Author Topic: Quite possibly the 2 worst candidates for POTUS.  (Read 4864 times)

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
Re: Quite possibly the 2 worst candidates for POTUS.
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2016, 08:49:46 AM »
Fuck Scalia.  Good riddance!  :MLA:

You have just been promoted to the level of  "Moron"  in my latest book. :thumbdn:

I had given you a long rope up to now.

:congrats:

Oh noes :(

I'm willing to posit that my opinion of Scalia is more important than yours as I doubt you have read a single page that he has written while I have read literally thousands.  :M

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2016, 01:32:50 PM »

You have just been promoted to the level of  "Moron"  in my latest book. :thumbdn:

I'm willing to posit that my opinion of Scalia is more important than yours as I doubt you have read a single page that he has written while I have read literally thousands.  :M

And there's lawyers who have read every word that he's written and think you're wrong in every regard. Your point being??

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2016, 01:36:48 PM »

I can not accept that one person's opinion is "more important" than any others. I regard your opinion as quite valid and quite worthy of discussion.

I take issue mostly with your nonchalant dismissal of the life and death of a great American - let us skip that Great American part for now - any person who has lived to the best of their abilities to be what they set out to be, hunter, gatherer, baker, candlestick maker, does not matter, deserves a modest respect after passing from this world in MY opinion.  A human life is an "important thing"  in the scheme of our society.   Not all matter as much as a few, but this particular ones sudden death hurt us all, as you will learn in the ensuing months, assuming you are also subject to USA laws and Judicial interpretations from the highest, Final court in our land.

I could proceed along a parallel argument to yours by demonstrating that a well informed opinion may have more of a touch of the facts while it was being formed and thus might reflect a more informed (nothing more) viewpoint. None of which "completely" discounts the less informed's viewpoint. A less informed opinion only invites more scrutiny and calls it into question by those who ARE well informed.

Assuming that we non - lawyers do not read and understand Supreme Court decisions is a bit arrogant. (another one of MY opinions) I was quite interested in following politics even before Reagan came to office.

I stated my opinion of your comment. It seemed as if you were quite uninformed. If I am wrong in thinking that you are simply not aware of the times that our Constitution was supported by Justice Scalia, then maybe you should work a bit on your presentation, Old Buddy, Old Pal, True "Friend" Of Mine.

:yawn:

OH!   I think we need a "Tempest In A Teapot"  smiley.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:44:53 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2016, 01:39:48 PM »

And there's lawyers who have read every word that he's written and think you're wrong in every regard. Your point being??

It appears that he has nothing more than wanting to hassle me for stating that any human life is worthy of respect.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2016, 01:42:08 PM »

That I'm entitled to my opinion, and it's superior to yours  :hahaha:

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2016, 01:46:25 PM »

It appears that he has nothing more than wanting to hassle me for stating that any human life is worthy of respect.

Naw, again that's just your opinion and you are entitled to it.  My opinion is that Scalia was one of the worst things to ever happen to non-white, non-male, non-elderly Americans and I cheered when I heard he was dead.  I later attended a bit of an impromptu celebration with some fellow-minded lawyers.  I'm glad he's dead.  I do not accept your premise that he is some capitalized "Great American".  He was a shitbag, and I'm glad he died.

All that being said, he was truly entertaining to read.  Kind of like a cross between Pappy and TCO when he wasn't getting his way.  Just with more eloquence and bigger words.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2016, 02:03:15 PM »

Naw, again that's just your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Thank you for that. I seem to be winning the discussion for now. At least you have agreed that I am entitled to my own opinion. Is feels like headway.
Now to get to the "more important"  part.

(You DO know that you will wear that statement like a metaphorical  "Albatross Around Your Neck"  for as long as I am aware your existence)
 :lol1:

My opinion is that Scalia was one of the worst things to ever happen to non-white, non-male, non-elderly Americans and I cheered when I heard he was dead.  I later attended a bit of an impromptu celebration with some fellow-minded lawyers.  I'm glad he's dead.  I do not accept your premise that he is some capitalized "Great American".  He was a shitbag, and I'm glad he died.

All that being said, he was truly entertaining to read.  Kind of like a cross between Pappy and TCO when he wasn't getting his way.  Just with more eloquence and bigger words.
And again one more of YOUR opinions (this could go on a while if I do not END it NOW!)

Surely you can not think that having a few cohorts with which to share that opinion makes it "more" valid in some way.

I promise to end this nonsense after you respond with the last word one more time.
 :headbang2:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2016, 03:21:17 PM »

Naw, again that's just your opinion and you are entitled to it.  My opinion is that Scalia was one of the worst things to ever happen to non-white, non-male, non-elderly Americans and I cheered when I heard he was dead.  I later attended a bit of an impromptu celebration with some fellow-minded lawyers.  I'm glad he's dead.  I do not accept your premise that he is some capitalized "Great American".  He was a shitbag, and I'm glad he died.

Agreed, but, he was the "key" behind citizens united,  which let corporations flood the electoral process with millions of dollars, and then there was the "gutting" of the voting rights act..which disenfranchised minority voters.  And then there was his shameless excursions with billion dollar lobbyists, on hunting trips, parties, etc.  Oh, yes, and he died on a hunting trip with one of them....at least he didn't get shot by dickyboy cheney!  Or was he? :CanofWorms:  Anyway. if this had been thomas, I would have thrown a party that lasted a month.  scalia was biased, bought, and bogus!   And the world is a cleaner place with him gone!
 8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »
(You DO know that you will wear that statement like a metaphorical  "Albatross Around Your Neck"  for as long as I am aware your existence)

You have been aware of my existence for 6 years now.  I sleep just fine ;)

Offline MLA

• Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2016, 03:45:30 PM »
Agreed, but, he was the "key" behind citizens united,  which let corporations flood the electoral process with millions of dollars, and then there was the "gutting" of the voting rights act..which disenfranchised minority voters.  And then there was his shameless excursions with billion dollar lobbyists, on hunting trips, parties, etc.  Oh, yes, and he died on a hunting trip with one of them....at least he didn't get shot by dickyboy cheney!  Or was he? :CanofWorms:  Anyway. if this had been thomas, I would have thrown a party that lasted a month.  scalia was biased, bought, and bogus!   And the world is a cleaner place with him gone!
 8)

He's also the biggest hypocrite to ever wear the robe.  He confirmed that in Shelby County v. Holder.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2016, 03:57:43 PM »
 8)

He's also the biggest hypocrite to ever wear the robe.  He confirmed that in Shelby County v. Holder.

I slightly disagree, thomas is, sexual harassment is the worst!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2016, 04:10:42 PM »
for as long as I am aware your existence

Who the fuck are you?  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2016, 09:01:03 AM »
 :popcorn:
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2016, 01:17:28 PM »
That I'm entitled to my opinion, and it's superior to yours  :hahaha:

In other words, hubris.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2016, 01:24:17 PM »
My opinion is that Scalia was one of the worst things to ever happen to non-white,
so you're a racist
non-male,
self-loathing misandrist
non-elderly
Ageist
Americans
Zenophiliac 
and I cheered when I heard he was dead.
Necropheliac. :wanker: