Educational

Author Topic: I don't mean to disappear.  (Read 642 times)

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
I don't mean to disappear.
« on: September 27, 2016, 05:09:25 PM »
It seems like I have a habit of coming back every 6 months and so, making a few shitposts, then disappearing from these forums. I guess that's a good thing, because I was a complete jackass years ago. But not a good thing because I just can't bring myself to post here anymore. Or anywhere. I might rarely make a stupid post somewhere on Reddit here and there, but that's it for my social presence. I tried to pretend to be Darksydephil, but no one on here knows who he is and don't seem to care much for Internet "personalities". Well, neither do I, DSP is an exception for me, as he is something else.

These days, I just do fuck all but play trucking sims and watch anime. Yeah, I know I'm pathetic. You'd think I'd come here and brag about how I graduated with a networking degree and working an OK job somewhere. Maybe even have my own car. But it's not going to happen on its own, I guess. I'm 25 years old, and I'm still in the same place in my life as I was when I was 18 years ago. Well, technically, I'm in my 3rd apartment now. At least I've gotten more mature and less of a jackass and whiner, right? Right?!? Well, at least I'm better at keeping it all bottled up and shit. I'm a bit scarred from my days of being "pig fucker Pentygram" on here, to be honest.

Well, sorry to just abruptly end this stream of consciousness here. But I wanted to post SOMETHING here, get a few of my thoughts out there, to let people on here know that I'm around. I don't ever MEAN to disappear, it just happens. Well, see you guys whenever I build up the courage to make my next post on here, I guess.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
Re: I don't mean to disappear.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 05:14:12 PM »
You continue to make progress Penty which is the most important thing.

It's been slightly more active here the last few weeks and I' sure that people would appreciate your posts.

Try sticking around for a while, you might like it here now, the dynamic here is different than it has been in the past.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 05:18:38 PM »
hey :)  Plenty of we Aspies are "career losers" , ya know? That's nothing to be ashamed of round here.
Personally, I've got 30 years on you, and I still don't know what I want to be when i grow up. I guess I've missed the boat, huh?

Just be yourself.  People are always more likable when they're just being themselves. Yeah, even you.

Hope you stick around longer this time, and find the courage to just be you.

Thanks for the post.

-Walkie

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 06:14:50 PM »
I'm still waiting to grow up.

You're doing good, you're surviving...and that alone is a big plus some days. I was close to 30 before I even left home. :zombiefuck:

I'm a bit scarred from my days of being "pig fucker Pentygram" on here, to be honest.

You shouldn't be.

I'll bet half of us were the same or maybe even worse at some point in our lives. Hell I think I lost almost 5 years from age 18-22, I don't even remember half of the stuff I did, nor do I probably want to.  :laugh: 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 06:16:56 PM »
I have missed you SOOOOOOOOOO much.  Please stay around.  We're a bit older now and somehow not quite so confrontational.  Except for one unnamed member.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 06:19:22 PM »
Welcome back.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 06:58:26 PM »
Agreed, welcome back.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 07:07:38 PM »
I lived with my parents until I was 36, heh. Give yourself some credit for being independent.

I would like to see you post more.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 07:56:35 PM »
Welcome back.
I relate to how you feel... I spend most days feeling an utter waste of space because of having not achieved what I had hoped.
But... you are here and you are alive, and that counts for something, right?
I agree with others, that the dynamics here are very different these days, or I would not be around.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 11:48:25 PM »
Welcome back, anyway. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 12:07:06 AM »
Thanks. I might actually stick around this time for a bit.  :green: :) :-\ :( :'( :bigcry:

And I kinda became independent by force. I was released from state custody when I turned 18, meaning that my foster mother stopped getting paid to keep me around. She helped me get into an apartment of my own, apply for disability as an adult, taught me how to ride the bus, so I was able to fend for myself. If I had different circumstances, I'd probably stay at home until I was 30+ myself.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 12:21:35 AM »
I am glad your foster mother didn't just kick you out and leave you to fend for yourself. Because that happens.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 02:06:08 AM »
It seems like I have a habit of coming back every 6 months and so, making a few shitposts, then disappearing from these forums. I guess that's a good thing, because I was a complete jackass years ago. But not a good thing because I just can't bring myself to post here anymore. Or anywhere. I might rarely make a stupid post somewhere on Reddit here and there, but that's it for my social presence. I tried to pretend to be Darksydephil, but no one on here knows who he is and don't seem to care much for Internet "personalities". Well, neither do I, DSP is an exception for me, as he is something else.

These days, I just do fuck all but play trucking sims and watch anime. Yeah, I know I'm pathetic. You'd think I'd come here and brag about how I graduated with a networking degree and working an OK job somewhere. Maybe even have my own car. But it's not going to happen on its own, I guess. I'm 25 years old, and I'm still in the same place in my life as I was when I was 18 years ago. Well, technically, I'm in my 3rd apartment now. At least I've gotten more mature and less of a jackass and whiner, right? Right?!? Well, at least I'm better at keeping it all bottled up and shit. I'm a bit scarred from my days of being "pig fucker Pentygram" on here, to be honest.

Well, sorry to just abruptly end this stream of consciousness here. But I wanted to post SOMETHING here, get a few of my thoughts out there, to let people on here know that I'm around. I don't ever MEAN to disappear, it just happens. Well, see you guys whenever I build up the courage to make my next post on here, I guess.

Hey Penty

I have missed you SOOOOOOOOOO much.  Please stay around.  We're a bit older now and somehow not quite so confrontational.  Except for one unnamed member.

Queen Victoria means me, Penty. She is pretending that I alone am the only one who is confrontational on Intensitysquared and being nice not mentioning me by name. Rather than making it obvious to everyone who "that person" is. Better to talk about me in third person and treating me like some Voldemorte type character.

But you know me and I you. You've come a long way mate and I am not alone in hoping to see you around. You will be a good addition around here. BTW I know Dark Syde Phil and he is an absolute tool  ;)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 05:42:00 AM »
  Welcome back!   :santa:

Don't do the comparison thing, it's pointless.  I'm 50, grew up with advantages, finished college,
  "ought to" have achieved great things ... bah.  I'm a low-skilled food service worker,
  I live alone in a crummy apartment, I never got a driver's license, and if I didn't have a little
  interest income every month from my father's estate, I'd still be sweating the rent every month. 
  Know what? ... Fuck it, I'm not hurting anyone.  I'm doing OK.  I'm still learning and evolving
  at my own pace.  I'm not over yet.  Neither are you.  Some of us just bloom later.
  Don't worry about what everyone else is doing.  Keep looking for things that engage your mind.  8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 05:51:35 AM »
It's good to see you pop up. Even if it would be just for a few weeks.

CBC is right, don't do the comparing thing with others. On the other hand, now and then do look back from where you came from. You've come a long way. In your own pace.

And that there will be a setback now and then, so be it. Spazzes do not go by the book. You show that you keep getting back on your feet to go on. That is what counts.

Hope you stick around. If not, please do pop up again in half a year or so, to say hello.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!