I don't drive
1 (5.9%)
Doesn't apply
0 (0%)
Bewbs
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 12:43:07 PM

Author Topic: Back in or pull in?  (Read 945 times)

Online Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Back in or pull in?
« on: August 03, 2015, 12:43:07 PM »
Just curious when parking at home do you back into the spot or pull in.  I like being able to just drive away without backing up both at work and at home,  when I am out I generally park out far enough that I can pull through and park facing out 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Back in or pull in?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 01:02:04 PM »
Back in. I like being able to just drive away.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Online Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 01:10:33 PM »
Back in. I like being able to just drive away.

That is especially important for me at work after a long hot day I don't want to have to think about not hitting their mail box or something I just want to leave

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 03:19:17 PM »
Too many close calls when backing up.  I try to pull through at parking spots.  Fortunately we're on a cul-de-sac and I can back into the driveway with ease.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 03:37:55 PM »
Pull in.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 04:41:47 PM »
Just curious when parking at home do you back into the spot or pull in.  I like being able to just drive away without backing up both at work and at home,  when I am out I generally park out far enough that I can pull through and park facing out

I do the same as you do. My wife who is a UPS driver does the same.

Generally in a parking lot, I find a space where I can just face out. Now my car has an advanced rear view camera system which is cool, but I use it mainly when I park at home.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 04:46:42 PM »
Too many close calls when backing up.  I try to pull through at parking spots.  Fortunately we're on a cul-de-sac and I can back into the driveway with ease.

Due to a city ordinance, disallowing turns into private property on "busy streets," one upon which I have always had objections, we enter our driveway/homespace from an alley.

We both always back in.

Fact is, "tHe city"  enforced that we stop having a convenient entry from our street into our garage.  We were "forced" by Eminent Domain Law to close down our "handy"  driveway and tear it out.

We actually had to "turn"  our really nice two car garage around ninety degrees to support the city ordinance.

We closed in the LONG side of the garage, which had two openings and had to re arrange to garage so that we could enter from the alley way (which, obviously, included building a new drive way with access to the alley way), which, since a simple two car garage is generally NOT a square, we went from having a really nice two car garage to having an overly large single car garage -------   WHICH WHICH WHICH  caused us to have to pay even MORE in taxes on the property that we had been paying with a two car garage , but that is another story for another time.

Anyway, we had to do it and the city paid for most of it, BUT ....  :zombiefuck:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:58:43 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Online Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 06:40:30 PM »

Due to a city ordinance, disallowing turns into private property on "busy streets," one upon which I have always had objections, we enter our driveway/homespace from an alley.

We both always back in.

Fact is, "tHe city"  enforced that we stop having a convenient entry from our street into our garage.  We were "forced" by Eminent Domain Law to close down our "handy"  driveway and tear it out.

We actually had to "turn"  our really nice two car garage around ninety degrees to support the city ordinance.

We closed in the LONG side of the garage, which had two openings and had to re arrange to garage so that we could enter from the alley way (which, obviously, included building a new drive way with access to the alley way), which, since a simple two car garage is generally NOT a square, we went from having a really nice two car garage to having an overly large single car garage -------   WHICH WHICH WHICH  caused us to have to pay even MORE in taxes on the property that we had been paying with a two car garage , but that is another story for another time.

Anyway, we had to do it and the city paid for most of it, BUT ....  :zombiefuck:

My town gets on my nerves but this is just crazy,  does it give the people in city hall some kind of power trip to micromanage  peoples lives like this.  I don't think I could ever live in a place like that, we are looking to move in a couple years and have been looking at local ordinances in towns around here and have already excluded a few over things like 'no outdoor fires' 'no tag sales' and such but nothing like this

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 06:57:10 PM »
I normally park away from everyone else and just pull through. If I can't I'll pull in...normally in the lower end of the lot though closest to the exit.

SO always picks the closest spot to the store and backs in.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 07:06:39 PM »

We both always back in.

My town gets on my nerves but this is just crazy,  does it give the people in city hall some kind of power trip to micromanage  peoples lives like this.  I don't think I could ever live in a place like that, we are looking to move in a couple years and have been looking at local ordinances in towns around here and have already excluded a few over things like 'no outdoor fires' 'no tag sales' and such but nothing like this

One of my "friends"  lives in a small town near by, where there is a "Homeowner's Agreement"  he signed many years ago in order to move in. Now that he is retired and his kids are all moved out, he started gardening, much like I do, with my help, BTW, growing stuff for your own table, basically.

Due to some busy body asswipe claiming that his efforts were going to lower the property value of all those around him, invoked a clause in the "Homeowner's Agreement" stating that, while a home owner can do all the gardening one wants, a homeowner is NOT allowed to grow "produce" on the property, lest doing so might devalue the neighborhood property values.

Now, I live in a place where everyone seems to vote Republican. (take a look at the history here; this has been a Free Republican state for generations) We all live conservatively, we all respect each others rights, we live free, stay out of each other's way and we mostly all carry guns, but this is the kind of communistic, democratic bullshit that some of us have to deal with in their local lives.

WTF!!!

OH, and twenty five years ago, We had to go before the city council and present a good case in order to get a "Variance of City Ordinance" in order to hang a "shingle" on our property "advertising" that this is where our photo studio's office was.  All our sign said was our name and the phone number. It was "very conservative"  and the color scheme of the sign perfectly matched the paint scheme of the house (we literally used the same exact paint!). There was nothing untoward or offensive about our sign, yet we had placed it there without a proper permit and were very close to being sanctioned when a Sheriff's Deputy showed up on our doorstep with a summons to court for our infraction.

Check this shit out before you decide where to move.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:49:52 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 08:18:04 PM »
People who pull out are often called parents.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 11:53:56 PM »
I always backed in at my last job. It felt better, enabling my quick escape from the madhouse.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 02:35:02 AM »
When I had a car, I backed in. Found it easier to do, and liked that I could just get in and drive away the next time I used it. Sometimes pulled through, just to practice pulling in, without ending up in a pulled in position.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 02:35:43 AM »
I always pull in. My car is not good for rear vision and I am shit at backing the car in anywhere. I am equally shit at parallel parking and avoid it when I can.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 05:37:44 AM »
I prefer backing in