Author Topic: drunk or drugged posting  (Read 11810 times)

Offline zer0

• Constant Poster
  • The Great Korvhund-o
    • Bento & Starchky dot com
Re: drunk or drugged posting
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2007, 08:15:15 AM »
I also dodged out of the draft because I hate taking orders from anyone other than myself. That, and that I knew that it was just a matter of time before I'd kill someone if they screamed orders in my face at the top of their voice while I had a loaded gun in my hands.
Den som läser detta är dum.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2007, 05:48:53 PM »
second time, double dose, twice the fun.  fuckity joy.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2007, 05:56:26 PM »
Time to start. Got to get smashed enough to deal with all the little girlies.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2007, 06:07:58 PM »
i'm keeping my eye on you.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2007, 06:09:46 PM »
i'm keeping my eye on you.

As will they be.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2007, 07:39:23 PM »
i forgot.  the draft dodger.

I dodged out from the military as well, but that was due to that: 1) I don't like taking orders. 2) Why would I give the Swedish military one year of my life, learning how to use guns to protect my country, when my country doesn't allow me to just buy a gun for my protection as a private citizen?

You can enlist for one year? Cool. If I was a young Swedish cock, just growing tail feathers, I would give them a year, just so I could learn to shoot, well.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2007, 07:49:07 PM »

Gum, again? Is that a new flavor, Fuckity Joy?

... or are you thinking of something better to gnaw on?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2007, 09:14:26 PM »

Gotta start all over. STBM. I hate my tolerance.

Litigious

« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2007, 04:07:07 AM »

I dodged out from the military as well, but that was due to that: 1) I don't like taking orders. 2) Why would I give the Swedish military one year of my life, learning how to use guns to protect my country, when my country doesn't allow me to just buy a gun for my protection as a private citizen?

You can enlist for one year? Cool. If I was a young Swedish cock, just growing tail feathers, I would give them a year, just so I could learn to shoot, well.

We have draft, so when I was 18, I could have gone to prison if I had simply refused military duty. I asked for postponement of my military duty for my university studies, and one day a Captain so and so called me and asked if I was really interested in going to the military, and I answered him "Honestly, no." So he exempted me from military service. But you can enlist too, women too.

But I could also have applied to a shooting club. Like I said, guns aren't banned, they're only very restricted. But I was too shy in that age, and now it would feel weird to apply for one. People usually join shooting clubs when they're 18-20. And they're often unwillingly and suspicious to new members, due to the fact that a few people actually have committed crimes with legal gun. And I refuse the whole idea. Would you accept to keep your driver's license on the condition that you went back to driving school at least a couple of months for the rest of your life? Because that's how the shooting club system works. You have to stay a member to keep your license, and you have to go to the club on a somewhat regular basis. The cops can check you, and if you haven't been there for a couple of months, they can take your license. And if you get a license to keep the gun in your home (which needs a separate procedure), the cops have a right to come and search your house whenever they please to check out that you have your gun locked up properly...So you can have a gun legally, alright, if you accept this procedure and if you accept that the cops can come into your home like you were some criminal...

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2007, 06:00:25 AM »

Gum, again? Is that a new flavor, Fuckity Joy?

... or are you thinking of something better to gnaw on?

xanax.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2007, 08:20:05 AM »

We have draft, so when I was 18, I could have gone to prison if I had simply refused military duty. I asked for postponement of my military duty for my university studies, and one day a Captain so and so called me and asked if I was really interested in going to the military, and I answered him "Honestly, no." So he exempted me from military service. But you can enlist too, women too.

But I could also have applied to a shooting club. Like I said, guns aren't banned, they're only very restricted. But I was too shy in that age, and now it would feel weird to apply for one. People usually join shooting clubs when they're 18-20. And they're often unwillingly and suspicious to new members, due to the fact that a few people actually have committed crimes with legal gun. And I refuse the whole idea. Would you accept to keep your driver's license on the condition that you went back to driving school at least a couple of months for the rest of your life? Because that's how the shooting club system works. You have to stay a member to keep your license, and you have to go to the club on a somewhat regular basis. The cops can check you, and if you haven't been there for a couple of months, they can take your license. And if you get a license to keep the gun in your home (which needs a separate procedure), the cops have a right to come and search your house whenever they please to check out that you have your gun locked up properly...So you can have a gun legally, alright, if you accept this procedure and if you accept that the cops can come into your home like you were some criminal...

Technically they have a similar provision (must submit your guns and records, on demand, for inspection) in the gun laws of this country, but I believe it was only put there, after Kennedy's assassanation with a mail order gun, to allow some gray areas for the BATF to abuse. Fortunately the abuse of that power doesn't happen often, but the wording is challenged still. The wording of those laws makes a great argument between left and right, partly because legislators had left it to the criminals to honor the law (absurd!). In the sixties, the gun laws were changed drastically and created a middle-man (arrangement between BATF and Federally licensed dealerships was changed) to keep more complete records for them and made it illegal for individuals to purchase weapons from manufacturers or importers. We are not really all that free, in this country, either.

Before there were speedy, online, background checks performed on buyers, when purchasing certain weapons, the felons who were forbidden to purchase, still bought guns in legal stores. As a licensee, you would have been liable to lose your license if one of the guns you sold, went directly into the hands of a felon. The only legal defense for the dealer, would be whether the gun was purchased before a felony was committed or whether you sold a gun to a previously convicted felon. Either way, the only way to save your license, after selling to a felon, was to give them totally complete (yellow form, they call it) and current information to convict the criminal, again. Kind of gestapo-like if you ask me. The BATF is about as close to being "above the law" as you can get. Even old hillbillies knew this and they used to shoot "revenooers" on site - a short term solution, kind of like blowing up a road sign. (I never blew up any road signs, but I had an old pickup at one time and several other tough old cars. I just ran over them, for what ever offense I felt them responsible for. Usually it was for reflecting sunlight at me.)

As far as feeling weird, I would feel even weirder if I did not have my weapons, even though I am separated from most of them, right now. They had to be put into storage, when we moved, because (my priorities changed) I just don't have room for the safes, in my home, anymore, but, trust me, I do not "go around naked". The Browning safes were my idea, because at one time I had quite a few guns and lived in an area of Texas that was a little dangerous to have unused guns, just sitting around.

I turned eighteen in nineteen seventy three and they were already "ending" the Viet Nam conflict and very few people were being drafted, compared to a couple of years before. I was prepared to enlist, because there was "rumor" that if you enlist, instead of making the army "look for you in Canada" you would have a little say in what job you went for. It was not true, however. You were safe from the draft, if you were establishing a Canadian citizenship and they sent almost everyone newly enlisted to the front lines, as fodder, anyway.

I feel better knowing how to control a weapon, even though I don't really shoot much, anymore. I would work through the embarrassment and join the club, anyway.  It is simply the way it is done in your country. You want to play, you gotta use their rules. Take it from an older guy:  What are you waiting for? You are only getting older.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:24:39 AM by DirtDawg »

duncvis

« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2007, 07:46:15 PM »
I must confess to being moderately bladdered. My back went earlier today so I've been popping CoCodamol (paracetamol and codeine) like smarties, then decided 'fuck it, I'm gonna have some beers and watch the second series of Black Books and laugh like a hyena'... there appears to be a synergistic effect, unlike tramadol which goes with booze like chainsaws go with hangovers. result - I'm halfway down my sixth pint, dancing to tanzwut, in a fucking good mood and nowhere near ready for bed yet. dammit! :party:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2007, 08:20:59 PM »
CHEERS MATE.
ENJOY TONIGHT, FOR TOMORROW WILL BE HELL TO PAY.

sorry about the yelling.  i fixed my caps lock now, and was too lazy to rewrite the post.  but not lazy enough to write this disclaimer.
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2007, 09:44:32 PM »
Meh. I fear no caps lock. :P

Scrapheap

« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2007, 10:04:27 PM »

I dodged out from the military as well, but that was due to that: 1) I don't like taking orders.

I don't like taking orders either, but when it's done in a professional manner, it's not so bad. they're usually telling you to do something that makes sense.

Quote from: Lit
2) Why would I give the Swedish military one year of my life, learning how to use guns to protect my country, when my country doesn't allow me to just buy a gun for my protection as a private citizen?

When I was in, me going out buying guns and shooting on my free time was looked upon favorably by the chain of command. As a matter of fact, our Platoon Sergeant was my shooting buddy and I kept my guns over at his house because I lived in the barracks where you couldn't keep guns.