Author Topic: Crush  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Crush
« Reply #180 on: November 30, 2016, 02:44:09 PM »
Friends do the maybe thing too? He told me to give him time. ??? What does it mean?

Not worth investing time in. He is "finding himself". Fuck that noise, let him navel gaze and self-reflect as much as he likes and move on. Don't be so caught up on what others think about.

I mean, my friend told me to give this guy time. I don't get why my friend would lead me on like that.
:dog:

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2016, 02:45:30 PM »
Friends do the maybe thing too? He told me to give him time. ??? What does it mean?

Move on to other pastures.  He's either underbaked or lost.  Either way you should focus on yourself and what you want and can do.

Underbaked? You mean immature?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #182 on: November 30, 2016, 02:47:54 PM »

Move on to other pastures.  He's either underbaked or lost.  Either way you should focus on yourself and what you want and can do.

Underbaked? You mean immature?

Lacking in the resolve to accomplish things/make relationships/deal with things. 
Don't really know who you're dealing with, but at my age, I don't have much patience or time for shilly-shallying.  I know I should, but I just don't.  Working on fixing myself.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2016, 02:49:29 PM »

Not worth investing time in. He is "finding himself". Fuck that noise, let him navel gaze and self-reflect as much as he likes and move on. Don't be so caught up on what others think about.

I mean, my friend told me to give this guy time. I don't get why my friend would lead me on like that.

Because people are stupid. If someone sees potential, they say this. Potential is nothing substantial. Its good thoughts and well-wishing.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #184 on: November 30, 2016, 03:01:58 PM »

Because people are stupid. If someone sees potential, they say this. Potential is nothing substantial. Its good thoughts and well-wishing.

Even if he's friends with him? My friend also said to me I need to be more patient anyway. I don't see how waiting for over a week is impatient...then, I only just updated my photos last night (I had none before) and at the same time shared a link to my friend's page. The guy would have seen me with my updated photo. 20 minutes later the guy put a different picture of himself on his FB page. I guess it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

My friend last week sent the guy only one pic of me with my eyes shut. I do wonder if it was on purpose. I mean, I know he's poly, but every other man I've ever been friends with has tried to stifle the competition before with other guys. Always.

..I was surprised he tried to introduce me to his friend in the first place. It was actually me who put it off six months ago because I was still mentally unstable, more so than now. I don't know if at the time my friend mentioned me to this guy back then, if he had then this behaviour now would be understandable. I take people literally though, at the time my friend said if I sent over a photo, he would introduce us.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2016, 01:20:23 AM »
Ah. I've just found out that my friend did mention me to this guy a few months ago. He must not be taking me seriously this time. What I said at the time to my friend was give me a month and then I didn't speak about it for about four months. I wouldn't blame this guy remotely for not taking me seriously. Now what?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2016, 06:59:25 AM »
Ah. I've just found out that my friend did mention me to this guy a few months ago. He must not be taking me seriously this time. What I said at the time to my friend was give me a month and then I didn't speak about it for about four months. I wouldn't blame this guy remotely for not taking me seriously. Now what?

Is this guy making any effort to connect with you?  I like what Positive K said:
  "I'm not waiting because I'm no waiter/So when I blow up don't try to kick it to me later."  8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2016, 09:20:48 AM »

Is this guy making any effort to connect with you?  I like what Positive K said:
  "I'm not waiting because I'm no waiter/So when I blow up don't try to kick it to me later."  8)

He hasn't contacted me, no. Thing is, how do I know he isn't thinking the above of me? That *I'm* flakey?

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2016, 09:38:30 AM »
My friend has kinda been a little off with me since the whole deal. Maybe cos I said no to him before when he asked me out.

He's kind of being more critical of me, and making out I'm being impatient. I can't tell if he's right or not. I'm gonna stop talking to him about it now, it seems to annoy him. I've barely said anything about it.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2016, 10:29:17 AM »
Listen -

PA and I had a class together in 1969.  I was attracted to him and he was attracted to me.  He sat in the back right last seat, I sat in the front left seat across the room.  We didn't talk.

I looked for him in the halls of the Business Building for 2 or 3 years, hoping to see him again.  Nothing.  Slow crawl to early 1982.  I went to a singles speech/discussion/mingle afterwards group.  There he was.

Late 1983, first date. March 1984 second date.  Married March 1985.  We weren't the fastest things on 2 feet, but we were in each others thoughts OCCASIONALLY in those years.  We had time to grow (yeah, we were pretty immature) and become who we are.  If we'd tried to connect back in the 1960's we'd have crashed and burned. 

Fate and Fortune kept us apart until we were "baked."

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2016, 02:48:03 AM »
Listen -

PA and I had a class together in 1969.  I was attracted to him and he was attracted to me.  He sat in the back right last seat, I sat in the front left seat across the room.  We didn't talk.

I looked for him in the halls of the Business Building for 2 or 3 years, hoping to see him again.  Nothing.  Slow crawl to early 1982.  I went to a singles speech/discussion/mingle afterwards group.  There he was.

Late 1983, first date. March 1984 second date.  Married March 1985.  We weren't the fastest things on 2 feet, but we were in each others thoughts OCCASIONALLY in those years.  We had time to grow (yeah, we were pretty immature) and become who we are.  If we'd tried to connect back in the 1960's we'd have crashed and burned. 

To put in context. IN 1969 I was not even conceived and in 1983 I was 12. Lot of water under the bridge.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2016, 10:28:00 PM »
Listen -

:clap:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2016, 11:13:46 PM »
Listen -

To put in context. IN 1969 I was not even conceived and in 1983 I was 12. Lot of water under the bridge.

PA was born before the atomic bomb (1942) and I was born after (1949).  He was in the Air Force in Puerto Rico during the Cuban Missile Crisis while I was in 7th (8th?) grade. 

It's not the amount of water that flows under the bridge.  Well, maybe it is.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2016, 04:10:59 AM »
Hello people, I've been reading and listening.

My friend just updated me. He said his friend was on the fence, unwilling to take a chance on a girl he doesn't know. Any interpreters?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2016, 04:35:16 AM »
Hello people, I've been reading and listening.

My friend just updated me. He said his friend was on the fence, unwilling to take a chance on a girl he doesn't know. Any interpreters?

Tell him that you do not need a man that needs hand holding and encouraging him off the ledge. You do not need to have to "manage" him and you have nothing to have to prove. You are you and if he doesn't want to get to know you then his choice.