on: December 09, 2016, 07:43:58 PM »
Woah. The guy my friend introduced me to had just contacted me. About every other thing he said to me made me crack up, he is *really* funny!!

Apparently he's not up for dating cos he's a bit of a wreck from his last relationship. He told me my friend must hate me for introducing me to someone like him, lol.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #245 on: December 09, 2016, 08:23:05 PM »
Woah. The guy my friend introduced me to had just contacted me. About every other thing he said to me made me crack up, he is *really* funny!!

Apparently he's not up for dating cos he's a bit of a wreck from his last relationship. He told me my friend must hate me for introducing me to someone like him, lol.

Maybe he isn't up to dating, but it sounds like the makings of a good friendship.

In my book, anyone that can make me laugh is always a keeper. :thumbup:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2016, 12:04:52 AM »

Maybe he isn't up to dating, but it sounds like the makings of a good friendship.

In my book, anyone that can make me laugh is always a keeper. :thumbup:

Thanks Icequeen! :D I agree, that's why I'm still friends with my last ex, even though we were horrible to each other (bad matches, bad timing). He's really funny too, though he's funny in text.

I hope it does become a great friendship. I said, "Woah" at the beginning cos conversation was quite intense. I think it was cos he was making me laugh so much. I had to say I was going to bed. It was just sudden and conversation itself was happening very fast.

Also my friend was making out he (my friend) would be with me if not for his current girlfriend. *Takes a deep breath*

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2016, 03:25:10 AM »
Maybe.

Then maybe an admin should report you to an authority.

Not necessary.

Besides, shaming me that way isn't a good tactic. If I ever went, I'd damned well make sure nobody knew when I was going to do it, or where. Mental hospital is not where I want to go, not from the stories I've heard.

Please don't, though. You only get one shot at life and there's plenty of time to be dead afterwards.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #248 on: December 10, 2016, 07:41:29 AM »
Maybe.

Then maybe an admin should report you to an authority.

Not necessary.

Besides, shaming me that way isn't a good tactic. If I ever went, I'd damned well make sure nobody knew when I was going to do it, or where. Mental hospital is not where I want to go, not from the stories I've heard.

Please don't, though. You only get one shot at life and there's plenty of time to be dead afterwards.

Thanks, Odeon. :) You're right, might as well make the most of it.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #249 on: December 10, 2016, 07:54:15 AM »
Good friendships are great.

Go for it.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #250 on: December 10, 2016, 04:33:02 PM »
Yeah, good friendships should be valued.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #251 on: December 10, 2016, 04:34:38 PM »
He's posted a video of himself with speech from some animation in the background saying, "I like you too, you can start talking romantic." and he's giving a thumbs up and an awkward funny smile.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2016, 04:38:11 PM »
Tell him that he should speak his mind without the riddles or you'll kill him.

That's what I would do. OTOH, I never did know what to say.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #253 on: December 10, 2016, 04:44:08 PM »
There was a major part I missed out. When we were talking last night, he said he couldn't date until mid January when he next got money, cos he's too skint for a date at the moment too. Then he kept talking to me until I ended it and said I needed to go to bed.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #254 on: December 10, 2016, 04:45:14 PM »
"Can't date until January."

Bloody hell. Just kill him.

- Albert Einstein